Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer Transfer chat

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spikkin shite (for a change)

I did predict sometime between Feb and april (been hunting for the quote canna find it but if someone with a bit more time or savvy than i have wants to look its there somewhere) that he would sign for upwards of a million this summer for a top end League 1 club. I suppose derby and Ipswich are bottom end Championship but not a lot of difference. If it happens I think he will do ok...

Glad we have brought in reinforcements, but Devlin & McKenna are our 2 main CB's, so Hoban will surely be here as cover only, obviously unless we pick up injuries/suspensions. He'll play the first 2 league games at RB until Shay returns from suspension. If he turns out to be another Hector, then it's win, win.

Pretty happy with Cerny, always thought he was a decent enough keeper and probably could have played at better clubs than Hamilton & Partick in the SPFL.

Think I have read that we are allowed 2 wildcard signings that are eligible to play in Europa League, so that rules out a Striker before the Burnley game, might still sign one of course, just won't be in the squad for the game.

Mmmm, 24 year old and a grand total of 70 career games.

I'll reserve judgement at present.

Love his wikipedia page

Thomas "the hun skelper" Hoban  : :laughing:

Surely it's best to reserve judgement anyway, until he's actually played a few games. Modern fitba :laughing:

Happy enough with this. Could also be the case that we don't register Cerny, which would allow us to sign a striker if the right one is available today. No immediate rush though.

Surely it's best to reserve judgement anyway, until he's actually played a few games. Modern fitba :laughing:

Happy enough with this. Could also be the case that we don't register Cerny, which would allow us to sign a striker if the right one is available today. No immediate rush though.

Cerny will require to be registered and will be on the bench tomorrow night as Craddock picked up an injury on Monday evening

As long as he isnt offering Eoin Doyle a better deal then I'm comfortable going with what we have right now. As long as we have a decent quality striker in before the sevco game, as far as I'm concerned the Burnley ties are a free shot for us. No one really expects us to get through but a decent showing tomorrow might show the English media that Scottish football isn't as bad as they all think (or probably more accurately English football isn't as good as they all think)

Seen that aswell, dont know much about the Watford fella, but Cerny is a good keeper & great backup.  Still expecting a striker aboard,hopefully tonight :thumbsup:

I suggested an experienced back up in mold of Neil Alexander, sounds like we got it right. The defender gets good reviews from down south, but stress if fit!