Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Todays fitba

For me ferdinand has improved greatly in the past few years.  My biggest problem with him was he totally fancied himself as the next beckenbauer.  Vidic alongside him has been a big part in his improvement but i think as he's matured he's wound his ego in a bit and realised that playing to your strengths is way more important than for your own glory.

With regards to vidic and ferdinand being fergies best pairing since miller and mcleish agree, dont think its unfair to put pallister and bruce up there as well though, at least in the same ballpark anyway.

Whilst I agree, I thought at the time of his signing and think it has been proved that Vidic has been Fergie's best signing for United. But I agree, both play better alongside each other rather than one with another.

Some stats on the 4 different centre back pairings United have had, which hopefully backs up my argument to a degree:

Vidic & Ferdinand have played together 20 times and United have recorded 13 cleans sheets. Vidic & Evans have played together 8 times and recorded 7 clean sheets. Ferdinand & Evans have played together 3 times and recorded no clean sheets. Evans & O'Shea have played together once and failed to record a clean sheet.

Players getting booked for over celebrating is a fucking nonsense.  Trying to put a check on people's emotions... unbelievable.

I was having this conversation the other day and totally agree. However, earlier in the season Cheltenham were visited by Millwall. After one of their players scored he ran to the home end knocked the chips out of one of the lads who stands at the front before giving a really high pitched whoop. He never got a card but if that's isn't text book inciting the crowd...

Some stats on the 4 different centre back pairings United have had, which hopefully backs up my argument to a degree:

Vidic & Ferdinand have played together 20 times and United have recorded 13 cleans sheets. Vidic & Evans have played together 8 times and recorded 7 clean sheets. Ferdinand & Evans have played together 3 times and recorded no clean sheets. Evans & O'Shea have played together once and failed to record a clean sheet.

So statistically, Vidic and Evans are the future?  :o  I rate Evans, think he's a fantastic player and certainly doesn't look out of his depth at all!

Baggy, I would expect nothing less from those South of the river cunts ;) Bit harsh knocking someones food in the opposing end anyway! Certainly more inciting than taking your shirt off.

I see Klinsmann has been sacked by Bayern after being in the job for what 8 months?!? Didn't think Bayern were doing too badly, but just seen they lost on the weekend and are third in the league and may miss out on chumps league next season? Jurgen for Pittodrie? ;)

According to the BBC, Wenger has already been offered the Bayern job and turned them down.

Fair play to them for trying, but I can't see him ever leaving Arsenal. Even if he was considering leaving, he wouldn't admit to it before their biggest game of the season.

Fair play to them for trying, but I can't see him ever leaving Arsenal. Even if he was considering leaving, he wouldn't admit to it before their biggest game of the season.

He's certainly not going to leave the epl for the bundesliga,  could see him going to spain if one of the big boys came in for him

Barcodes Fuck all - Up Pompeii Fuck all.

A few boo's at the end, but other than that, almost total silence.

Portsmouth hit the post with about ten mins to go. Three points behind Hull now, I reckon Hull will get pulled back into the bottom 3, so maybe the survivor will be the victors of Boro-Newcastle in two weeks time!

Barcodes Fuck all - Up Pompeii Fuck all.

A few boo's at the end, but other than that, almost total silence.

Portsmouth hit the post with about ten mins to go. Three points behind Hull now, I reckon Hull will get pulled back into the bottom 3, so maybe the survivor will be the victors of Boro-Newcastle in two weeks time!

Oh well, makes for an interesting climax to the season anyway!

My flatmate has just informed me that together, Messi, Eto'o and Henry have scored 94 goals this season.  :penalty:

That depresses me, but funnily enough, none of that was on show. I thought Messi was poor as hell, kept trying to play the ball into the net rather than shoot. Horrendous viewing, but point well deserved from a Chelsea perspective. I won't be bothering with the semi final leg next wednesday.

That depresses me, but funnily enough, none of that was on show. I thought Messi was poor as hell, kept trying to play the ball into the net rather than shoot. Horrendous viewing, but point well deserved from a Chelsea perspective. I won't be bothering with the semi final leg next wednesday.

Que?

;)