Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Europa League SECOND round

Some funny shite on this thread today...........Virtanen in, Ojo at centre back  :rofl:

Surely one of the wide men will be asked to play left back to minimise the amount of disruption to the team if Leigh cannot play.

I'd expect:

Lewis

Logan

McKenna

Considine

Gallagher

Hedges

Ojo

Ferguson

McGinn

Wilson

Big Sam

2-0 (Hedges, Cosgrove)

COYR  :AFC2:

I have to confess, I completely forgot about Leigh  ::)

He's been training for the last 3/4 days I read there, so hopefully he'll make it. If he doesn't though, Considine will be at LB and Ojo will play beside McKenna, put a mortgage* on it.

Please Note - I don't actually have a Mortgage, I am poor and currently out my nut on Glue.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good performances all around, did big Sam miss a chance? All well taken goals, super ball from Ferguson. Ojo and Hedges are very good signings, hope Bryson comes good too. 5 goals and a shut out, haven’t done that in a while, and credit to them, they didn’t give up.

Given DM said he’d possibly look to add another defender if we got through, anyone got any info here?? Also noticed Joe Shug signed for Southend.

That was an enjoyable evening's fitba like. Great performance and some great play and superb goals. Best all round performance of his career from Cosgrove, he did everything right tonight and worked his arse off. If he can play half as well as that consistently this season he'll score 30 goals. Good all over the pitch and a great confidence boost for the Hearts game. Difficult to tell how good a performance it was obviously, as it's not obvious who you would compare thon lot to in Scotland, so Sunday will be interesting. I'm hoping we go with a similar line up, but I have a feeling we might see Bryson, which would be a shame. Wright did well when he came up, with a really confident finish (could you imagine May in that position?); he doesn't seem to let his previous poor performances in the first 11 get to him at all but he needs regular game time and chances to fall for him. Roll on Sunday and then Rijeka.

Great performance.

Ojo is going to be a key player this season, he, whether some will like this or not, but it's true, is a direct, like for like Ryan Jack ( Boak ) replacement. He allows us to be more open with our 2 other Midfielders, they know he's there covering them now, I genuinely don't remember him misplacing a single pass.

Leigh, whilst I don't think will emulate Lowe's effectiveness, will still be a useful addition, he's pretty athletic and aggressive, and he made one or two clever passes tonight, looked comfortable defensively as well.

Hedges is a good player, he'll be one to watch this season, awfully one footed ( Greg Stewart anyone?  :eek: ) but no, seriously, he's clearly going to be more effective than Stewart was, quicker, more skilful and a sweet, sweet left foot.

Gallagher, still rough around the edges, but he played well tonight, plenty of energy, very quick and direct and was up there in the top 3 performances tonight. He'll also be useful in a lot of games this season.

Special mentions to Cosgrove and Ferguson though. Ferguson will benefit the most with Ojo's arrival, he's clearly a better forward playing midfielder than he is a deep lying one, and maybe that's why he burnt out last season, I know I'm still in a very small minority when I say that I didn't see what everyone else seemed too, but what I have seen so far this season, he's been very, very good. And Cosgrove, always had his back, always saw that he contributed one way or another, his overall play tonight was tremendous, he was taking long balls to chest & feet with ease, and took his goals really well. MOTM ahead of Ferguson & Gallagher in my opinion, but only just.

If we maintain that level of performance throughout the season, we won't drop many points at all at home, and it's clear we have 2 different variations this season, we're going to be an out and out counter attacking team away from home, whilst trying to dominate teams at home, possession wise, we played some very attractive Football tonight, long may it continue.