Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

League Cup - Helen Mirren vs Depleted Dons

Another game we should be seeing off, but have a feeling it'll be struggle like the Hamilton game.  They don't lose by much (in the league) so it'll be a tight one at the best of times.

This should be the last game that our Covid Dons will miss, not sure whether any of the others are due back?  I imagine the club will reveal a bit more in the preview later today.  Hope DM has sterner words than he did prior to Hamilton, because whatever he said, it didn't work.

Out
Bed
I might actually be up for this one
Dealing with life
1-1, Consi

Said before the Hamilton game that any kind of win regardless of how we managed to shitfest our way to it was all that mattered. This game is no different.

We failed with the first instalment of it. We simply can't fail again.

If the past couple of games have shown one thing only it is that whilst we might have strength in our squad this season to be be able to cope with a couple of first picks missing, strip out five or six of them all at once, then the quality simply isn't there.

Whilst we've probably been unlucky to be hit with the number of injuries all at once coupled with the SFA induced Covid-19 fuck up, if we can get through on Saturday then hopefully things will start to clear up without too much damage having been done.

Right now, offer me a injury time winner after a torrid ninety minutes or a penalty shoot out victory and I'd snatch your hand off.

COYR

4 hours ago, BigAl said:

If the past couple of games have shown one thing only it is that whilst we might have strength in our squad this season to be be able to cope with a couple of first picks missing, strip out five or six of them all at once, then the quality simply isn't there.

Whilst we've probably been unlucky to be hit with the number of injuries all at once coupled with the SFA induced Covid-19 fuck up, if we can get through on Saturday then hopefully things will start to clear up without too much damage having been done.

I think the positions themselves have been the main issue, rather than just the number. It's fairly unusual to have your four best midfielders missing like we did against the Hun. Plus Wright who could have played there too. In fact Hayes would have also been in midfield ahead of Leigh against the Hun. There's a fine line to be drawn between squad unity and cover, and I'd rather we didn't go down the road of having a massive squad for these infrequent times. Throughout McInnes' tenure, we've had at least 3 players too many in our squads. That's usually been because of poor recruitment, and we end up saddled with players on long term bench warming contracts. I'd far rather see us struggle when we have this many out for a couple of games, than load our squad with Main, Hernandez types.

I've got zero expectations for this one. Good luck to them. There was no shortage of work against Hamilton, we'll just have to hope someone flukes ability for the day.

Even with injuries we should be beating St Mirren. However not convinced that we will. Hopefully Hayes will be fit enough to start and would also get McGinn on from start if fit. Can see me watching this from behind the couch. 

Oot

Christmas Shopping

TV

Flat 

1-0 Cosgrove (pen)

6 minutes ago, Madbadteacher said:

Because McInnes can’t change the style to suit the players we have had to pick today

What style would you recommend for these guys like? None of those players should be struggling in this formation. Unless we move to a 6-0-4 I think the problem will persist. 

It's been by far the worst performance of the season. How we're in level I don't know. Even the goal was shit. 

I'd consider just taking Ojo off. No replacement.