Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

New stadium thread

• 4 weeks later...

Lucky we don't then.

30,000 was only if Scotland were hosting a tournament, but we're not.

Aberdeen stadium decision awaited

Stadium image

Loirston Loch in Nigg is the recommended new site

Councillors are set to vote on plans for a new home for Aberdeen Football Club.

Land to the south of the city - Loirston Loch in Nigg - is the preferred location of two options for the new 30,000-seat community stadium.

The alternative site of Kings Links was deemed too small and expensive.

However, the AFC Trust - a group for fans - has warned that an online questionnaire suggested attendances could suffer if Loirston was chosen.

The club has claimed staying at Pittodrie - the home of the Dons for more than a century - is not an option.

A series of feasibility studies have been carried out.

Lucky we don't then.

30,000 was only if Scotland were hosting a tournament, but we're not.

Thats a relief what size are they planning on?  I've not really kept up with this topic as i dont live in aberdeen and have no idea where half the places are.

Thats a relief what size are they planning on?  I've not really kept up with this topic as i dont live in aberdeen and have no idea where half the places are.

I have no idea, i'm pretty sure they agreed on 20,000. I'd much rather see 25,000 though.

The new stadium will be mighty, shame to move from Pittodrie but I assume it'll be for the greater good.

Yip, my thoughts exactly - would obviously rather stay at 'todders, purely for selfish reasons like :) - however quite excited aboot the prospect of a brand, spanking new stadium

Guest fatshaft

When does the campaign start for an area of terracing to be provided so we can get all the nutters in one cauldron of hate and noise to welcome our visiting fans 8)

Not legally possible.  But a designated singing stand should be top of the agenda when they consult the fans.