Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Formula One

manc_don

Bullshit.

Running round a playground going "BRRRRRRRRR" doesn't make you a race car driver, nor does owning a car and 'going fast' a la Ricky Bobby.  If you buy a car, enter it into some sort of competition, then guess what, you're now part of the motorsport world.  You're still not an F1 driver though.

There's only 20 of those in the world who are good enough or privileged enough to have made it that far.  Football as you say only needs two people (unless you're happy to play keepie-ups for hours on end), a ball and a couple jumpers.

It's all about accessability.

That's why F1 will always be a minority sport no matter how many millions tune in to watch those 20 guys tearing round a track.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But playing football in the park puts you on a par with Thierry Henry playing for Barcelona though?  Can't have it both ways which is what you've suggested with your football is football quote.  Fundamentally it is but top level isn't the same as World Cuppy down the park with your buddies.

A child racing round Knockhill is part of the motorsport world, a child playing football in the park is part of the football world.

Yes Miss, it is a lot of boring rubbish.

How are you today, did you enjoy shopping?

;D

I did thank you - I bought lots including new trainers which I now don't like and went for coffee and ate cream cakes and talked about Jordan and lipstick  :thumbsup:

Ooh and also how hot Jenson Button is getting  ;)

A group from my office are being taken to Silverstone at the weekend, free drinks all day etc. I hate motor sport, it's dull as fuck as far as I'm concerned but would quite like to have experienced being there.

Ok, I wanted to go for the freebies.  ;D

I reckon I would be bored fucking rigid as a paying spectator, better off there on a freebie or watching wi a hangover on the telly. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

What a freak accident to Massa yesterday.

755343.jpg

Fuck that looks nasty! was watching qualifying when it happened and it seems like such a freak accident, Massa didnt even need to do another qualifying lap either, was already through to the next qualifying round!

Fractured skull above his eye socket as well as the base of his skull, nasty stuff!

Apparently he's woken up from an enforced coma and is moving his limbs and communicating. Not talking yet though. Looks like a horrible injury! Good win for Hamilton yesterday, I wonder if his dad is getting annoyed at his girlfriend acting like a fanny in the pit!

Apparently he's woken up from an enforced coma and is moving his limbs and communicating. Not talking yet though. Looks like a horrible injury! Good win for Hamilton yesterday, I wonder if his dad is getting annoyed at his girlfriend acting like a fanny in the pit!

I know I was!

Jesus that's a terrible picture, look how swollen he is to the left of his left eye.  :o

I know nothing about these helmets but I'm guessing the weakest point would be the visor?  A couple of inches across and he wouldn't have had a chance.