Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

What Have You Been Watching on TV?

Kowalski

Incredible programme, a must watch for all. Amazed no other animals have figured out that the flamingos are stuck in the ice overnight.  Would be like taking sweets from a baby.

Flamingos not a staple diet.

There's not one eatery in Union Square offering them on the menu.

Which is a disgrace quite frankly.

They must taste shit?

Flamingos not a staple diet.

There's not one eatery in Union Square offering them on the menu.

Which is a disgrace quite frankly.

They must taste shit?

Apparently they turn yer pish pink, like beetroot. Lot of meat on them like, and there hunners of them near where my folks live so I might try and skewer one next time I'm oot.

Just watched the first in the new series of Oak Island.

WANT MORE NOW!

I watched the summery programme before it and have the first episode ready to watch. You just know they will find fuck all but it draws you in. Into the fourth series now and they have found one Spanish coin  :-\ Doesntstop me watching and hoping. See they have brought in the heavy machinery now, hopefully they get some better results.

I watched the summery programme before it and have the first episode ready to watch. You just know they will find fuck all but it draws you in. Into the fourth series now and they have found one Spanish coin  :-\ Doesntstop me watching and hoping. See they have brought in the heavy machinery now, hopefully they get some better results.

I know, it does get a bit too history 2 with its Knights Templar and pirate gold but its one of those programs you just cant help getting sucked into.

Looks like they are really going for it this year. History Channel pumped something like $1.5m into the project so there has to be plenty more like us out there before they are willing to spend that much on a program thats meant to be one of their small budget spends like hunting for bigfoot or giants.

I watched a programme about Jim Baxter on ALba last night, they are not bad with their documentaries.

Was Baxter as good as made out to be?  I have seen footage of him against the guffs at Wembley in 67, but not much else, but the fact that he finished so young makes me suspect he may not have been as good as all that.

ANyone on here remember him playing at all and advise a bit more about the guy?

Bar Denis Law, I didn't recognise any of the ex players speaking about him, but suspect they were all ex hun.

Watched The Grand Tour last night, won't be the Clarkson haters cup of tea but if you liked Top Gear with Clarkson and co then you would love this. They do the same cocking about but instead of the hanger at the track they are doing it from a massive tent which changes location around the world every episode. Loved the film of the McLaren P1, the Porsche 918 Spyder and the Ferrari LaFerrari.

Watched The Grand Tour last night, won't be the Clarkson haters cup of tea but if you liked Top Gear with Clarkson and co then you would love this. They do the same cocking about but instead of the hanger at the track they are doing it from a massive tent which changes location around the world every episode. Loved the film of the McLaren P1, the Porsche 918 Spyder and the Ferrari LaFerrari.

Just finished watching it GB. Aye it was pretty good. Those three cars were phenomenal! And a surprising result at the ned. A few funny bits as well, esp the different takes while talking about the reputation of the RAF. The Yankee boys heckle was pretty good.

Didn't really get the celebrity bit though. And surely there was an opportunity missed with Carol Voderman lying there 'dead'.  :twisted:

Just watched it, pretty decent i must say. That McLaren P1 looks amazing, liked Clarkson almost shitting his pants at the end of the drag race, real terror in his face !!!  Seem's a lot more carefree than Top Gear was.

Anyone who hasn't got Amazon prime or a funcy Firestick can watch it here http://tinyurl.com/hp58g6e

Remember to have Adblockplus & Admuncher installed and running before hand.

Just watched it with the loons! Brilliant, three amigos back to their best! What a cars!

Just watched it, pretty decent i must say. That McLaren P1 looks amazing, liked Clarkson almost shitting his pants at the end of the drag race, real terror in his face !!!  Seem's a lot more carefree than Top Gear was.

Anyone who hasn't got Amazon prime or a funcy Firestick can watch it here http://tinyurl.com/hp58g6e

Remember to have Adblockplus & Admuncher installed and running before hand.

Makes me even more glad that I refuse to pay for 'pay per view' TV

Confirms to me that whilst Clarkson and co got all the credit, the Writers and editors at BBC were the real talent.

I'll stick to the Dave repeats

Just kept thinking of when ITV took over the English premier highlights back in 2001. First programme had less than 30mins of highlights and about 60mins of chat and random features such as 'Townsend's Tactics Truck'.

The celebrity thing, their random 'RAF is best' and 'Conversation' skits all should have been dumped on the cutting room floor. For me the 'fun element' of any top gear challenge was when things go wrong (even when you could tell it was staged) eg buying a supercar for less than £10k, £1k porshes, 1970s british cars, 1980s hatchbacks, driving supercars in impractical areas, etc

Having 3 hypercars and showing them off on tracks with the only flaw being one isnt road legal gets tired very quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

John Pilger documentary on ITV the nicht. Be well worth a watch (around 2230 I think). Pilger a fantastic journalist.

About USA provoking China and the lack of coverage in the West.

Edit: it's called: The coming WAR on China. Everyone should watch it.

Sorted if for you Rico

The coming WAR on China.

Sorted if for you Rico

Cheers Al, did I write "The coming on China"? That'd be a different type of film, although equally as intriguing.

I believe it is 22:40 tonight, so prefect timing for after the game tonight when we're all style buzzing due to the scintillating performance from a resurgent dons team.

Cheers Al, did I write "The coming on China"? That'd be a different type of film, although equally as intriguing.

I believe it is 22:40 tonight, so prefect timing for after the game tonight when we're all style buzzing due to the scintillating performance from a resurgent dons team.

Has Was not War

Saw him getting interviewed on breakfast tv. Definitely worth a watch.

Read a few of his books as well as watching his documentaries.

Quality journalist  :thumbsup:

Started to watch the coming war on China on Friday. Wasn't what I needed so had to stop. Awful fuckers the yanks. I knew all about the Marshall islanders but fuck me. Not that bad. Will try give it another go on Wednesday.

It's worth it like, good viewing. I don't particularly like Pilger's voice, but he's good at what he does. A good interviewer too, it's refreshing to hear people actually asking questions rather than just allowing someone to speak. It puts a different light on Trump's comments regarding Taiwan.

Last night started watching "Modus" on the IPlayer.

Anyone that reads the book thread on here will know I like my "Nordic Noir" type books/tv.

Three episodes in, shaping up nicely.

Anyone that watched and enjoyed "The Killing" should give it a go :thumbsup:

Me too  :thumbsup:

Been decent so far.