Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

x

Jagerdeen

http://www.trumpgolfscotland.com/Default.aspx?p=DynamicModule&pageid=335964&ssid=234105&vnf=1

2012 GREENS FEES

Non-Resident Fees

Weekday Rate: £150.00

Weekend Rate: £200.00

Resident Fees

Weekday Rate: £120.00

Weekend Rate: £160.00

Residents of Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire only. Resident discount applied at time of play with proof of residency.

Fuck me

For the golfers out there how does that compare with other courses around the NE and Scotland?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My prediction is that the clubhouse will be ugly, severely ugly.

It will be externally imposing and will look completely out of character with the locale.

Inside, it will be ostentatious and BIG with high ceilings and over-the-top drapes and decor.

Any feeling of comfort or ambience will not be experienced by anyone of sound mental health.

It will be an embarrassment of excess.

It will be externally imposing and will look completely out of character with the locale.

Inside, it will be ostentatious and BIG with high ceilings and over-the-top drapes and decor.

Any feeling of comfort or ambience will not be experienced by anyone of sound mental health.

Despite hopes to the contrary, I fully expect all of this to be the case.

The viability of the golf courses and clubhouse, if built on the scale that I can imagine it will be, is hard to see.

Unless Trump knows something we don't, the main course will be empty for more than six months of the year, let alone the second course. It is not possible to golf all year round in the North East.

Where Kingsbarns got it right and close November through March, they've got a considerably different climate to ours and a clubhouse which is understated and perfectly proportioned for the maximum amount of golfers who are likely to be there at any one time. For the Dunhill, they erect a marquee and cater for everyone brilliantly.

If Trump, as he inevitably will, builds a massive monolith of a clubhouse, how can it possibly pay for itself? It will be 90% empty for 99% of the time.

The plan was always to build houses and take the profit from that, I thought, but who in Scotland would want to live on the Menie Estate?

I have no idea where the Donald's customers are coming from, neither golf nor residential, or certainly, where enough of them might come from to prevent this being a white elephant.

The viability of the golf courses and clubhouse, if built on the scale that I can imagine it will be, is hard to see.

Unless Trump knows something we don't, the main course will be empty for more than six months of the year, let alone the second course. It is not possible to golf all year round in the North East.

Where Kingsbarns got it right and close November through March, they've got a considerably different climate to ours and a clubhouse which is understated and perfectly proportioned for the maximum amount of golfers who are likely to be there at any one time. For the Dunhill, they erect a marquee and cater for everyone brilliantly.

If Trump, as he inevitably will, builds a massive monolith of a clubhouse, how can it possibly pay for itself? It will be 90% empty for 99% of the time.

The plan was always to build houses and take the profit from that, I thought, but who in Scotland would want to live on the Menie Estate?

I have no idea where the Donald's customers are coming from, neither golf nor residential, or certainly, where enough of them might come from to prevent this being a white elephant.

Clubs all over the country are finding it tough financially, wouldn't seem to be the ideal time to create a top of the line priced golfie. Must be hoping for tourists and corporates.

I hope the clubhouse isn't what I expect it to be but I suppose Trump is fairly good at making money so it's fair to say he's done his homework first, however garish the set up ends up being. 

So something big enough for the Ryder Cup and The Open in otherwords then?

So something big enough for the Ryder Cup and The Open in otherwords then?

Ok, let's build it, furnish it and heat it for decades in the remote possibility that a major event MIGHT come instead of using the 4 or 5 years window of notice to extend or rebuild an original more appropriate clubhouse, not that size of clubhouse is at all relevant for hosting major events. One that feels empty doesn't taste very good. Castle Stuart and Kingsbarns got it right. Trump is getting it very, very wrong.

http://www.trumpgolfscotland.com/Default.aspx?p=DynamicModule&pageid=335964&ssid=234105&vnf=1

2012 GREENS FEES

Non-Resident Fees

Weekday Rate: £150.00

Weekend Rate: £200.00

Resident Fees

Weekday Rate: £120.00

Weekend Rate: £160.00

Residents of Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire only. Resident discount applied at time of play with proof of residency.

See when I come up to play it, can I pretend to be one of you local lads to get cheaper round  ;)

Bit more expensive than Royal Troon and you only get one round as opposed to the two rounds you get in Troon

GREEN FEES

Monday 16th April until Thursday 6th September

£175:

Day tariff. 1 round on the Old Course + 1 round on Portland Course

£115:

PGA Rate

Tee times:

Monday 16th April until Thursday 23rd August

Old Course 9.00 to 10.30 and 2.30 to 4.00

Portland Course 9.00 to 10.30 and 2.30 to 4.00

Monday 27th August until Thursday 6th September

Old Course and Portland Course 9.00 to 10.30 and 2.00 to 3.30

£130:

1 round on the Old Course (only during period below)

£ 90:

PGA Rate

Tee times:

Monday 17th September until Thursday 18th October

Old Course only 9.00 to 10.30

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-18776084

US tycoon Donald Trump has struck the first ball on his new multi-million pound golf course in Aberdeenshire.

He was piped to the first hole of the course, where he teed off with former Ryder Cup captain Colin Montgomerie.

Monty said it was an "honour" to play the first round on what he described it as a "marvel" of a course.

The development at Menie has been controversial, with environmental campaigners opposed to the construction of a course on protected sand dunes.

However, Mr Trump said he believed he had created the world's greatest course.

Tuesday's ceremony took place ahead of the course opening to the public on Sunday.

The Scottish Wildlife Trust, which opposed the course, has called on top golfers to boycott some of the holes.

Yeah you can just see that happening!

trump-golf-scotland-1.jpg

trump-golf-scotland-5.jpg

trump-golf-scotland-3.jpg

trump-golf-scotland-4.jpg

trump-golf-scotland-7.jpg

I believe Paul Lawrie and Martin Laird are also there for the opening.