Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

New stadium thread

Aye, I remember everybody complaining having to get the train to the Allianz  ::)

But, my understanding of what they want to build is:

1.) A New Community stadium (for us)

2.) A smaller stadium in the same area (for Cove)

3.) A 3rd ground for the FP's to play at

4.) An olympic swimming pool

5.) A center of excellence for golf

6.) An industrial estate

I doubt all of it will be built, but with even some of that, and no major link? Not even the mixture of Aberdeen City Council & whoever else is in charge can be that incompetent?!

For the record: I'd rather it was where it is right now, i'd give them the extra £4million to pay for it (if i had it!)

Woohoo! Was waiting for this ridiculous comparison!  ;D

Cant wait for the free transport out to the ground from scotrail  ::)

Don't get ME started... we got turned down for our airport rail link because Edinburgh HIV pooves were deemed more worthy of the cash  >:D

Why can't Scotland have integrated transport like everywhere else in Europe... fuckin shambles

Because labour&libdems wanted to fuck over the new snp government. Any money should have been spent on the A9

jagers comparison was the Allianz, transport is fre out to there as long as you have the correct pass as far as I have beeen told

It was my understanding that you are supposed to buy tickets for the trains there, they just don't have ticket barriers and don't seem to have ticket inspectors so they just trust people to pay the correct amount.

If they are going to be doughballs about it and have it on the outskirts, at least stick it up on the North side so its easier for me :wave: plenty fuckin space up North of Danestone they could stick it.

Seriously though, whats wrong with Kings Links? Whats an extra £4million when they are going to spunk away £38 million? And that price will now doubt rise like a virgins cock in a brothel.

It was my understanding that you are supposed to buy tickets for the trains there, they just don't have ticket barriers and don't seem to have ticket inspectors so they just trust people to pay the correct amount.

Your match ticket granted you free transport to the game as far as I remember?!?

hahaha - YOU ARE STEAMIN!!! I said nothing of the sort!!! Go to bed ya drunken bam!

zzzzzzzz mug zzzzzzzzzzz MUG! zzzzzzzzz

The council granted planning permission a few weeks ago for a business park/hotel/'leisure facility' complex in the plot between the stadium site and Balmoral Group's premises.

The rail line that goes through Cove is about a mile from the stadium site, not sure how much it would cost to construct a station though. If they did build a station, it could link into the Inverurie-Stonehaven crosslink rail project. A concrete platform and some railings shouldn't be too expensive hopefully.

There used to be a station at Cove but there is now houses built where it used to be.

Mizer! I'm sure that was a load of shite! You were supposed to buy tickets before hand, but as I was informed by my mates in Munich, German public transport is effectively free because the Germans are honest people and pay for things!

Still, I think that Loirsten is a bad idea and would have preferred Kings Links, but was there not also an issue with option to expand? I.e. there wasn't enough room? This was something that Loirston offered. As long as there will be good transport links (highly unlikely) I would be fine with it as I can't see the club choosing anything in the city limits.

Mizer! I'm sure that was a load of shite! You were supposed to buy tickets before hand, but as I was informed by my mates in Munich, German public transport is effectively free because the Germans are honest people and pay for things!

Still, I think that Loirsten is a bad idea and would have preferred Kings Links, but was there not also an issue with option to expand? I.e. there wasn't enough room? This was something that Loirston offered. As long as there will be good transport links (highly unlikely) I would be fine with it as I can't see the club choosing anything in the city limits.

I am looking at the ticket and using my standard grade german trying to translate

"Mitbringen von transparten nur mit Genehmigung des Veranstalters"

Bring for transport is my guess?

‘Why I’ll cry when they close Pittodrie’

Says King of the Beach End JOE HARPER  :wino:

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 04/04/2009

JOE Harper today admitted it will be “gut-wrenching†if Aberdeen FC finally quit Pittodrie.

But Aberdeen FC goalscoring legend and King of the Beach End Joe believes the time is right for his old club to say farewell to their ancestral home.

Joe is also confident the Red Army will accept shifting house to a new £38 million community stadium at Loirston – as long as the Dons promise a team as impressive as the arena they will be playing in.

Q What do you think of the plan for the Dons to relocate to a new community stadium at Loirston?

A It means the end for Pittodrie has moved closer and that’s something a lot of fans will find difficult to handle.

Like myself, they will have a host of happy memories from past games.

I reckon it will be hard to stop the tears flowing when the day comes when I have to walk out of Pittodrie for the last time.

It will be gut-wrenching, but you have to move with the times.

It’s clear moving to another stadium is the only option open to the club.

It appears as if the new one is going to look fantastic and be a great place to watch games at.

Q What can the club do to win over the Dons fans who will be against the idea of quitting Pittodrie?

A There will be no point in having a state-of-the-art stadium if the team on the pitch is second rate.

If the quality of football matches the surroundings, the fans will come.

It’s important the directors don’t lose sight of just how important that is.

They have to be applauded for getting the right people in to design the stadium.

What I’ve read about that so far really excites me.

It looks as if the stadium will help to create a better atmosphere.

The enclosed nature of it will also ensure fans no longer have to put up with chilly breezes almost blasting them away during games.

But they will never fill the place if the Dons don’t have a winning team.

Q Have planners chosen the best site for the community stadium?

A I believe so. It will have better access and parking facilities for fans than there are at Pittodrie.

It will also mean less disruption in the city centre when the Dons are at home to the Old Firm.

There was always going to be objections, no matter what site was picked. Having looked at what was said about the various factors, including cost, they seem to have done the right thing.

Q The Dons hope to take some features from Pittodrie, such as the engraved granite wall at the Merkland Street end, with them. Is there anything you would like to see transferred to Loirston?

A I hope they will finally build a museum to properly display all of the football memorabilia that is dotted around Pittodrie at the moment.

It should also be called ‘The Teddy Scott Museum’.

Teddy (the club’s long serving trainer) is the one who collected the bulk of the stuff over the years.

I’m sure fans would be happy to pay to see the treasure trove of stuff Teddy collected.

I hope they will also find room to build something similar to the boot room at Pittodrie.

When I was there, it was the focal point for a lot of the players.

We met there before training to enjoy a cup of tea and discuss what had happened in games.

I might also put in a wee personal request for permission to take the penalty spot at the Beach End home so that I can replant it in my garden.

I scored some memorable goals from that spot, so it means a lot to me.

Interesting read, and I particularly agree with this part:

Q What can the club do to win over the Dons fans who will be against the idea of quitting Pittodrie?

A There will be no point in having a state-of-the-art stadium if the team on the pitch is second rate.

If the quality of football matches the surroundings, the fans will come.

It’s important the directors don’t lose sight of just how important that is.

That is the most important thing, more than anything else. Currently, this is not the case, something the club really need to think about.

Well, that's total bollocks.

Didn't think I was too far off the mark when I typed that. I've just checked on a route planner. Train station to Pittodrie 1.71 miles, train station to Loirston 2.95 miles  :-[

Apologies for misinformation.

In terms of distance, Loiston Loch not a huge difference from Pittodrie from city centre, if Union Street used as starting point.

Didn't think I was too far off the mark when I typed that. I've just checked on a route planner. Train station to Pittodrie 1.71 miles, train station to Loirston 2.95 miles  :-[

Apologies for misinformation.

This a new train station on Union Street?

Christ min, I admitted I got it wrong and apologised, what more do you want, blood  :-\

The route planner, when you put Aberdeen City Centre, defaulted to the train station.

Yeah, blood please  :thumbsup:

But look at the walk from town to Todders, then the walk to Altens. It's just not a practical one.