Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

What Have You Been Watching on TV?

Kowalski

• 1 month later...
McMafia episode 1 was good. Excellent potential.

Enjoyed McMafia...Would have been better if another actor rather that James Norton was in the lead role. I find him a very wooden actor. Rumours about him being the next James Bond is way of the mark. Get Tom Hardy as the new 007.

Enjoyed McMafia...Would have been better if another actor rather that James Norton was in the lead role. I find him a very wooden actor. Rumours about him being the next James Bond is way of the mark. Get Tom Hardy as the new 007.

Assume McMafia is available on IPlayer to download.

Away to check it out and obtain.

Downloading series now :thumbsup:

I thought it was decent enough in the end, started very well but kinda dropped off through the middle but the last two episodes were very good.

I also liked Hard Sun, was a bit far fetched but was good each week then a weird ending but still enjoyale.

Loved Derry girls, fantastic humour and covering the troubles in ireland.

Assume McMafia is available on IPlayer to download.

Away to check it out and obtain.

It was ok. I missed one episode in the middle but couldn't be arsed catching up with it. I don't want to piss on yer chips but if you hadn't seen it, you missed nothing. It was ok at best and I don't like wasting time on stuff that isn't good at least and preferably great.

Agree that the last episodes were good though, surprisingly actually and also agree that the lead actor boy is a wooden top.

McMafia episode 1 was good. Excellent potential.

I enjoyed the whole series, but I get what you mean. My fiance only started watching half way through the series (yesterday) and managed to understand enough of it.  The final few episodes were epic.

Hard sun, i've watched one episode and looking to jump on that next.  Looks like it could be a goodie.

Is Derry Girls on BBc or elsewhere Mini?

I was a little disappointed with McMafia. I enjoyed the intrigue of the first few episodes but it seemed to be dragged out as the series went on. It felt like 5 or 6 episodes masquerading as 8. That said, as a big budget BBC drama it had far more substance than the Night Manager IMHO.

Collateral looks promising.

It was ok. I missed one episode in the middle but couldn't be arsed catching up with it. I don't want to piss on yer chips but if you hadn't seen it, you missed nothing. It was ok at best and I don't like wasting time on stuff that isn't good at least and preferably great.

Agree that the last episodes were good though, surprisingly actually and also agree that the lead actor boy is a wooden top.

Started watching it last night.

First three episodes down and got to say it's ok so far.

Ok but not billiant.

Will continue watching though

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

100 years younger in 21 days, great viewing.

Worth watching just for Shaun Ryder's input.  Hard to believe how much abuse a person's body can have been through.

Requiem on BBC ONE A spine-chilling quest for the truth, a child goes missing but all is not what it seems.

Been watching this series for weeks and to tell the truth I am totally mystified about what is going on.

Penultimate episode is on tonight so maybe it will start to make sense.

Been watching this series for weeks and to tell the truth I am totally mystified about what is going on.

Penultimate episode is on tonight so maybe it will start to make sense.

Been meaning to give this a watch.  I'll see what you think of the final two episodes as to whether it's worth it!

Been meaning to give this a watch.  I'll see what you think of the final two episodes as to whether it's worth it!

I watched it all on iPlayer one night. Bit of a pile of pish, but reasonably entertaining nevertheless. Not really my usual watching due to the annoyingly stupid decisions of the main characters rendering things too unrealistic in these horror type things.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished the first of 3 series of Gomorrah.

Mafia related shenanigans in Naples. In Italian with English subs. Very violent and a bit of an eye opener to the low standards that the southern Italians have to endure. Having said that i suppose every big city has areas like what are being depicted in the series.

It's on Sky Boxsets. Well worth a watch.  :thumbsup:

The Frankenstein Chronicles, with Sean Bean.

Surprisingly very enjoyable and gripping with a twist or two.

( Okay, so it was actually on Netflix, the 1st season anyway, and " legally obtained " the 2nd season from ITV Encore )

Give it a watch it's worth it.

Started watching the first episode on Netflix over at the gf's one night, err, "fell asleep"

Finally watched the final two episodes of Requiem.

Very disappointed overall. Will not give away the ending but was absolute garbage in my opinion. How they managed to drag this out for so long is beyond me.