🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Formula One

manc_don

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Anybody still watching this so called sport!? I think I'm going to give up on it, it's a pale imitation of the adrenaline fuelled edge of the seat racing that I grew up watching. Used to get up at 4am to watch a race from the other side of the world - nowadays it's a struggle tuning in for a 1pm start!

Apathy may kill F1.

Anybody still watching this so called sport!? I think I'm going to give up on it, it's a pale imitation of the adrenaline fuelled edge of the seat racing that I grew up watching. Used to get up at 4am to watch a race from the other side of the world - nowadays it's a struggle tuning in for a 1pm start!

Apathy may kill F1.

I haven't watched one race this season, which is the first time since it moved back to BBC. Selling its soul to pointless rich countries along with other rule changes has just made it completely boring. I can't say I'm missing it either.

• 10 months later...

What a farce the "sport" is turning into.  They can't even agree on a qualifying format.

It's a long long way from what it was when I was growing up.

I think the exclusive move to Sky in 2019 may well just kill it off in terms of audience.  The sport will be lost to a whole generation IMHO.

What a farce the "sport" is turning into.  They can't even agree on a qualifying format.

I think the exclusive move to Sky in 2019 may well just kill it off in terms of audience.  The sport will be lost to a whole generation IMHO.

Haven't watched one race so far and i'm not particularly sad about that fact either. Can't see myself tuning in at all.

Completely agree with the first point, slightly torn on the last point as I really enjoy the sky coverage, think it's fantastic!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Anyone else like Formula 1? I love it. Probably my second favourite sport behind fitba.

At the sticky end of the season now with it still undecided but with Rosberg just needing to finish 3rd or better.

I'm not a Hamilton fan at all. He comes across a lot better these days but i canna forget what an arrogant prick he came across when he first came on the go. I was delighted when he didn't win the drivers championship in his first season. I don't particularly like Rosberg either but i'd rather he wins it than Hamilton.

Anyway, i've really enjoyed this season. Extra tracks like Baku which have been a big success, controversy surrounding Mercedes regarding how they clearly favour Rosberg over Hamilton, probably due to nationality. There's been plenty to like this season imo.

In my view there are a few class acts, Hamilton, Vettel, Verstappen, Ricciardo and Alonso, i'm hoping the changes to be implemented next season even the playing field a bit and bring all these guys cars closer to each other.

I know it's easy to criticise F1 but there's bound to be some other fans....  :eek:

I've been a fan of formula one for years, really hoping Rosberg can win his first title as I've never really taken to Hamilton either.

Fingers crossed there's a more even playing field next year, Red Bull seem to have made a step forward this year and really hoping Ferrari can give Vettel a car good enough to challenge as he's an outstanding driver.

Agreed ED, if the new regulations bring the cars closer to each other like they think they're going to do it could be good stuff. I was going to say 'great viewing' but that would probably be taking it too far for some.

If like you say Red Bull can continue their improvement and give Verstappen a competitive car then he will definitely ruffle even more feathers than what he already has done. That boy has some potential, and i love the way he doesn't care about the established drivers opinions of him.

Used to watch most races but this season i've missed most of them.  Interlagos is one of my favourite circuits so was gutted to miss the race last week, seemed like it was action packed.  I don't mind Hamilton, was always a fan of Button though.  It's funny, seems to have improved towards the tail end of the season, hopefully that continues through to the next.  Great to see Verstappen continue his development too.

Used to watch most races but this season i've missed most of them.  Interlagos is one of my favourite circuits so was gutted to miss the race last week, seemed like it was action packed.  I don't mind Hamilton, was always a fan of Button though.  It's funny, seems to have improved towards the tail end of the season, hopefully that continues through to the next.  Great to see Verstappen continue his development too.

It was frustrating with all the red flags but some of the racing once it did get going was nothing short of sensational... verstapen in particular. Even though my dislike of him grows with every dickhead move he's some talent, you'd need to go a long way back to find such an impressive performance in such poor conditions.

Didn't see it live as i'd foolishly agreed to travel to the weeg and waste some time down there....  :gonk:

As i've said above i'm not a fan of either HAM or ROS but if i'd been HAM i'd have been trying to pull that stunt 4 races ago when it became clear he needed snookers. He was bound to get a result eventually. Saying that the Merc hierarchy would have probably pulled him out if he'd kept it up.

The Beeb are being a bit bairny suggesting ROS isn't a worthy champion, he's maybe not the best but he's obviously earned it!

Looking forward to next season... i think.