Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen V Dundee

Okay, first thing, well done for the Dons win.

Watching that game it was clear to see that our attacking forwards are not doing it.

May needs a rest for a while.

Christie needs a.break.

Agree with Christie but I’d say it’s quite the opposite with May. He needs games to find fitness, sharpness, develop chemistry and confidence. He hasn’t played a lot for us or pre us, needs extended time on a field.

poor for the first 25 mins or so then played ok till half time.

Pretty much one way traffic in the 2nd half without creating too much, really should have won by more.

Shinnie rightly MOTM ,McKenna is an absolute beast best thing to happen to us this season by a mile.

Stevie May, shite again headless chicken

really hope he comes good but deary me he has been an absolute donkey so far.

Good 3 points but still a way short of were we were last season.

Well we got the win and deserved it as Dundee were pretty shite, though if their striker in the first half had a little  more composure he would have had them 1-0 up, but he took a little too long and allowed Woody to make a good save and keep it 0-0.

Collum couldn't get that yellow out quick enough for Shinnie in the opening stages, but he still gave us a captains performance and my goodness we need him. Collum is a strange ref though, makes some very strange decisons at times.  Did we deserve a penalty in the second half?  There was a couple of shouts, but sitting in the Merkie it is hard to tell.

I though Chiddi did well for us today, he certainly doesn't hide on the pitch and you can tell he lacks experience at times with some daft decisions. I doubt he will ever be a EPL player though.

I actually thought May did OK today, but he really needs that goal to give his confidence a boost, a pity the one shot he did put in the net was chalked off for a foul. I noticed when he was subbed it was just a little handshake from McInnes , who usually puts his arm around a player as they come off, might just have been we were taking a corner at the time.

Woodmans kicking is shyte, I would even say worse than Langfield it is that bad.

We got the win and we should have buried them, but we just didn't make our second half possession count.

I did like the look of the boy Caulker for them though.

I also forgot to mentione Christies miss for us today, the loon is well short of confidence at the moment.

Well we got the win and deserved it as Dundee were pretty shite, though if their striker in the first half had a little  more composure he would have had them 1-0 up, but he took a little too long and allowed Woody to make a good save and keep it 0-0.

Collum couldn't get that yellow out quick enough for Shinnie in the opening stages, but he still gave us a captains performance and my goodness we need him. Collum is a strange ref though, makes some very strange decisons at times.  Did we deserve a penalty in the second half?  There was a couple of shouts, but sitting in the Merkie it is hard to tell.

I though Chiddi did well for us today, he certainly doesn't hide on the pitch and you can tell he lacks experience at times with some daft decisions. I doubt he will ever be a EPL player though.

I actually thought May did OK today, but he really needs that goal to give his confidence a boost, a pity the one shot he did put in the net was chalked off for a foul. I noticed when he was subbed it was just a little handshake from McInnes , who usually puts his arm around a player as they come off, might just have been we were taking a corner at the time.

Woodmans kicking is shyte, I would even say worse than Langfield it is that bad.

We got the win and we should have buried them, but we just didn't make our second half possession count.

I did like the look of the boy Caulker for them though.

I also forgot to mentione Christies miss for us today, the loon is well short of confidence at the moment.

May was shite, the ball gets played through to him he turns and runs into the defender and the ball hits his arse. Fucking awful.

Woodmans kicking today was ok, one that went straight out over McInnes head on the halfway line but o=ther than that was ok. He also made a good save to keep it 0-0.

Agree on Caulker, way too good for that shite.

Aberdeen strengthened their grip on third spot with a 1-0 win against Dundee.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/1436288/shinnie-sends-dons-into-international-break-on-a-high-with-victory-against-dundee/

If this is the shit we are served up from our local rag there is no hope left.

I never buy this paper and I never will when they spin this crap.

Ps

The P&J have now removed that headline from their online page. :laughing:.

May was shite, the ball gets played through to him he turns and runs into the defender and the ball hits his arse. Fucking awful.

Woodmans kicking today was ok, one that went straight out over McInnes head on the halfway line but o=ther than that was ok. He also made a good save to keep it 0-0.

Agree on Caulker, way too good for that shite.

May might be shite, but not exactly getting much in the way of support, same with Rooney. I honestly thought he was better today and think he might have been unlucky with the chalked off goal, but hard to tell in the Merkie.

Woodman didn't have much to kick today, but I am sure there were other dodgy kicks today, though Dundee didn't do much in our box really.

May might be shite, but not exactly getting much in the way of support, same with Rooney. I honestly thought he was better today and think he might have been unlucky with the chalked off goal, but hard to tell in the Merkie.

I wasn't at the game today, but when I saw that May was in I was really disappointed.

Whether you're a Rooney fan or a May fan, McInnes isn't being fair to either.  One game in, don't score, dropped. No potential to fit into the "system". No chance for your team mates to get used to your movements. No chance to get up to speed.

For the first half hour at Killie McGinn played up front with Rooney which was interesting in terms of selection (not in terms of practice as we never passed the ball once into feet), so i think that does show that McInnes is at least concerned about the position. But, he's not giving the guys a chance to settle into the position and he's not allowing the team to settle into it either.  It's really frustrating.

Another poor performance but thankfully that was more than enough to beat a shite Dundee side. May looks a yard slower than player who was at St Johnstone and rarely gets into a position where he might score a goal. Nwakali runs about a lot but contributes little beyond that. Christie had another poor game. Shinnie played well and took chance that was presented to him by Dundee keeper well.

Coldest I have been at Pittodrie in a long time.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Another poor performance

Looking at the stats 14 shots, 6 on target, 11 corners, 59% of the ball. Surely couldn't have been that bad?

It wasn't an amazing performance but fucking hell I've seen worse. Need to grind out another win on Saturday to strengthen our group on 3rd place...  :hammer:

Chances of McKenna picking up a knock tonight? I want big performances from those who've had a chance to rest over the international break. I'm looking at you, Logan!