Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

x

Jagerdeen

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I finally got round to watching the film. Quite frankly the way those people were treated was a disgrace, and I didn't quite appreciate the level of destruction to the dune system that was carried out. Whether you agree with the course or not the methods and language used to attack these people who had committed the crime of wanting to live in in their own houses was outrageous. Trump is really an ignorant egotistical boorish bully and anyone with an ounce of class and empathy could have handled this situation a whole lot better.  I'll be interested to see on ten years time how many folk are travelling the world to play this course and to see the impact on the local economy. Scotland has countless world class courses with far greater history which surely will be greater draws.

• 1 month later...

The opinion on Panorama has been fairly consistent though.

I think though, the point is that despite it not being finished it would have been reasonable to assume the bulk of the investment and jobs would be pretty evident by now, the chances of the 25 mill suddenly ballooning to the 1 billion quoted are remote, at best.

Those figures look ominously like Trump has shat on everyone involved.

The opinion on Panorama has been fairly consistent though.

I think though, the point is that despite it not being finished it would have been reasonable to assume the bulk of the investment and jobs would be pretty evident by now, the chances of the 25 mill suddenly ballooning to the 1 billion quoted are remote, at best.

Those figures look ominously like Trump has shat on everyone involved.

But again.. the project has only really just begun. Did everyone expect 2 golf courses, hooses and hotels to spring up overnight?

Watched the programme, another half hour and nobody came out of it at all well (including Salmond).

Surely Trump is going to have to build his hotel otherwise he's going to struggle to recoup what investment he has made?

Still think Martin Ford is a walloper, the course looks great.

I've not heard a bad word said about the course itself.

I have.

But what's the hold up with the remaining 975 million investment?

Good idea as planned, supposedly a cracking track (though you're no allowed to go hunting for baws in the long stuff), but the promised levels of investment and building plans seem very distant. There's quite a disparity between actual and planned investment.

I have.

But what's the hold up with the remaining 975 million investment?

Good idea as planned, supposedly a cracking track (though you're no allowed to go hunting for baws in the long stuff), but the promised levels of investment and building plans seem very distant. There's quite a disparity between actual and planned investment.

I'd imagine a fair percentage of the investment will be based on attracting professional golf events, probably years until its at that stage though.

And presumable further money coming into the local economy will be through championship events being held there?

That said building of mounds of earth, the planting of fir trees to block light and view, the intimidation and the running to the police...

• 6 months later...
A legal challenge to a planned offshore wind farm which could be seen from Donald Trump's golf resort in Aberdeenshire has been rejected.

US businessman Mr Trump claims the £230m European Offshore Wind Deployment Centre (EOWDC) would spoil the view from his golf course at Menie.

He wanted the decision by Scottish ministers to approve the project overturned.

The legal bid has been rejected by Lord Doherty. It will be appealed.

'Fierce opponent'

Lord Doherty said he was not persuaded that it could be fairly concluded there was a real possibility of any bias in the decision-making process, or that the decision not to hold an inquiry had been unreasonable or unlawful.

Mr Trump later said of the Court of Session ruling: "We will appeal this decision."

The Trump Organisation said: "Today's decision has not altered our unwavering commitment to protect our investment in Scotland.

DONALD Trump has withdrawn proposals for a second course at his North-east golf resort, council chiefs confirmed today.

The tycoon had put plans for a luxury hotel on hold while mounting a legal challenge against a windfarm in nearby Aberdeen Bay.

But after losing the case the billionaire developer has extended his veto to include an 18-hole course due to take shape this summer at the Menie Estate resort near Balmedie.

Plans for the second course were pulled after the Court of Session upheld the Scottish Government’s approval of an 11-turbine offshore windfarm test centre just a few miles away.

A detailed application for a site to the south of the existing course was submitted just a few days ago.

An Aberdeenshire Council spokesman said: “We have been asked by the Trump Organisation to withdraw its recent application for a second golf course at the Menie estate.

“The organisation is, of course, welcome to submit further planning applications regarding the development in the future.”

http://news.stv.tv/north/264287-donald-trump-faces-fresh-wind-farm-battle-near-new-irish-golf-club/

Tycoon Donald Trump is facing a fresh dispute over wind farms after it was revealed there are plans in place for nine turbines near his new Irish golf course.

The application was placed with the local council in County Clare for a total of nine 85 metre turbines just two miles south of Trump’s newly acquired resort in the town of Doonbeg.

:lolabove: :lolabove: