Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Official Europa League Thread 2018/19

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a while right enough! Went with the Glasgow Reds once or twice too but they were a bit rowdy, beer fights and all sorts.

Perhaps it's me, I should maybe just drive  :laughing:

That's yer Tom Widdows for you.  He has a bit of a rep as a rowdy beery fight type chap. 

He's on here, ask him for a refund.

ps. are beer fights just fights using beer? Seems a waste to me.

That's yer Tom Widdows for you.  He has a bit of a rep as a rowdy beery fight type chap. 

He's on here, ask him for a refund.

ps. are beer fights just fights using beer? Seems a waste to me.

Think the last time I was 'involved' with anything classed as rowdy with the Glasgow reds was a scottish cup tie in Forfar

Noticed Burnley don't return from pre-season until a week after Aberdeen.

They only have three games lined up before the first leg - one three days before it. Aberdeen have five, including West Brom.

Aberdeen are used to coming back this early, and by this point you imagine they have the schedule down to a fine art. Very good chance we can catch Burnley cold at Pittodrie, and give us something to defend down there.

Noticed Burnley don't return from pre-season until a week after Aberdeen.

They only have three games lined up before the first leg - one three days before it. Aberdeen have five, including West Brom.

Aberdeen are used to coming back this early, and by this point you imagine they have the schedule down to a fine art. Very good chance we can catch Burnley cold at Pittodrie, and give us something to defend down there.

Despite my earlier disgruntlement at this draw initially, I think this is our best chance, granted they are difficult to break down, but they certainly don't score an awful lot either, and whilst I can't see there being many goals at Pittodrie, a clean sheet to take down there could be absolutely massive. Of course, I'd love us to take a 2-0/3-0 down there, but that's highly unlikely. Would literally bite all of your nuts off for a 1-0 to take down there.

I am certainly not as negative as I initially was, and I think Forrester & Gleeson are both going to prove to be very good additions, both domestically & in Europe, particularly Gleeson.

Seems they are following the Ed Sheerin methodology of cancelling 're-sold' tickets should they happen to catch anyone with them.

Ticket touts targetting a Dons game eh? I remember not so long ago seeing someone trying to give away tickets outside pittodrie and being told to fuck off

A friend of mine sent me the below message via Facebook regarding our home leg with Burnley;

"Anxiety is a horrible thing, and in a way the only way to overcome it is to push yourself, but only you know if you're ready to do that or not. But the other way to look at it is; how disappointed in yourself will you be if you don't go? You have to turn it around to look at it another way. Perhaps if you keep taking the medication you may be a wee bit more ready for that journey? W. x"

A friend of mine sent me the below message via Facebook regarding our home leg with Burnley;

"Anxiety is a horrible thing, and in a way the only way to overcome it is to push yourself, but only you know if you're ready to do that or not. But the other way to look at it is; how disappointed in yourself will you be if you don't go? You have to turn it around to look at it another way. Perhaps if you keep taking the medication you may be a wee bit more ready for that journey? W. x"

I think your mate has made a great point there SeeBass. It could turn out to be one of the great nights of Scottish Football (either one of them) and if we got a result you would love it.

I'm not going to make it to either match as I'm away on holiday, if you can get yourself to Pittodrie sing your heart out.  The boys need your support, sing them home SeeBass.

Bobby,

I bought my ticket in Lower Richard Donald Stand online last night and hotel is provisionally booked.  Just need a train up sorted. 

I've been speaking with my ex-Mental Health Peer Worker Moira yesterday and said to her that as much as we would like to progress as far as we can I'm very realistic about our chances in this tie. As a one off spectacle despite the opposition not filling me with any great excitement (I've already stated it is in my eyes the most boring draw we could have got) I still NEED TO BE THERE to support my heroes regardless.  Even if it only means I have the souvenir scarf and programme to show for my effort.  My Aberdeen European memorabilia is very special to me as I never thought we'd ever see my lads play seventeen continental matches in eleven years given some of the dross that has worn a Dons jersey since 1991 and my first ever match. 

Yes I want to win over the two legs but there will be some embarrassment on my part if we don't do ourselves justice.  Just don't buy into all this 'Battle Of Britain' mumbo jumbo I've seen from other supporters.   

that is a crazy amount of loyalty points  :o

They have realised they’ve fucked up (presumably after the outcry) and have contacted high points holders with no DNA to guarantee them a ticket in Phase 1.

Suggestion from someone who knows someone behind the scenes ( :pac:) is that on the back of this it’s likely that we’ll sell out before it gets to Phase 3 (140 points)

They have realised they’ve fucked up (presumably after the outcry) and have contacted high points holders with no DNA to guarantee them a ticket in Phase 1.

Suggestion from someone who knows someone behind the scenes ( :pac:) is that on the back of this it’s likely that we’ll sell out before it gets to Phase 3 (140 points)

I'm 1 point shy of qualifying for phase 1 despite being a black and gold season ticket holder for the last 2 season and being a DNAer ST holder this season. Pretty frustrating. I wish I was contacted to be guaranteed phase 1!

Bobby,

I bought my ticket in Lower Richard Donald Stand online last night and hotel is provisionally booked.  Just need a train up sorted. 

I've been speaking with my ex-Mental Health Peer Worker Moira yesterday and said to her that as much as we would like to progress as far as we can I'm very realistic about our chances in this tie. As a one off spectacle despite the opposition not filling me with any great excitement (I've already stated it is in my eyes the most boring draw we could have got) I still NEED TO BE THERE to support my heroes regardless.  Even if it only means I have the souvenir scarf and programme to show for my effort.  My Aberdeen European memorabilia is very special to me as I never thought we'd ever see my lads play seventeen continental matches in eleven years given some of the dross that has worn a Dons jersey since 1991 and my first ever match. 

Yes I want to win over the two legs but there will be some embarrassment on my part if we don't do ourselves justice.  Just don't buy into all this 'Battle Of Britain' mumbo jumbo I've seen from other supporters. 

Good man SeeBass.  :thumbsup:

I'm 1 point shy of qualifying for phase 1 despite being a black and gold season ticket holder for the last 2 season and being a DNAer ST holder this season. Pretty frustrating. I wish I was contacted to be guaranteed phase 1!

Could you buy a ticket for the home leg to take you over the threshold?

Difficult for people under 140 if they've basically got no chance. Not convinced there'll be too many more games like this any time soon where such a high level of points are needed, Ibrox is midweek again this season.

Could you buy a ticket for the home leg to take you over the threshold?

Difficult for people under 140 if they've basically got no chance. Not convinced there'll be too many more games like this any time soon where such a high level of points are needed, Ibrox is midweek again this season.

My total of 164 includes the 4 I got for the home leg. I phoned the ticket office and they said it'll definitely to to at least phase 2 and possibly phase 3 as well.