Jump to content

Next Match: St Johnstone v Aberdeen

Stand Free!

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nonsense. 4-6-0 will bring home a glorious draw.

Not sure if it was a listener or Stuart Cosgrove on off the Ball today but there was a comment along the lines of 'Players shouldn't be picked purely based on the club shirt they wear'. Heard a f

Rico, I'm going to let it drop. I have business connections close to this and feel it inappropriate to say any more. I'll never be a fan.

Posted Images

Wonder if we'll see Fraser Hornby introduced to the full squad over the next few months and an outside chance of going to the Euros. Seems to be doing well at u21 level although not so sure on the club scene. I think we rely a lot on Dykes now, may be worth bringing him in.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Im trying to avoid former managers after hearing Mcleish give one of the reasons for the national teams improval was it now had rangers players in it.

That would be a goalie who won't get a sniff until McGregor retires, and a Dons Youth player......

Anyway I hope the momentum carries onto the Nations league on saturday as victory against the slovaks will see Scotland win the group, further moving up the rankings and banking another playoff spot should it be required.

A draw between Israel and the czechs will have the same effect too

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LA-Don said:

Wonder if we'll see Fraser Hornby introduced to the full squad over the next few months and an outside chance of going to the Euros. Seems to be doing well at u21 level although not so sure on the club scene. I think we rely a lot on Dykes now, may be worth bringing him in.

He was pap for the u21s the other night. Not playing for Reims at the minute unfortunately, and it shows. Hopefully he'll get a chance. 

Scott Wright to sign a three year extension, start banging them in and get the call in the new year. We were crying out for a good Christie replacement last night, someone with a bit of trickery, good on the break, and a fucking dandy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

He was pap for the u21s the other night. Not playing for Reims at the minute unfortunately, and it shows. Hopefully he'll get a chance. 

Scott Wright to sign a three year extension, start banging them in and get the call in the new year. We were crying out for a good Christie replacement last night, someone with a bit of trickery, good on the break, and a fucking dandy.

You got me thinking, if the Euros were to start tomorrow, this could most likely be the squad - 23 players....or who am I missing?

Marshall, Bain, Gordon (then McLaughlin)

ODonnell, Palmer, McTominay, Gallagher, Cooper, McKenna, Tierney, Robertson

McGinn, Jack, Christie, Armstrong, McLean, McGregor, 

Dykes, Fraser, Griffiths, McBurnie, Paterson, Burke

It’s based on recent games, a very attacking squad and I’d expect a defender or mid replacing one of the forwards, probably Fleck or even Hanley.

I’m assuming there will be the odd injury, so how do Ferguson, McCrorie, Considine, and Wright get in there? I’d assume Considine or Greg Taylor replaces an injured Tierney or McKenna, and I agree, if Wright has an excellent season he does bring something very few Scotland players have, plus I’d believe Clarke would give him a chance as he’s done with Hanlon, our Andy, Brophy, and the fact we had 2 Motherwell players playing in the most important game for years.

Add to this, there is Forrest who I think definitely comes into it, don’t see Shankland getting in if these guys are fit. Maybe Johnny Russell? Shinnie???

Edited by LA-Don
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there

12 hours ago, LA-Don said:

Dykes, Fraser, Griffiths, McBurnie, Paterson, Burke

Dykes and Fraser are the only 2 there I would say are guaranteed a place. Griffiths probably will get in based on his knack for finding important goals even if he continues to be a bit part player for Celtic. McBurnie, Paterson and Burke places must be up for grabs if someone steps up and starts doing well, even though I think Clark likes McBurnie despite his poor performances so far for Scotland.  

Considine like you said a couple of injurys and I think hes in, but I suppose Clarke will be watching them all for the next 6 months so if he keeps up the good performances there is every chance either way.

Edited by DantheDon
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DantheDon said:

I think there

Dykes and Fraser are the only 2 there I would say are guaranteed a place. Griffiths probably will get in based on his knack for finding important goals even if he continues to be a bit part player for Celtic. McBurnie, Paterson and Burke places must be up for grabs if someone steps up and starts doing well, even though I think Clark likes McBurnie despite his poor performances so far for Scotland.  

Considine like you said a couple of injurys and I think hes in, but I suppose Clarke will be watching them all for the next 6 months so if he keeps up the good performances there is every chance either way.

I agree with your take on Fraser and Dykes, and if healthy Griffiths goes too. Think Paterson is in for the fact he plays multiple positions. Pretty sure McBurnie makes it but doesn’t look like Burke is playing much at club level so he is a question. Think he got too much attention too young, no feeling of whether he’s actually any good.

I do rate Christie and who else plays that type of roaming #10 other than Wright. Fraser and Forrest are natural wingers, if Wright has a strong season and Burke rarely plays, maybe Wright gets a chance? I know we are biased, but who else brings that creative central spark?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting LA. Agree with most of that and DTD's assessment of the forwards. Nisbet was pap against us, but could see him replacing Shankland as the SPFL striker on the fringes. Ferguson must be in with a shout if we get a few injuries in midfield as I think he'll be close to a big move by then. Although thin Chelsea cunt who got sent off for the u21s will likely be included by then too. Like you, I don't see any Scottish player offering anything we don't already have in the squad in abundance (other than Wright, but he'd have to have a very good season), we seem very good at producing professional, hard working footballers that under a good manager can take an organised approach giving little away. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dykes and Andy Robertson both suspended for today so suspect McBurnie will start today and Greg Taylor will replace Robertson. Other than that as long as everyone who started on Thursday is fit/sober then stick with them as shouldn’t change a winning team. Win this today then can give rest of squad game on Wednesday as we will already be through. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 down after half an hour, not playing badly and actually had chances. Slovakia aren’t bad but we look decent too. A little unfortunate on their goal, deflected shot. No clue how McBurnie is an EPL striker, he’s had 3 chances now, looks awful 😖

Edited by LA-Don
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DantheDon said:

We shouldn't be losing here. Maybe its just lack of confidence but I'm failing to see what McBurnie brings to this team. If Griffiths was on we would be 2-1 up.

You beat me to it. Shouldn’t be losing and I agree, should be leading. We’ve played some pretty tidy stuff in patches, pleasantly surprised. A half decent striker buries more than one of those chances, plus Armstrong should have scored too. Decent so far but it’s ultimately the score than matters. Would honestly like Griffiths on to start the second half, McB is crap!

Edited by LA-Don
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LA-Don said:

You beat me to it. Shouldn’t be losing and I agree, should be leading. We’ve played some pretty tidy stuff in patches, pleasantly surprised. A half decent striker buries more than one of those chances, plus Armstrong should have scored too. Decent so far but it’s ultimately the score than matters. Would honestly like Griffiths on to start the second half, McB is crap!

We are really coming on to a game and if we keep playing like this its still there for us. Its strange to be down at half time supporting Scotland and believe we can come away with something.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Disappointing result but no doubt we were the better team and created the better chances. As I said above I'm not seeing what McBurnie brings, there were other players guilty of not finishing chances but his two stand out. I think going ahead suited Slovakia but we were very unlucky with the manner of there goal and there goalkeeper made some good stops. We have a chance to put it right against Israel and I'm hopeful with Dykes back in we will get the job done.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...