Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Todays fitba

As a lot of the members of this fine forum know I hail from Inverness.  As such I have a soft spot for both county and ICT.  Having them in top flight is brilliant for the highland economy and I genuinely love where I live.  As such I am unashamedly rooting for ICT in these play offs and whilst that was a turgid game to watch I was really impressed at the spirit of the team to go through with 9 men (incidentally collum, whom I think has improved as a ref over the years, was back to his old standard tonight).  

Truthfully I felt appointing dodds was a mistake for inverness but he's starting to impress me as a manager.  They ended the season with a good run and on tonight's evidence his team is well organised. Spoke well post match too, he may yet go onto bigger things perhaps. 

I have to give special mention to Mark Ridgers though.  Mark is actually a friend of mine, I play pub league darts and I have played on the same team as Mark since about 2018.  He's a thoroughly lovely bloke I'm pleased to say and cracking dart player too.  I was so chuffed for him when he saved that pen, proper up off the couch punching the air chuffed. 

Edited by tlg1903

Watched the play off 1st leg between Sheffield Utd and Notts Forest.

Most entertaining 3pm Saturday kick off I've watched this season.

Forest must be gutted at conceding in  injury time but certain they'd have taken a 2-1 away victory to takeinto the second leg if offered that pre kick off.

Bonnyrigg won 1-0 against Cowdenbeath meaning they are promoted to league 2 and relegating Cowdenbeath to lowland league. 3rd time in the play off for Cowdenbeath in last few years so this had to happen eventually. 

2 hours ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Great to see Andy Robertson complete his Liverpool medal collection today. Nae bad for a wee guy fae Scotland. Once he lifts the World Cup in December he might as well call it a day 😉

Think you are forgetting he hasn’t been player of the year for the dons yet…

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jute said:

Some difference to the blood money launderers Eddie Howe has made. Look a totally different team now. 

ETA: Arsenal 2-0 down and blowing champions league chances.

Fecking great 😁

Just wait until the real money starts being spent this summer 😉

13 hours ago, Jute said:

Some difference to the blood money launderers Eddie Howe has made. Look a totally different team now. 

ETA: Arsenal 2-0 down and blowing champions league chances.

Incredible difference. The desire to work, press and hassle Arsenal last night was great. On paper, Howe’s signings look pretty mediocre but have brought about a huge change in attitude. The boy Bruno in midfield looks a real find.

45 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Yep

Frankly doesn't bare thinking about 😬

I agree, but I've kind of already consigned myself to the fact that they're favourites and it's a game that they will likely win. The most annoying part is that there's nothing particularly jammy or cheatery about their run. It's not like when Smith shitfested them to a final in 2008, they've played some really good teams and deserved to beat them. If it wasn't for who they are, and how they got to their current position, I'd say that they deserve... I can't bring myself to say it. In case of any doubt I might just have raised, I really hope that they lose. With Jack and Wright getting injured. Their fans to get taught a lesson by the Portuguese authorities.

• Haha 1