Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

10 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Beat me to it Panda, was just about to post.

My age obviously aided you to get in ahead of me

I like to think my speed, timing and accuracy embodies the new Jimmy Thelin era. 🇸🇪🐼

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

Welcome aboard Jimmy. Has the potential to be one of the best Jimmys to manage our club this century.

Well at least this one isn't a hun sycophant like the last one  was 

6 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

Well at least this one isn't a hun sycophant like the last one  was 

Bit harsh on JC that. Gave me some of my greatest memories following The Dons - including proper European football. Had a pretty good record Vs them at pittodrie (3-2 Jamie Smith anyone?) Not so much at Ibrox mind you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STFU_Donny said:

Bit harsh on JC that. Gave me some of my greatest memories following The Dons - including proper European football. Had a pretty good record Vs them at pittodrie (3-2 Jamie Smith anyone?) Not so much at Ibrox mind you. 

I don't think so, his post match after lafferty feigned a head butt from Mulgrew and got him sent off was nauseating. 

"big Charlie has come and says he's not touched him, and big Charlie... He's an honest player.   Big Kyle though, he's an honest player too!" 

And that was the moment I went full Calderplank out 

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Jim.After the last 3 seasons,my expectations are as low as viewing mid table mediocrity as success. A cup quarter final every so often.....Dont want to be greedy though

All the best min..👍🇸🇪

Edited by Elgindon
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Elgindon said:

Welcome aboard Jim.After the last 3 seasons,my expectations are as low as viewing mid table mediocrity as success. A cup quarter final every so often.....Dont want to be greedy though

All the best min..👍🇸🇪

That would be a big step backwards on this season. 

Found the interview a wee bit cringe 2bh but it was always likely to be given the circumstances  and it had to be done for appearances sake.  At least they kept it fairly short.  

Welcome to Aberdeen Football Club Jimmy, here's hoping you can put the fun into the dysfunctional. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, DonsTalk Admin said:

If the man on the right can be as big a legend at Pittodrie as the man on the left we'll be alright.

Mal Panton gets nowhere near the credit he deserves for the work he does there.

But anyway, I can't fucking wait for the Jimmy Thelin era. Just got a feeling this guy is gonna do the business.

Edited by Panda

8 hours ago, Panda said:

If the man on the right can be as big a legend at Pittodrie as the man on the left we'll be alright.

Mal Panton gets nowhere near the credit he deserves for the work he does there.

But anyway, I can't fucking wait for the Jimmy Thelin era. Just got a feeling this guy is gonna do the business.

Mal Panton? 

Saw the P&J quoting him as saying he's hoping to bring back success against Ramgers and Celtic. Being honest, I'd make do with wins against Dundee  Livi and Ross County. Oh to be favourites against anyone again. 

But more than anything, I hope the troglodytes amongst our fanbase give Jimmy the time to settle in and make his mark on the team. A lot of this team are contracted for several seasons, but they're not a bad squad ... they're just ultra low on confidence. 

Welcome aboard, Jimmy Jimmy (reprise)

8 minutes ago, Reekie_Red said:

but they're not a bad squad ... they're just ultra low on confidence. 

I’m sick of hearing our fans claim we have a lot of good players, it’s total nonsense. 8 wins out of 33 games in the league tells its own story.

If Ross County make up three points on us in the next four games we would be fighting for our lives at Dingwall in the last game of the season. We are still well and truly in a relegation battle regardless of what anyone says.

If third is a realistic target next season (assuming we are still in the top flight) then we only have about four or five in that squad who are at that level, the rest need to be binned.

McKenzie, Devlin, Miovski, McGrath and maybe Lopes. The rest should be shown the door.

Good luck to this new dude but our fans need to get a grip on the expectation level. We ain’t got some divine right to be at the top end of the league just because we were a good side 40 years ago.

1 hour ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

I’m sick of hearing our fans claim we have a lot of good players, it’s total nonsense. 8 wins out of 33 games in the league tells its own story.

If Ross County make up three points on us in the next four games we would be fighting for our lives at Dingwall in the last game of the season. We are still well and truly in a relegation battle regardless of what anyone says.

If third is a realistic target next season (assuming we are still in the top flight) then we only have about four or five in that squad who are at that level, the rest need to be binned.

McKenzie, Devlin, Miovski, McGrath and maybe Lopes. The rest should be shown the door.

Good luck to this new dude but our fans need to get a grip on the expectation level. We ain’t got some divine right to be at the top end of the league just because we were a good side 40 years ago.

We did finish third the previous season though. In reality, there's only a few players between us and third place in any season. Just as there is us and 11th (more often than not, there's one team that stinks every season). 

Obviously, I'd add both Shinnie and Clarkson to your list (and Rubezic might come good), but I agree that we're otherwise missing a lot from our squad. We basically don't have a squad. That comes from our constant rebuilding every season, and another missed window in January will be a huge issue for Thelin. None of the bench offer real competition for places, or anything different at all, and could be replaced with lampposts with little noticeability. Leven is basically playing our best available team in their preferred positions, with only Rubezic missing, and every team in the bottom six has been able to counteract that with ease (not necessarily beating us), and we've had zero off the bench. Phillips has been missing laterally of course, but for me he's the guy you want against better opponents where he can mix things up. I don't see any of the other squad players vastly improving under Thelin either, they're simply not good enough (maybe Duncan and Milne could advance with game time in a confident team, perhaps Sokler). I'd like to see a big clear out beyond the players you mention though, but that's going to mean at least two windows until we can start to see improvement. 

• Like 1

We have a piss poor squad if you ask me, plus too many nice guys and not enough guys with a nasty bastard side to them who will get stuck in and scrap. Add that bojan, Barron, and possibly duk will move on this summer, ton of rebuilding yet again.

honestly dont care if the following never play for us again, most are average at best - Roos, Doohan, gartenmann, Jensen, Morris, mcgarry, Phillips, Morris, Hayes, sokler, Duncan, Milne, gueye, vinnie, Macdonald, polvara…

I get that some will be with us next season, but who do we ultimately have that we really dont want to lose??

we’re probably stuck with Morris, gueye, and mcgarry but certainly take any money on offer for them, add devlin, Macdonald, ruby, Jensen, Mackenzie, shinnie, clarkson, doohan as back up, sokler, McGrath, polvara, Duncan, were around a starting point of around 15.
Can see close to 10 coming in this summer, possibly devlin, Mackenzie, shinnie, and clarkson, maybe ruby, are the only legit starters we have? Not sure if sokler can be our 9. McGrath is good but not a right mid and shinnie McGrath and clarkson aren’t my ideal center mid group, prefer another physical athlete in there with shinnie and clarkson or McGrath.

hope jimmy brings in some Scandinavian talent, we need it!

8 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

We have a piss poor squad if you ask me, plus too many nice guys and not enough guys with a nasty bastard side to them who will get stuck in and scrap. Add that bojan, Barron, and possibly duk will move on this summer, ton of rebuilding yet again.

honestly dont care if the following never play for us again, most are average at best - Roos, Doohan, gartenmann, Jensen, Morris, mcgarry, Phillips, Morris, Hayes, sokler, Duncan, Milne, gueye, vinnie, Macdonald, polvara…

I get that some will be with us next season, but who do we ultimately have that we really dont want to lose??

we’re probably stuck with Morris, gueye, and mcgarry but certainly take any money on offer for them, add devlin, Macdonald, ruby, Jensen, Mackenzie, shinnie, clarkson, doohan as back up, sokler, McGrath, polvara, Duncan, were around a starting point of around 15.
Can see close to 10 coming in this summer, possibly devlin, Mackenzie, shinnie, and clarkson, maybe ruby, are the only legit starters we have? Not sure if sokler can be our 9. McGrath is good but not a right mid and shinnie McGrath and clarkson aren’t my ideal center mid group, prefer another physical athlete in there with shinnie and clarkson or McGrath.

hope jimmy brings in some Scandinavian talent, we need it!

What I'm reading from this is that you're very happy with Jayden Richardson, and would maybe even like us to build our team around him.