Wednesday 19th June 2024

Euro 2024 -  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland v 🇨🇭Switzerland

kick-off 8pm

Todays fitba

Because of the English arrogance i always want a Scottish team to win except the Gers who i cant stand

I've not seen even the slightest hint of any sort of arrogance from Tottenham.

As I said on Bacefook last night it's embarrassing for Scotland but I was still delighted to watch Hearts get pumped.

MOTD EPL is a bit fruity tonight.

Joey Barton eh? E's a lad.

Arsene has photies of 86.2% of Gooner ST holders in compromising positions. Sexually, of course.

Kenny Dalglish, after a decade of mothballness, is proving able to do a job.

Steve Bruce is still very boring and uninspirational.

Davie Moyes is an intelligent loser.

Mark Lawrenson is frightening to both young females and very old grannies.

Hansen has an identity complex.

Chelsea owner's personal integrity continues to affect the clubs karma.

Gary Lineker will die a broken man.

Nothing changes really. Same old. Same old. 

I'd like to take back what I said about Gary Neville.  He's actually not too bad and is doing a decent job at having a balanced opinion.  He did a good job on MNF last night.

He's got a voice like the sound of a cat getting skinned alive though.

I was wondering if you would retract your original statement ;) Having watched him on TV a couple of times, I thought he came across as intelligent and very balanced. Opposite to what he was on the pitch, but that doesn't matter anymore.

Pleased to see Arsenal beat Udinese in Italy.

I hope Wenger spends a big chunk of the money from the Fabregas, Clichy and Nasri departures on decent replacements.  On a brighter note, Eboue's gone too  :wave:

Aha, a closet gooner. Whilst I started wanting to see Arsenal get pumped, I actually quite enjoyed the game and wanted to Arsenal qualify. Quite intrigued to see who Wenger actually manages to get in, he needs to invest very wisely to retain the support of the fans.

When are Uefa due to make their decision about the replacements to Fenerbache?

Edit: just read the other thread.

AS a person who has had a few issues with wenger over the years it has surprised me greatly at how I have warmed to him in recent times.  I think the way he had conducted himself under such scrutiny of his abilities has been superb and last night arsenal were a joy to watch.  Gone was the lets pass the ball into the net mentality,  replaced instead by a real hunger to get shots on goal.  Players were actually shooting from distance ffs.

That said a lot of the play was still the aesthetically pleasing game expected from arsenal but with much more of an edge. Song looked a player that could actually be a midfield hatchet man if required and walcott and van persie bristled with menace.  It could be said the goalie was slightly out of position for the udinese goal but such was the quality of the header this would be harsh and anyway even if he was he more than made up for it with the penalty save. 

This could be a good season for arsenal, they are three big signings away from being a very good side imo.  A willian from shaktar or renato augusto from leverkusen would likely slot right in, pastore from palermo would also be a good shout.  A decent no nonsense english centre half  (gary cahill is the best that has been mentioned) and a midfielder like scott parker would do them the world of good, also maybe playing  with a slightly more direct approach would suit the chamakhs of this world (i'm sure wenger would love to trot out the (its like an new signing line).    Unfortunately for arsenal wenger doesn't classically have a great eye for making such signings.  Players like reyes and arshavin spring to mind, they do ok for a spell than fade as players......... Nasri was a success though.  Lets be honest no one will be surprised if he only decides to sign a 17 year old unknown from madrid that only players of football manager have ever heard of. 

Dont think you could critisice the keeper fro Di Natalies header. Was a top drawer header. Looked to be heading wide to start with

agree with this. Don't think Sczezny could have done much more tbh. It was a cracking header, and he certainly made a great penalty save.

Tbh GS, I think its quite probable, and I fully expect the old farm to roll out the excuse that its our fault. Fuck them, I hope they get pumped, maybe they'll realise that its a two way street.