Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

What Have You Been Watching on TV?

Kowalski

Pillars of the Earth.

Was just starting to read the book when it came on UK TV but a combination of not having satellite TV in Ardnamurchan (only way to get it back then) and moving to here meant I never saw it.

Now I can get it "on demand" for free and enjoying it.

BTW Hayley Atwell is a very pretty woman!

I loved that book! So much so i bought the TV series on DVD and the sequel World Without End.

And you're also right about Hayley Atwell!!!  :-*

7f97f52089354747be262455385cbfe7--actress-hayley-atwell-haley-atwell.jpg

I loved that book! So much so i bought the TV series on DVD and the sequel World Without End.

And you're also right about Hayley Atwell!!!  :-*

7f97f52089354747be262455385cbfe7--actress-hayley-atwell-haley-atwell.jpg

Third part of the trilogy has been released last month.

Going onto my Amazon kindle wish list :thumbsup:

Thanks for that Big Al. I did know about that.  :thumbsup:

A Column of Fire would appear to be the name of the book.

Just this morning i've finished watching the last episode of Deadwood. I know it's old but i got recommended it after enjoying Hell on Wheels. It's probably better than HoW.

Funnily enough Ian McShane is one of the main characters as he is in Pillars of the Earth.  Great actor.

• 2 weeks later...

The Vietnam war. 8 episodes. BBC 4.

Essential viewing for anyone seeking to understand truth, and how horrible the USA actually is.

Missed it again. Watched the 6th episode and then forgot about it, will go back and watch it as I really enjoyed it. Did it cover the Chennault affair? If not, Chasing Shadows is a good book to get the low down on it (the kindle version has audio recordings of Nixon too, which is interesting). Basically the prelude to Watergate.

All 10 episodes of Vietnam now available. Stunning testimony from the vets on both sides.

This affair exposed the evil of both LBJ and Dickhead Nixon. Spiro Agnew was another reptile who’s exterior also reflected the ugliness in his soul. Fast forward 50 years, the US elected Trump, a man who doesn’t even have the ability to pretend.

The Kennedy files are getting released imminently... supposedly. JFK was assassinated by the deep state. Vietnam was the reason.

Watched the first episode of Gunpowder last night on BBC iplayer. I'm nae completely clued up on how the actual events played out exactly but not sure how much it matters if it's completely accurate. Really good first episode. (It's a three parter)

I saw it advertised and thought it might be worth a watch but I never really made a point of watching it until I'd read that people had complained about the violence being OTT. Fucking pussy snowflake cunts will moan about anything. The world's a violent place. Always has been and always will be. The only difference now is authorities pretend to be more civilised.

Looking forward to the next two parts.

Cheers Rocket min.

Just watched the first 15 minutes of the Vietnam series.

I can tell already it's going to be good.

Brought me right back to growing up in the sixties, Vietnam was the constant news coverage.

I grew up with images of people being shot in the head or setting themselves on fire.

No wonder I turned out like I did  ;)

World War II in Colour.  Not a new series, but first I've seen of it, via Netflix. Absolutely amazing footage, very in-depth.  The footage from before the war started, particularly from Africa where the Italians were and of the scenes in Spain during Franco's attempt of control were really interesting.  The parallels between that time and what's happening now are too easy to make, unfortunately.

Seconded for Blue Planet 2, was excellent. It'll be great for my daughter to look back on when she's older and see what a whale was.

Been meaning to WWII in colour for a while now BB, heard it's a fantastic series.

Shout out for Stranger Things 2 also, probably better than the first one.

Keep missing Electric Dreams too. Pain in the ass.

just finished Comrade Detective. A Romanian police story made in the 70's, dubbed in to English and it is great. It's a party political detective story saying how great life is in Romania, it's full of things like Romanian police are the best in the world and the American Embassy is full of fat guys eating burgers, Women screaming when they see their kids holding western jeans. It is very funny and also a great story

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got back to watching Line of Duty yesterday and half way through season three.

Not a single episode without a "ouch ya fucker, never saw that coming" moment

Great entertainment.

Well thats me up to date with Line of Duty.

Absolutely fan "fucking" tastic viewing.

Loved every minute of it.

BBC have confirmed seasons five and six are signed off, but not likely to be on the small screen until early 2019.