Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

New stadium thread

12 hours ago, Jute said:

Think there is a gastropub in the retail park as well but it’s shit getting there even with the rail link especially if it’s a decent crowd. 

Think this is what I remember hearing. Never made it to the Reebok but transport and the sole pub was not exactly enticing.

• 3 months later...
42 minutes ago, Panda said:

And Dave Cormack can get his 16,000 capacity stadium idea right in the bin.

Think that nearly half our home games were over 16K last season. 18 or 19K would be doable. One of the issues is that we now have a lot of season tickets in all parts of the ground, so closing off areas for matches that will have sparse crowds isn't possible, and won't likely be possible in a new ground either without building way over capacity. It'd be interesting, also, to get an idea of numbers through the turnstiles as well as official tickets sold, which will include season tickets. Also, interesting to see how many season tickets are for u12s.

3 hours ago, tom_widdows said:

Average home attendance last season was apparently 13,283.

League average was 15,628.

We had nine games last season where the crowd was above 16,000.

3 hours ago, tom_widdows said:

Perhaps waiting until each team has had more than 1 home game would make the table more useful?

Yeh, sure, if you need more evidence.

5 hours ago, Panda said:

Interesting comment from Alan Burrows on Twitter, saying the capacity of Pittodrie these days is 18,800, and that it'll be lower than that for European games.

I think it’s all down to the council not approving areas of the merkland? I know the UA have complained about it. Then at uefa I think you have to have a set distance from the pitch? 

3 hours ago, manc_don said:

I think it’s all down to the council not approving areas of the merkland? I know the UA have complained about it. Then at uefa I think you have to have a set distance from the pitch? 

Aye there's also a small block of seats next to away end, a block in section Y and a block in upper deck that all don't get sold.

Was trying to buy tickets for the Häcken game next week - I'm having to wait until the season ticket seats get released tomorrow night as there's only the Y and upper deck currently available. Used to love the upper deck but can barely see the goal line these days since they extended the pitch. 

That's why I always argue it's difficult for Aberdeen to sell out, as once we hit about 16,000 the remaining seats are crap. If we had, say, a Tynecastle or an Easter Road, we'd sell a lot more tickets.

Still, new stadium coming soon...

• Like 1