Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

What Have You Been Watching on TV?

Kowalski

For white v. black in Amerikuh, check out 7.5 hours of OJ Simpson on BBC iPlayer, available for the next three weeks. The story and portrait of the man was fascinating enough but the climate at the time, the LAPD, the race cards being played, the interviews with close friends, with relatives of the dead, with the key lawyers and press people etc. etc. all made for gripping viewing.

Noticed that on iplayer the other night actually, sounds like a decent watch  :thumbsup:

Noticed that on iplayer the other night actually, sounds like a decent watch  :thumbsup:

I came across it by accident earlier in the week, started watching and within 5 minutes got hooked. I googled it last night, having completed seeing it in full and unsurprisingly it's been nominated for tons of awards. It really is "multilevel", being deeply disturbing and highly informative at the same time. Absolute must see for anyone with a functioning brain and an interest in the human condition, the only currency for self awareness and personal growth of course.

Am I the only one on here that watch Homeland ?

Stuck with it right from the start and now season six is on Channel 4 on Sunday evenings.

First two episodes of this season frankly were shite, but episodes three & four have vastly improved.

Out of curiosity anyone watch first part of SS-GB on Sunday past, and if so was it any good  ???

Am I the only one on here that watch Homeland ?

Stuck with it right from the start and now season six is on Channel 4 on Sunday evenings.

First two episodes of this season frankly were shite, but episodes three & four have vastly improved.

Me. Agreed. Not sure about the inclusion of Quinn, probably should have killed the character off I reckon. Also, they really screwed up with the female president. Looks like they just assumed - like the rest of us probably - that Hillary would win and only wrote one version. It prides itself on its relevance, and they jumped the gun a bit. They could have had much more fun, and a far better series if they'd waited on the election outcome.

Me. Agreed. Not sure about the inclusion of Quinn, probably should have killed the character off I reckon. Also, they really screwed up with the female president. Looks like they just assumed - like the rest of us probably - that Hillary would win and only wrote one version. It prides itself on its relevance, and they jumped the gun a bit. They could have had much more fun, and a far better series if they'd waited on the election outcome.

Was there an episode last Sunday?  The last episode I saw was brilliant and was quite amusing as I was discussing the very topic of the settlements with my g/f and a couple of others.  It seemed apt and suited my argument ;) Agree about Quinn, he's doing my head in a bit.

I've got SS GB recorded Al, I was hoping someone had already seen it to confirm if it's worth watching!  I like the idea of it all anyway

Imagine on BBC iPlayer has a couple of must-sees just now. The Nawal El Saadawi portrait was fascinating but the programme on Maya Angelou was a profile of one of the greatest human beings in history, on a number of different levels.

Some interesting parallels between the two. The best in anything come through adversity but they both came through a lot. Their courage and selflessness was almost unimaginable given the weakness, lack of integrity and valuelessness of the modern era. I love seeing/meeting/hearing about better and more intelligent people than me and these two women are uncatchably strong in so many ways. I could/would have loved Maya.

Was there an episode last Sunday?  The last episode I saw was brilliant and was quite amusing as I was discussing the very topic of the settlements with my g/f and a couple of others.  It seemed apt and suited my argument ;) Agree about Quinn, he's doing my head in a bit.

I've got SS GB recorded Al, I was hoping someone had already seen it to confirm if it's worth watching!  I like the idea of it all anyway

I think homeland skipped a week in the U.K., there was an episode last Sunday though.

My Mrs watched SS GB and recommended it to me, haven't got round to watching it yet though.

I think homeland skipped a week in the U.K., there was an episode last Sunday though.

My Mrs watched SS GB and recommended it to me, haven't got round to watching it yet though.

Homeland wasn't on a week past on Sunday for some reason but it was episode five on Sunday night past.

Haven't got around to watching it yet or indeed stated on SS-GB yet though.

• 2 weeks later...

Inside no 9 again tonight. Class.

Holy fuck. Never heard of it but just googled it and watched an episode on iPlayer. Way heavy on the pathos and darkness and not much light or joy, once the whole context was revealed. It was the dead waitress scam one. Heavy as fuck. Not sure if I'll go back for another episode. Need to recover from that one. The acting was exceptionally good though so probably will.

Anyway, Imagine starts in 5 minutes. Bette Midler. Always liked that mad bitch genius. Should be good.

Holy fuck. Never heard of it but just googled it and watched an episode on iPlayer. Way heavy on the pathos and darkness and not much light or joy, once the whole context was revealed. It was the dead waitress scam one. Heavy as fuck. Not sure if I'll go back for another episode. Need to recover from that one. The acting was exceptionally good though so probably will.

As a bit of background, it's from the folks who did league of gentleman. Whilst I liked LoG, I thought that the format of repeated characters (ala Fast show, Enfield etc) didn't really do it justice. Inside no 9 fits better into its own genre with different plots centred around an arbitrary theme (the number 9). It allows a broader scope and really tests their acting. It's then fine that some episodes aren't great and others are just genius.

Try last night's one if you get a spare minute, it's phenomenal. Last series was good too. It's what BBC2 should be all about in my opinion. Regardless whether it's yer cup of tea or not, it pushes the boundaries and leaves you a bit stunned at the end.

Watched the Replacement last night, excellent first couple of episodes then the finale was a major let down.  Tried to cram way too much into it. Shame really.

Yep, you could see that coming with the second episode. I said to the wife that they were rushing it too much and just springing unrealistic shite on people without previous background. Luckily they had covered the main character's previous history of a career in vehicle electronics extensively before last night's episode (wtf was that about?) to add to the realism.

It was really poor from the BBC. It was great to see the recognisable weegie back-drop and the subject matter was sound, but I don't understand how any program commissioner could have sat through that last episode and thought that was an acceptable ending. There's some big-hitting box sets out there that the BBC is competing with and they really need to up their game. They went down the current fashionable route of bold-colour camera shots to make it look classy, but there was no substance whatsoever. The script really let down some good acting performances from the two birds especially. All it needed was to stretch it out to 6-8 parts and develop the plot a bit more. It was like they ran out of money. Frustrating like.

• 3 weeks later...

Tonight's Channel 4 News had a feature about boarding schools.

We are governed in the U.K. by a "bereaved" class of people.

Scotland on the other hand is so pathetic - this wasn't in the news feature by the way - that we consent to be governed by these psychologically-damaged children who grew up into dysfunctional adults, employed by the system to serve the system.

Scotland on the other hand is so pathetic - this wasn't in the news feature by the way - that we consent to be governed by these psychologically-damaged children who grew up into dysfunctional adults, employed by the system to serve the system.

But I'm sure the SNP have done some good, surely.

Although the closure of the NE Police call centre is already being shown to be the horrendous decision everybody said it would be.

Tonight's Channel 4 News had a feature about boarding schools.

We are governed in the U.K. by a "bereaved" class of people.

Saw it like, was good. Basically taught to conform from a very young age. Interesting that the guy said that his individuality was essentially taken from him. The old "it's not like that nowadays" trotted out for good measure of course.