Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Todays fitba

Worthy winners I think. Their goals were by far the better quality.

Not sure I agree with the disallowed goal at the end, I thought it was a reasonable shout for a pen.

The money I won for it being allowed helped ease the pain though.

Not sure I agree with the disallowed goal at the end, I thought it was a reasonable shout for a pen.

The money I won for it being allowed helped ease the pain though.

Yeah I thought the goal should have stood, but i'm over it ;) Its nice to see a new team win it nonetheless. Although they do pay ridiculous wages at Shaktar!

As opposed to all the titles elsewhere in Europe that are won by impoverished teams that might not be the most skilled, but damn it, they're plucky and determined!

I was referring to the fact that they've done pretty much done nothing and all of a sudden they're winning the league.

:wave:

Guest Nellie The Don

I feel that talk of Hearts and winning leagues is, in itself, justification for posting this picture...

168585368_5db2a8c9fa.jpg?v=0

Now, doesn't that feel better.  ;D

I was referring to the fact that they've done pretty much done nothing and all of a sudden they're winning the league.

:wave:

They're backed by Volkswagen, and always have been, I think they were originally their works team effectively. But VW don't put too much money into them as far as I'm aware and there's already talk of them losing their best players. Supposedly Man Utd are after their striker Grafitte.

Watching the Barca-Osasuna game, 17 year old Muniesa of Barca has been given a straight red for a tackle that was no more than a yellow.  It's ashame for the guy, he'd only been on for half an hour and is in tears going off the pitch.  You really need to wonder what games refs watch a lot of the time.

EDIT: A Barca fan just ran on the pitch to remonstrate with the ref! He got right up to him and starting pointing at his own head as if to say "You're bonkers!"  ;D

Watching the Barca-Osasuna game, 17 year old Muniesa of Barca has been given a straight red for a tackle that was no more than a yellow.  It's ashame for the guy, he'd only been on for half an hour and is in tears going off the pitch.  You really need to wonder what games refs watch a lot of the time.

EDIT: A Barca fan just ran on the pitch to remonstrate with the ref! He got right up to him and starting pointing at his own head as if to say "You're bonkers!"  ;D

haha, are the spanish tv crews like the British where they don't show it when someone runs onto the pitch? I see Barca are one down, but I suppose it doesn't really matter to them though.

They're backed by Volkswagen, and always have been, I think they were originally their works team effectively. But VW don't put too much money into them as far as I'm aware and there's already talk of them losing their best players. Supposedly Man Utd are after their striker Grafitte.

They certainly upped their budget this season.

Their previous finishes from 2000-2001 onwards are:

9th, 10th, 8th, 10th, 9th, 15th, 15th, 5th, 1st

The title is their first honour.

£10m on Barzagli, also brought in Zaccardo and Benaglio to name a few.

They've spent money but judging by some other teams that are up there, maybe the Bundesliga is the most competitive league in Europe right now?