Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

January 2021 Transfer Window.

He looks a half decent player but there's never been a Venezuelan success story in Scottish football, and likely never will be. Same as there's no young Scots blazing a trail in South America.

We should concentrate on recruiting mainly Scottish players with a potential resale value.

8 hours ago, tup1 said:

Aye, Dave Cormack.

He's enthusiastic, and has a set of teeth that could eat neeps through a venetian blind, but he doesn't really have a clue about football. Nor do any of these other Atlanta dudes. 

It's actually a sad day for our once proud game when we are taking advice on it from Americans. Let's not forget they are and always have been terrible at football. 

Where are you getting this opinion from? You know Cormack and have spent time with him? As someone who lives in the states, there are a ton of people very well qualified in footballing terms here, and I'll use Bobby Clark and Stephen Glass as two with ties to our club who have spent plenty of time in the US. It's this narrow mindedness that holds Scottish football back. I'm assuming your post is tongue in cheek? 

1 hour ago, LA-Don said:

Where are you getting this opinion from? You know Cormack and have spent time with him? As someone who lives in the states, there are a ton of people very well qualified in footballing terms here, and I'll use Bobby Clark and Stephen Glass as two with ties to our club who have spent plenty of time in the US. It's this narrow mindedness that holds Scottish football back. I'm assuming your post is tongue in cheek? 

I don't think narrow mindedness holds our game back at all, it's lack of fairness, lack of discussion and openness and agreement on what we want from our game as supporters, predominantly. The notion of being held back suggests that there's some sort of target or point to our game, which I don't believe there is. It frustrates me when people parrot terms like these, as it's clearly through lack of thought and it leads to situations like moving to Westhill. I think that's where Cormack has a poor understanding, but I think that probably stems from being a businessman rather than a football fan, as opposed to nationality. That said, the American dream and it's overbearing free market principles aren't something I feel Scottish football would benefit greatly from, but then our side of the pond certainly doesn't stand up to scrutiny in that regard either. I have little knowledge of the US game, but the notion that Americans can't bring technical expertise is ridiculous, I'd agree. More importantly, the people who run the game, manage the teams or provide punditry in this country have shown little ability when it comes to improving our game for the majority here, we exist purely to provide a training ground for the scum whilst looking dolefully down South at money. In that regard, the US involvement is as useful as any other.

10 hours ago, LA-Don said:

Directors never know much about football. Capitalism is his game, which makes me mistrust him slightly.

He’s enthusiastic I’ll give him that. 

Didn't realise Leigh was out too, we really will be struggling. I agree with McInnes about Taylor, I thought he had an excellent game at the weekend. I think we'll see Logan move in alongside to complete the three, he's still fast enough to cover that area with Ash coming across to win the headers.

13 minutes ago, Elgindon said:

Would have tried Mcrorie to R/B,but think we need his presence in midfield after they overran us a few weeks back. 4-4-2? Logan R/B,Hayes l/B. Hedges left mid,Kennedy or MacLennan right 

Campbell has done a lot better since getting an actual midfield partner alongside him and might be trusted. McRorie is suspended for the following game, so we'll have to put Campbell there at some point. I thought McRorie's positioning was a little suspect at times at centre half at the weeked, I don't think moving him back and forth works well either. Maybe the 4-4-2 would do the job, I just don't think it suits us in attack and will give McInnes the idea of playing Main and Cosgrove which I think would be brutal. We should just pioneer a 2-5-3 system.

2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Didn't realise Leigh was out too, we really will be struggling. I agree with McInnes about Taylor, I thought he had an excellent game at the weekend. I think we'll see Logan move in alongside to complete the three, he's still fast enough to cover that area with Ash coming across to win the headers.

Not reading to much in to Taylor looking good against a team that have only score 3 in their last 6 all against Ross County. 

Is McCrorie not got a suspension coming up soon as well?

ETA - Just seen Rico says that. 

3 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Campbell has done a lot better since getting an actual midfield partner alongside him and might be trusted. McRorie is suspended for the following game, so we'll have to put Campbell there at some point. I thought McRorie's positioning was a little suspect at times at centre half at the weeked, I don't think moving him back and forth works well either. Maybe the 4-4-2 would do the job, I just don't think it suits us in attack and will give McInnes the idea of playing Main and Cosgrove which I think would be brutal. We should just pioneer a 2-5-3 system.

Aye,much prefer if we persist with the 3.Nae a strapping young loon coming thru the ranks worth throwing in?  Hearing Hoban is now out for 1 or 2 months with the hamstring  ?

3 hours ago, manc_don said:

Well, we all knew its a risk with Hoban, but he's so far been worth it.  Why the fuck are we getting so many injuries, are other teams suffering as much?  

Cormack park. Training too hard. You do wonder if they're conditioned and monitored when they're staying behind to do extra free kicks, gym work etc. Cosgrove's poor form hit right around the time we moved there and he went from having really improved his workrate to breathing out his airse after 70 minutes. It'd be interesting to know what the process was moving to Westhill. Westhill is fucking freezing too, and nae a nice cold like by the sea, but that dead cold.

12 minutes ago, tup1 said:

Could just be the dreadful carpet that passes for a pitch at Kilmarnock.

I thought the likes of Hoban with previous serious injuries was not meant to play on these surfaces.

We train on similar surfaces at Westhill. 

49 minutes ago, tup1 said:

Could just be the dreadful carpet that passes for a pitch at Kilmarnock.

I thought the likes of Hoban with previous serious injuries was not meant to play on these surfaces.

I think killie's pitch is decent. I'm pretty certain there's been no link found between artificial surfaces and injury (discounting wearing blades of course, McGhee). There should be no reason for a player to have to avoid them. The biggest issue with these pitches is that you can get really bad ones like Livingston, and you can alter the bounce significantly by not watering etc. Overall, killie's has performed really well over the years, when likes of Hamilton's was atrocious (much improved in recent years). Our climate seems to have changed just enough that we haven't had complete states of grass pitches in the last few years, but for a good few years pittodrie, and many others including Hampden were like playing on a tattie field and it was largely ignored. 

9 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

I think killie's pitch is decent. I'm pretty certain there's been no link found between artificial surfaces and injury (discounting wearing blades of course, McGhee). There should be no reason for a player to have to avoid them. The biggest issue with these pitches is that you can get really bad ones like Livingston, and you can alter the bounce significantly by not watering etc. Overall, killie's has performed really well over the years, when likes of Hamilton's was atrocious (much improved in recent years). Our climate seems to have changed just enough that we haven't had complete states of grass pitches in the last few years, but for a good few years pittodrie, and many others including Hampden were like playing on a tattie field and it was largely ignored. 

There were a few studies initially that said no more injuries than grass but there have been a some in the US now suggesting that long term use of the plastic pitches does lead to more knee and hip issues in young players. John Spencer said that when he was manager of Portland he noticed that the recovery time of players was significantly longer when they were training on the synthetic pitches. 

7 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Killie's pitch looks terrible if you attend a game there and see it close up. 

However, we seem to play well on it, which supports the view that we train too often on artificial surfaces.

Summer football is the way ahead for Scotland. These plastic surfaces should be banned in the top league.

1 hour ago, tup1 said:

Killie's pitch looks terrible if you attend a game there and see it close up. 

However, we seem to play well on it, which supports the view that we train too often on artificial surfaces.

Summer football is the way ahead for Scotland. These plastic surfaces should be banned in the top league.

Disagree that it looks terrible, are you comparing it visually? Not sure it's really relevant? 

I don't actually think that summer football is the answer. The climate is changing so rapidly that summer is shite anyway with winter not being anywhere near as cold as it should be. 

1 hour ago, manc_don said:

Disagree that it looks terrible, are you comparing it visually? Not sure it's really relevant? 

I don't actually think that summer football is the answer. The climate is changing so rapidly that summer is shite anyway with winter not being anywhere near as cold as it should be. 

Well if you were an alien, and landed on planet earth, and were told we play when the grass doesn’t grow, and have a break when it does, you would think it absurd. The wrong way round.

The obsession with winter football in Scotland is complete madness. It’s designed to accommodate summer holidays for already pampered footballers.

I don’t think climate change makes any difference. The grass does not grow in winter. The answer is obvious.