Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons - st Johnstone - boxing day

Really need to start picking up 3 points against teams like the saints. Sounds like creativity was a worry against ‘Well and I’m hoping that if Kennedy gets the nod, he has extra impetus to perform against his old club. Our home form is better than their home form, but with mcrorie out for this one, we’re a bit lighter in mid. Campbell should slot  in, but who knows. 

Out

bed

bed

bed

1-1, hedges

The regression back to the eye bleedingly bad style of football we played for most of the last 18 months has been alarming. Even with Wright back fit I am not convinced Cosgrove, Main or Edmundson are capable of playing in the system we had in September and October. As Manc says above hoping it is Campbell in for the suspended McCrorie and not Ojo. Would be tempted to play McGinn instead of McLennan in the middle but given he didn’t get on last night assuming he is not fit as game was crying out for him. 

Oot

Getting over hangover 

TV

Working on getting another hangover

2-1 Hedges and Ferguson for Dons.

Not seen much of us of late but catching this game. As mentioned, main and cosgrove doesn’t work. Brutal watch so far. Credit to us though, it’s not been long ball really, tried to find our forwards feet but neither can control a ball. 
We looked good earlier in the season with a skill #10, Scott Wright, below Watkins. We can’t put hedges or McGinn below main or cosgrove? Or is mcginn done? Camped on the bench each week it appears.

5 minutes ago, redordead said:

Brutal so far. Nothing up top. Still really struggling to see what Kennedy offers. McLennan is clearly stronger in that position. Why not give him a run there?

Anybody know when Wright is due back to let us take Main out of the team?

Agree with this, think Kennedy has been poor since signing and McLennan would have been a better use of resources.

Think McGinn is still a little unfit, but he should be able to play alongside Cosgrove. Once again Cosgrove is given game time with a poorer lineup than Watkins and Main were given. He's been playing poorly and needs all the help he can get, why you'd play Main alongside him god only knows (I suspect god probably doesn't know and is saying so on the BBC). It's one or the other. The answer is to get that number ten replacement, so give McLennan a bit more time to attempt it and accept he'll take a few games to get used to it (assuming McGinn isn't fit). 

Anyway, a really nice turn and hit from Cosgrove near the end and a good pen. The ref has done his absolute best to ruin the game and the penalty was a terrible decision clearly made because he thought there might have been a pen a few seconds earlier (which definitely wasn't either). They've been the better team, but didn't really deserve their goal either. I think the conditions are having a wee bit of an effect, requiring players to take an extra touch and making it difficult for strikers in both sides to take it down.

15 minutes ago, ayrshire_don74 said:

utter dross , kennedy hayes on wrong side of pitch doesnt help , kennedy is hopeless , another waste of cash

They actually improved on the wrong side of the pitch. Kennedy reminds me of Hayes in his first season. Needs to work on hitting the byline and hammering the ball in. McLennan was performing well on the right prior to the covid quarantine, feel a bit sorry for him as he didn't deserve to be dropped.

Anyway, another three points leaves us on a fairly impressive total so far all things considered. With Wright back in a week or two, hopefully we'll see the end of the front two of Main and Cosgrove, or Cosgrove and Edmondson for a while. 

Thought Taylor was very good again today. If the last three games were his first for the club you'd have thought you'd signed a great player. He looked comfortable on the ball, great in the air and with good positioning. We await the implosion.

42 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

They actually improved on the wrong side of the pitch. Kennedy reminds me of Hayes in his first season. Needs to work on hitting the byline and hammering the ball in. McLennan was performing well on the right prior to the covid quarantine, feel a bit sorry for him as he didn't deserve to be dropped.

Anyway, another three points leaves us on a fairly impressive total so far all things considered. With Wright back in a week or two, hopefully we'll see the end of the front two of Main and Cosgrove, or Cosgrove and Edmondson for a while. 

Thought Taylor was very good again today. If the last three games were his first for the club you'd have thought you'd signed a great player. He looked comfortable on the ball, great in the air and with good positioning. We await the implosion.

Ashton has in my opinion been our best player in  our last three games.

He is a no nonsense defender and should just learn to keep it simple 

4 hours ago, redordead said:

Brutal so far. Nothing up top. Still really struggling to see what Kennedy offers. McLennan is clearly stronger in that position. Why not give him a run there?

Anybody know when Wright is due back to let us take Main out of the team?

He was supposed to be out for 4 to 6 weeks.Must be about due back(if he hasnt had a setback).

If we were to drop one of Main or Cosgrove,who would we take in,in place? McGinn? MacLennan at no 10,or swap with Kennedy?

Edited by Elgindon

2 hours ago, Elgindon said:

He was supposed to be out for 4 to 6 weeks.Must be about due back(if he hasnt had a setback).

If we were to drop one of Main or Cosgrove,who would we take in,in place? McGinn? MacLennan at no 10,or swap with Kennedy?

I'd give McLennan another opportunity there, he was okay against killie. Don't think McGinn is fit enough at the moment to do the required workrate, but I'd happily see him play 30 minutes there. Kennedy was gash there the only time he played in that role and was quickly moved wide, I forget who against, and he's okay defensively at wing back so best to stay there. Cosgrove needs to be given a run of games with our best formation and setup, when we're keeping the ball on the ground. That doesn't involve Main or Edmondson. They should just be subs for him, rather than alongside him.

Didn’t watch much of the second half, was not fun to watch although sounds like the second half was a little better. A win is a win but the performance certainly reminded me of last season, and I lose interest in watching that.

This season we were fun to watch and successful when we had skill, speed, movement, and creativity in the final third with a combination of Wright Watkins hedges and Hayes all causing trouble. We’ve gone away from that. While I accept that injuries COVID and suspension have made things difficult, McInnes seems at a loss for what formation to play now. I don’t think there’s a single person except him who believes a Main Cosgrove partnership will work. He needs to pick one and give them an extended run. Same can be said about McLennan I think, just give him a good few games and see what happens.

I also don’t understand the McGinn situation, is he fit? If so play him as we miss that creativity with Wright missing. Kennedy and Hayes looked too deep today and I think a front two stops them pushing on as much. I’ve never been sold on Kennedy, hadn’t really heard much of him when we signed him, still not impressed. 

Interesting window ahead. can we get rid of some shit and bring in some fresh faces? Tough with covid and most people broke. Curious to know how bad Motherwell are financially and wonder if Gallagher and Campbell are options, maybe sending main back in the process. Saw the chatter about GMS, gossip rather than any real links I’d assume. I’d say he’s just as inconsistent as Kennedy hedges Wright McLennan etc.....but I’d take him over Kennedy and if McGinn is done I’d say why not? 

Would not be surprised to see offers for Ferguson this window, plus would delighted to punt Cosgrove if it brings in money to finance one or two additions. would happily spend Cosgrove money on Watkins if that is an option. Surely everyone is hurting financially and while watkins is back in Bristol money talks.

Edited by LA-Don