Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scotland squad

48 minutes ago, Jute said:

Think you need to be winning your home games to qualify but point from a game where we were behind twice is a decent return. 

Aye, you simply can't afford mistakes in these qualifiers and not winning this will be one of them. We took an age to get going, and I think the initial lineup wasn't correct. Looked better when McGregor came on and McGinn moved forward. We've actually got a fairly decent first 14-15 players but it almost looked like we were too cagey and not that confident we could beat them for about an hour. As soon as they scored we then showed what we're about. Weird to be supporting a team that scores actual goals though, very unsettling. Is that Scotland scored more than us this year?

We were lucky to get a draw.

The first goal is the keeper's fault. Amateurish to save the ball straight back out like that.

Their striker dominated the defence. When I seen Hanley in the team I thought WTF? I thought he had retired. He's a complete donkey.

I also thought we'd moved away from picking English Championship dross. The defence looked good in Serbia but was needlessly changed by Clarke last night. The Championship in England is a load of shit IMO. The Scottish players playing there are massively overrated.

We need to pick players from own league, in the main. Hanley has probably never met Stephen O'Donnell. Gallagher was the obvious choice.

As for Andy Robertson, I don't see what he offers for Scotland. He should be dropped. Tierney is better.

People say Robertson doesn't do anything, but the only reason McGinn was able to score his goal is because Robertson skinned his man in the middle of the park, won a corner by himself, and put two good deliveries into the box that Austria couldn't clear properly. If we're going to drop anyone after that it should be Dykes who looked well off the pace.

1 hour ago, sancho_panza said:

People say Robertson doesn't do anything, but the only reason McGinn was able to score his goal is because Robertson skinned his man in the middle of the park, won a corner by himself, and put two good deliveries into the box that Austria couldn't clear properly. If we're going to drop anyone after that it should be Dykes who looked well off the pace.

Aye Dykes was rubbish. Looks every inch the English 2nd division player he is.

Contrast his performance with the Austrian forward. He was awesome. We have no strikers anywhere near that ability.

I just don't like Robertson. He's no superstar, he just plays with superstars and pretends to be one.

1 hour ago, tup1 said:

We were lucky to get a draw.

You have to be joking.

We fully deserved a draw if not victory.

Dykes was an inch from scoring and Christie should've scored at least once.

Armstrong too.

We should've had a penalty and yeah they maybe had a goal disallowed but we matched them other than possession.

Both teams split defences and we had the better chances to score.

Superb 2 goals by Scotland. One great header by them and a good dipping strike that Marshall should've done better with.

52 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

You have to be joking.

We fully deserved a draw if not victory.

Dykes was an inch from scoring and Christie should've scored at least once.

Armstrong too.

We should've had a penalty and yeah they maybe had a goal disallowed but we matched them other than possession.

Both teams split defences and we had the better chances to score.

Superb 2 goals by Scotland. One great header by them and a good dipping strike that Marshall should've done better with.

No I'm not joking. We hardly touched the ball for the first 30 minutes.

After we scored the first goal, which was completely undeserved, we rallied for five minutes and looked like a half decent team.

But that was the only time. We were completely outclassed for 75 of the 90 minutes by a bunch of mainly journeymen.

If we lose to Israel, and they have a better head to head, then Clarke is losing my faith. He had a winning formula and now he's changed it and gone back to the Strachan and McGhee failed system of English lower league dross > Scottish premier league. I want players from the Scottish league, I don't want massively overpaid, overrated, big headed half Scottish guys from the English 2nd division like Grant Hanley. 

McGinn mishit his overhead kick. Just as well.