Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Good guys vs bad guys - wed 745pm

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonders will never cease with this righteous decision of thug McGregor being banned.

It is therefore an admission that it should have been a penalty and straight red card.

In other words Madden got it wrong..........again!

I take great pleasure in seeing the Huns going into meltdown over this.

They simply can't accept that a decision can be made against them the self entitled bastards.

Wonders will never cease with this righteous decision of thug McGregor being banned.

It is therefore an admission that it should have been a penalty and straight red card.

In other words Madden got it wrong..........again!

I take great pleasure in seeing the Huns going into meltdown over this.

They simply can't accept that a decision can be made against them the self entitled bastards.

I actually thought Madden had a decent game that day (it was a difficult one), handled it pretty well and most of the time kept up with play. From where I was sitting at the other end, he didn't look like he was in a good position to call the McGregor one (from memory, I think the linesman definitely was in a good position and refused to get involved). I think it's fair to say that you'd have to be very certain to go against a goalkeeper in that situation regardless of whether they're a hun or not. It's definitely the sort of decision VAR (which I dislike) would help with. Any objective viewer watching a replay of it - or who had a good view in real time - would have given a red card and penalty, so it's good that he's been given a ban.

Pictures clearly show the referee in line with a great view. I can't accept the referee bottling that decision on that basis.

In real time, he was about 25-30 yards behind the play (it was a quick break, so not a criticism). A good view would have been a side on view like the linesman had, where you can see the extent to which he's straightened his leg. It's not bottling a decision, it's just that you have to be very certain when sending off a 'keeper and giving a pen. If you're not certain, you don't give it. It's a very difficult decision in real time is what I'm saying.

We obviously disagree on that point then.

In my view a straight on position is what the referee had and should have been able to make the call.

If he can't make that call from there, he is not very good at his job.

If hundreds of fans in the south terrace with a worse view than the ref are shouting for it, then he has an easier decision to make.

Different referees interpret different decisions. Maybe a symptom of the magnified pressure that refs are under

Id've said he was about 15 yards away with a clear view of McGregors intent  but obstructed view of his studs crashing into Ferguson's shin.

He had a snap decision to make and It's my belief he bottled it. He had already awarded us a penalty and was not of a mind to award a second one.....especially as he would have had no choice in red carding McGregor in doing so. Had this been our first penalty incident I think he would have done his duty.

I think  VAR should be implemented. However I think I'm correct in saying it will be refs who become the reviewers ( possibly replacing the 4th official). I have no confidence that refs with sevconian or Timothy leanings won't still find some way of denying decisions in the face of what would seem like incontrovertible video evidence.

Madden had as good a view as anyone could reasonably expect.  But even if he didn't , the main stand linesman had an excellent position , as he was pretty much bang in line with the edge of the box , and should have been letting the ref know what he saw.    Each of them individually should have been able to make the right call.  But collectively between the two of them there's no reasonable excuse for them failng to do so.

I don't like labelling refs/officials as cheats , but it's hard to come to any other conclusion here

Id've said he was about 15 yards away with a clear view of McGregors intent  but obstructed view of his studs crashing into Ferguson's shin.

He had a snap decision to make and It's my belief he bottled it. He had already awarded us a penalty and was not of a mind to award a second one.....especially as he would have had no choice in red carding McGregor in doing so. Had this been our first penalty incident I think he would have done his duty.

I think  VAR should be implemented. However I think I'm correct in saying it will be refs who become the reviewers ( possibly replacing the 4th official). I have no confidence that refs with sevconian or Timothy leanings won't still find some way of denying decisions in the face of what would seem like incontrovertible video evidence.

Given the amount of shit reffing this year in particular, I don't see how anyone can argue against VAR. In this day and age we have technology that can help in quick time, it's a no brainer.