Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

What Have You Been Watching on TV?

Kowalski

It's worth it like, good viewing. I don't particularly like Pilger's voice, but he's good at what he does. A good interviewer too, it's refreshing to hear people actually asking questions rather than just allowing someone to speak. It puts a different light on Trump's comments regarding Taiwan.

Got round to watching The Coming War with China last night. Fantastic documentary.

The Chinese guy speaking about the relationship between money and the state was brilliant.

America is fucked, fuckwit-filled and they are going to fuck us all.

Rarely watch TV these days but have seen bits and pieces due to family visits over Xmas.A couple of random programmes that I managed to see....

Travel time? (forgotten its name),48 hours in Florence - normally I would have found this quite interesting,getting to see around an unfamiliar City,but.....the hosts I thought were a poor combination.The large female hostess,looked half interested most of the time,only perking up when it came to eating,especially if confectionary was involved.

The Host - likeable enough guy,maybe tried too hard to be funny too much of the time.Drop the hostess,and change the format a bit,might be worth a watch    Could do better 5/10

Tracy Ullman show -  Havnt seen her for years.Wasnt side splitting stuff,but clever humour.Some of the impersonations were very good,Judie Dench in particular,Angela Merkel pretty good too.    7/10

Dont watch TV but have seen bits and pieces due to family visits over Xmas.A couple of random programmes that I managed to see....

Travel time? (forgotten its name),48 hours in Florence - normally I would have found this quite interesting,getting to see around an unfamiliar City,but.....the hosts,a poor combination.The large female hostess,who looked half interested most of the time,only perking up when it came to eating,especially if confectionary was involved.

The Host - likeable enough guy,maybe tried too hard to be funny too much of the time.Drop the hostess,and change the format a bit,might be worth a watch    Could do better 5/10

Tracy Ullman show -  Havnt seen her for years.Wasnt side splitting stuff,but clever humour.Some of the impersonations were very good,Judie Dench in particular,Angela Merkel pretty good too.    7/10

I love the 48hours in...series. The host is hilarious but they change the celebrity with him every episode. She wasn't a very good one, rebel Wilson. Love fiorenze though, cracking city.

• 3 weeks later...

Watched "inside chernobyls mega tomb" on BBC 4 this evening. Fantastic bit of engineering, not sure why it didn't get more of the positive press it deserved. Well worth a watch.

It was on a couple of we is ago too. It was great.

Currently strapped in for the Sherlock finale - wonder if it will be the last ever episode.

• 2 weeks later...

Walking the Americas. Fascinating programme. Did not know uber actually has helicopters in Panama city  :o

Didn't think it was as good as 'Walking the Nile' or 'walking the Himalayas'. Decent effort but when I saw it advertised in December I thought he would be walking the entire Pan-American Highway not just Central America.

There also didn't seem to be the element of Danger the previous two had even though he walked through drug-lord areas and the Darien Gap.

Didn't think it was as good as 'Walking the Nile' or 'walking the Himalayas'. Decent effort but when I saw it advertised in December I thought he would be walking the entire Pan-American Highway not just Central America.

There also didn't seem to be the element of Danger the previous two had even though he walked through drug-lord areas and the Darien Gap.

True, the nile one was a particular fave. Thought he'd show a bit more danger in Darien gap, disappointing. At least regarding the people smugglers etc

The Nile series is the only one I've not watched.

Will need to have a look on Kodi to catch it.

Think the Himalayas one was far beter than The Americas one.

Have watched the first two episodes of Apple Tree Yard @ 9pm on BBC. A little bit slow but starting to build up into a decent story line now. Think there is a fairly big twist in it coming up though.

• 2 weeks later...

I was pretty impressed with C5's 'the accused' last night.  Not the usual cheesy documentary they are known for.

For anyone that didn't see it, it was following a young lady called Kelsey who had been charged, along with her complete cunt of a boyfriend, with the horrific assault of their baby daughter. 

Long story short - HE shook their baby when he got fed up with the crying.  This resulted in serious injury.  She stood by her man for some strange reason and this docu is following her during the lead up to the trial.

Can't help feel for the lass.

Currently watching BBCs take on the whole Shannon Mathews affair.  Thought they might of actually got an actor to play one of the main characters (the mum).  Apparently not, truly awful drama.

Currently watching BBCs take on the whole Shannon Mathews affair.  Thought they might of actually got an actor to play one of the main characters (the mum).  Apparently not, truly awful drama.

The wife was watching it, so I had an ear to it. It wasn't great like. Very strange angle to take on it, from the point of view of the random friend. The idea being, I assume, to show the feelings in the community. It meant there were a lot of cringey scenes that looked severely dramatised. The actress who played the mum was quite bad, but to be fair to her you do get a bit of the actual lady who was really weird and almost a caricature of herself from what I remember. The kidnapped lass will be 19 now, and will soon probably feature in Big Brother and in turn a Donstalk WYOWYN.

I find it tragic how so many invest so much time watching a screen.

Banksy - one of the greatest humans - is forever tweeting about the need to read.

A good story is a good story no matter the format of its delivery.

TV that is no more than jam for the masses is where the problem lies. Celebrity reality shows filled with celebrities that are only known for being on other reality shows are a sad indictment of what is seen as entertainment today. Men that are famous for no more than having tattoos on their tattoos, drinking too much and fucking young women over, young women that are famous for no more than exposing themselves and allowing said tattooed men to fuck them over and over again live on TV.

• 2 weeks later...

Dinna watch the telly, loads of reasons but mainly because it's crap.

Anyway, I'm getting on a bit and fully believe that things never got any better than they were in the seventies.

With that in mind I've been watching some classics.

Finished the entire set of Colditz episodes on YouTube ( although the first 3 episodes were crap) it was great.

Good fortune has allowed me to download all 3 series of Secret Army

Series 1 is absolute heaven, I'm halfway through series 2

It got off to a bad start with the introduction of appaling background music but seems to have settled down.

It's all keeping me off the beer although I've started drinking coffee and just bought myself a hat.

Listen very carefully I said that only once.

Good fortune has allowed me to download all 3 series of Secret Army

Series 1 is absolute heaven, I'm halfway through series 2

It got off to a bad start with the introduction of appaling background music but seems to have settled down.

I dinna watch much TV either, I prefer reading or watching auld stuff on DVD, also partial to foreign films.

Anyway, Secret Army is one of my favourite series of all time, brilliant stuff from start to finish. I've never seen Colditz though.

Watching the Russian hooligans programme which was on BBC 2 earlier this week. Fuck me. These guys are animals. I found it funny folk shut the English up but jesus, these guys don't and won't stop at anything. Thank fuck Scotland are shite, someone (probably England, Poland or germany) are in for an absolute battering despite the government's attempts to shut down the problem.

Also started watching roots last night. Incredible viewing, I'd like to say I enjoyed it but I didn't, but will keep watching. Little wonder why the world hates white folk.

For white v. black in Amerikuh, check out 7.5 hours of OJ Simpson on BBC iPlayer, available for the next three weeks. The story and portrait of the man was fascinating enough but the climate at the time, the LAPD, the race cards being played, the interviews with close friends, with relatives of the dead, with the key lawyers and press people etc. etc. all made for gripping viewing.