Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Ebbe Skovdahl has died

Personally what comes to mind for me was his celebration after Andy Dow's winnder in the 2000 Scottish cup final

Managed to meet him after the 5-1 home win over Kilmarnock the week before the final and got him to sign a red-final cartoon of him as an escape artist with stewart Milne as his 'glamourous assistant too

The first league goal of his management

Edited by tom_widdows

Just saw this ?.   Defo had his ups and downs as manager but he was a hell of a character.  Smoking on the bench, red arrows, the interviews and quotes... His time with the club was certainly very memorable if not always for the right reasons ???.  Loved his passion for the game though and I agree with Tom, his celebration for dows winner against hibs in the semi final is amazing.   He also brought a few of my very favourite ever dons to the club.  Zerouali and Stavrum in particular and bisconti was a superb player too.  

My best friend had a kid today, I'll be raising a glass to her safe arrival this eve but I'll be raising one for Mr Skovdahl too. 

RIP Ebbe, thanks for the memories.

Sad to hear this news. Aye we were shyte for most of his time, but the club wasn't very run well either and the start of the financial cuts, but there were still some great times to be had during his reign and he was always good for a quote.

I used to work in the Garthdee Sainsburys when he was our manager and I would often see him in with his Wife and he was always a gentleman.

RIP Ebbe

Ah fuck just seeing this.

I have to confess to being a big fan of Ebbe

A real character in a game where there are far too few of them nowadays

Two cup finals in a season where we finished bottom of the league, conceded seven at Parkhead and six at home to the Victims, and lets not forget that eleven goal thriller that night at Fir Park

By fuck it was a real rollercoaster of a time

Thanks for the memories Ebbe.

And to those that wished him out of the Pittodrie hot seat, it was a classic case of be careful what you wish for given what came after him.

Once a Don, Always a Don

Rest In Peace Ebbe.

An enigmatic man who had a very enigmatic team and some really enigmatic performances! Fondly remembered on the whole I'd say, RIP Ebbe.

When you look at the lineups in the original post, if that Dons team can beat that Celtic team then there's no reason we can't beat them twice in a week now. Ebbe would lose Sunday's game 42-0 and beat them 7-6 next week, before getting scudded off one of the Edinburgh teams in the final.

Edited by wee toon red
  • Like 1

Very sad news - was a huge fan of Uncle Ebbe. Remember wearing my Danmark hat fondly to a game when it was 'Danish Day'! I don't remember exactly why he left but I think he got us to Europe in his final season and a couple of cup finals one year, even if we did finish bottom one year.

The thing about Ebbe's reign was that although we were mostly shite we had so much talent (Kjaer, BobbyBiscuit, Jess, Belabed, Zero, Stavrum, Guntveit, Delameaux, Dadi etc) and on any given day we could beat any opposition.

Just watched highlights of 6-5 win at Motherwell.  German Maestro Andreas Mayer had FOUR ASSISTS in the game.  Won tackle which set Andy Dow up for 1-0.  Hit post as Robbie Winters made it 3-1.  Slid pass in where Robbie's hat-trick and 5-2 concerned before then pinging the slow motion goal of Paul Bernard!!!!!!