Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Official Europa League Thread 2018/19

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have offered it to someone but they can't commit until begining of the week as needs time off work. If they don't want it then it will be available mate  :thumbsup:

I have one for away end but another who is travelling with us currently does not. If it’s available let me know.

Hi again, everyone - not long to go now and both clubs seem to be struggling to sign up new recruits in time for next Thursday's first leg.

What's the latest on the Gleeson injury? Will he make it for next week or the second leg?

You should be buoyed by the news that our two most creative and skilful players (Steven Defour & Robbie Brady) are very unlikely to feature in either match. Both are coming back after long-term injury and Dyche has said the pair will not be risked.

It means we will probably have a very functional but unexciting central midfield pairing of Jack Cork and Ashley Westwood. Hard-working but not many (if any) defence-splitting passes from that pair.

The next few days could be interesting for both clubs (in terms of new players).

Hi again, everyone - not long to go now and both clubs seem to be struggling to sign up new recruits in time for next Thursday's first leg.

What's the latest on the Gleeson injury? Will he make it for next week or the second leg?

You should be buoyed by the news that our two most creative and skilful players (Steven Defour & Robbie Brady) are very unlikely to feature in either match. Both are coming back after long-term injury and Dyche has said the pair will not be risked.

It means we will probably have a very functional but unexciting central midfield pairing of Jack Cork and Ashley Westwood. Hard-working but not many (if any) defence-splitting passes from that pair.

The next few days could be interesting for both clubs (in terms of new players).

To be honest none of us actually know the position regarding Gleeson as the club have not passed comment, but we are putting two and two together and thinking it isn't good news

Mabye, both clubs in same predicament mate, but there is a difference £££££, whereas you can go out & splash out millions & 20k a week , we are offering tops £200k & 3k a week, huge difference.

Burnley played two behind-closed-doors friendly matches yesterday.

Two different XIs at home to League One (third level) opponents.

Lost 2-0 to Blackpool; and lost 1-0 to Shrewsbury.

Hardly encouraging.

I see Burnley are being linked with Sam Clucas from Swansea. Be funny if Burnley were to buy him and provide Swansea with the funds to sign McKenna from us.

After that draw, maybe it will be a blessing in disguise whoever loses our tie.

I don't think Dyche will fancy a trip to Turkey just 3 days before the first PL game at Southampton.

The Turks have some star names in their squad (Adebayor, Clichy etc) but many of them are at the veteran stage and certainly won't match Burnley in terms of fitness.

Obviously, I'd like to make the group stages, but UEFA seem to be making it hard as possible for both Aberdeen & Burnley.

After that draw, maybe it will be a blessing in disguise whoever loses our tie.

I don't think Dyche will fancy a trip to Turkey just 3 days before the first PL game at Southampton.

The Turks have some star names in their squad (Adebayor, Clichy etc) but many of them are at the veteran stage and certainly won't match Burnley in terms of fitness.

Obviously, I'd like to make the group stages, but UEFA seem to be making it hard as possible for both Aberdeen & Burnley.

First time I've ever seen an English fan complain UEFA are making it harder for their clubs!

Worth noting that the Turkish season doesn't start until 10 August, and this will be their first competitive games of the season.

They're tough, they'll be favourites, but it's doable.

Some effort if we reach the play-off round having knocked out the 7th best team in England and 3rd best in Turkey. That's when we'll finally get lucky in the draw and lose the tie.

Worth noting that the Turkish season doesn't start until 10 August, and this will be their first competitive games of the season.

Some effort if we reach the play-off round having knocked out the 7th best team in England and 3rd best in Turkey. That's when we'll finally get lucky in the draw and lose the tie.

I'm amazed that anyone can see the possibility of getting past Burnley let alone anything else.

I'm amazed that anyone can see the possibility of getting past Burnley let alone anything else.

They're not that good, and we're getting them in the middle of pre-season (they started later than us which they'll pay for on Thursday).

The Turks were three points behind the champs and level on points with second place. That’s a tough ask!

No idea what you've been watching this century but AFC aren't "that good".

Come on rocket. Cheer up. It's summer, there's European fitba at Pittodrie in three days, and surely a Scottish nationalist like yourself should be chomping at the bit to put an English team on their arse.