🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

x

Jagerdeen

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I know it's been around ages but curious to know how many folk have seen You've Been Trumped.

Makes me shake with rage

Recorded it and will probably watch it this week.

I see Trump is threatening to sue but I wonder if anything will come of that?

Having just read Alex Thomson's most recent blog I can't help but draw parallels between a rich powerful tycoon trying to suppress free speech and supporters of a (once rich) powerful institution trying to suppress free speech and debate.

That fact that both have some success in this is an embarrassment for us all.

Watched You've Been Trumped last night.  Grumpian Police didn't come out of it very well, but apart from that I thought it was one-sided propaganda.  Martin Ford FFS  :hammer:

There were lots of moments where a resident near Menie would gaze over a fence and say things like "What is he doing there?"  "Is that a road he's putting in?" - maybe they should have read the plans for the development seeing as they lived so close by?!

We all know Trump is no saint but how anyone can be bought in by this nonsense is beyond me.

I have sympathy for those who were threatened with CPOs (although I'd have taken the money) but there are two sides to every story, and the premise for the documentary was to show only one side.

Agree with much of the above. I actually turned off as I got bored of the "oh look at how wonderful our lives are", particularly after the guy claiming he loved fishing and would be dragging his anchor over the course before going "we'll I haven't actually been fishing in a couple of years but I might do again someday".

The documentary seemed to be mostly against CPO's as a concept entirely, not how they were used in this case specifically so how that's Trumps fault I don't know.

Agree with much of the above. I actually turned off as I got bored of the "oh look at how wonderful our lives are", particularly after the guy claiming he loved fishing and would be dragging his anchor over the course before going "we'll I haven't actually been fishing in a couple of years but I might do again someday".

The documentary seemed to be mostly against CPO's as a concept entirely, not how they were used in this case specifically so how that's Trumps fault I don't know.

Because he's wealthy so everything that's bad is his fault. Fuck their one sided shite. I'm glad I didn't bother watching it. I'm glad we got the course built and I also don't see what the massive problem was with moving a wind farm slightly further away.

Because he's wealthy so everything that's bad is his fault. Fuck their one sided shite. I'm glad I didn't bother watching it. I'm glad we got the course built and I also don't see what the massive problem was with moving a wind farm slightly further away.

Not watched it yet but equally because he is rich everything he does isn't ok and he shouldn't be allowed to do what ever he wants.

Whether you agree or disagree with the development (and I agree in principal) the way the authorities and elected officials (local and national) have pandered to him, the mere suggestion of using CPO for a golf course and the alleged intimidation of those who opposed him (remind you of any individuals from govan?) is disgusting and doesn't bode well for an independent Scotland.

He came out with much bluster about taking the makers of the film to court, but much like similar statements from Craig Whyte, Charles Green et al I'd be amazed if he does because he knows he will lose.

• 1 month later...

I was speaking to a "white settler" from England who lives very close to the course.  He has quite a few misgivings about the development but has no time for the guys featured in the You've Been Trumped documentary, claims they are just puppets and are being used by the anti-Trump brigade.

eh?

the woman who needs a security pass to her own property now is a puppet of some shadowy anti-trump brigade?

trump is a total cunt and is doing his best to make scotland look like a laughing stock for daring not to like bully-boy tactics. other than  very small section (mostly in the northeast it seems) people in scotland can see past the wig and bullshit to the thoroughly despicable cunt trump is.

tying this shite in with lockerbie is fucking sick. i hope ofcom kick fuck out of him. not sure that's something they're allowed to do, but it would certainly be good.

how many of these thousands upon thousands of jobs has he actually created anyway (for people living in/around the area)?

Is this the same woman who seemed surprised to see a road being built near her house when she should have looked at the development plans?

Granted Trump is a cunt but both sides are embarassing IMHO.

Well I for one admire the balls of those fine Aberdonian folk. Good people.  :wave:

The concern I have with Trump (beyond the environmental fuckwittery), is mainly the precedent he's trying to set for political manipulation and removal of people's rights. If you've no rights on your own land then where do you have any?

And admittedly it's not like it's only Trump. The commonwealth games have made Glasgow City Council's SNP/Labour coalition even more like some tinpot cold war state when it comes to forcible evictions for the sake of building random playgrounds for the rich.

In all walks of life though, ordinary people are getting shat on from the elites in ever-increasing quantities, and every time these cunts manage to persuade people to buy into the lines they spin, the more it erodes our power to control the political system (or even survive it), which means Democracy becomes more and more of an empty and vicious lie.

examples?

The jaconellies. Or more accurately the entire community around Ardenlea St who were all served compulsory purchase orders. A granny spends 34 years in a house with two subsequent generations-worth of family memories, friends etc, and then is expected to piss off to make way for a vanity project. Absolutely outrageous.

The compensation originally offered was 30k, plus relocation (I don't know if it was to be rent/mortgage-free but she'd paid off her mortgage so if not that's even more scandalous), then after a shitstorm they upped the offer to 90k. Whether anyone thinks that's a sufficient price to be happy to see their own gran treated like that is a matter of opinion, but I personally find the whole thing disgusting. We elect these people, not the rich pricks who buy them off.

• 1 month later...
A petition has been launched calling for a public inquiry into Donald Trump's Aberdeenshire golf resort.

Local protestor David Milne has lodged the petition against the American tycoon's controversial development at Menie.

Mr Milne said: "Only a full public inquiry can now get to the bottom of this story."

The Trump Organisation recently submitted plans for an 18-hole course to the south of the existing course.

Mr Milne has expressed concerns about "planning guidelines and environmental regulations".

He said: "I would urge everyone who has supported us up to now to sign this petition and help us make sure that the Scottish Parliament's Petitions Committee acts on it."

The second course would be named The Mary MacLeod Course, after Mr Trump's Scottish-born mother.

He said: "The unprecedented demand to play our championship course has accelerated our plans."

Mr Trump officially unveiled his Trump International Golf Links in July.

He has repeatedly clashed with local residents, environmentalists, wind farm manufacturers and the Scottish First Minister since buying the land on the Menie Estate eight years ago.

Plans for a hotel and houses on the estate have been put on hold until a decision is made on a proposed wind farm off the coast of the links.