Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Andy Considine wins fans and players player of the year awards tonight.

Ryan Christie wins young player which is a sad reflection of the state of our current youth set up. Apparently players aged U21 have played a total of 49 minutes for the Dons this season when you exclude loan players. Something needs to be sorted.

Delighted for Considine. He has really matured in the last couple of years and us a worthy winner amongst some serious opposition.

Got to agree regarding the Christie award. Really worrying that we don't have a single contender of our own.

Just wait for DD to surface and read this

Aye, had to be Considine like. Been fantastic.

Agreed about our youths like. Can't believe we voted a Tim. Just weird.

There wasn't a vote, as far as the fans go anyway.

There was a vote last year for fans via the club website, I voted for Storie last year, but this year it was only Player of the Year and Goal of the Season you could vote for.  Christie got it by default.

There wasn't a vote, as far as the fans go anyway.

There was a vote last year for fans via the club website, I voted for Storie last year, but this year it was only Player of the Year and Goal of the Season you could vote for.  Christie got it by default.

Aye, sorry, I didnae mean the fans. I meant just weird that he got it. It doesn't sit right. I'd rather have had Maddison if we were choosing one non-dons player. Anyway, it was a bit like the year Low got it despite being older than Jack.

The winners in Deek's time here, and the appearance minutes, are a huge indictment of our youth system and his approach.

Lewis, Logan, McLean and Hayes all in the SPFL Team of the Year.

I voted for Lewis for the Dons one, and I'm surprised he wasn't at least in the top three - especially as McLean certainly didn't merit being that high up considering he's only turned up since December - and think it's a bit of a shame he wasn't given more of the limelight. He's made a fantastic contribution this season, and Ward apart, the first goalkeeper worthy of the name since Peter Kjaer.

Lewis, Logan, McLean and Hayes all in the SPFL Team of the Year.

I voted for Lewis for the Dons one, and I'm surprised he wasn't at least in the top three - especially as McLean certainly didn't merit being that high up considering he's only turned up since December - and think it's a bit of a shame he wasn't given more of the limelight. He's made a fantastic contribution this season, and Ward apart, the first goalkeeper worthy of the name since Peter Kjaer.

I've just seen the BBC story on that - 6 Tic players, 4 Dons and 1 Partick player, mintal.  McInnes is in the shortlist for MotY as well, and Hayes is on the PotY one.

I wonder how Sevco fans are adjusting to the concept of watching the same two teams ahead of them gather all the recognition while they get nothing?  Think i might help myself to another cool refreshing glass of schadenfreude.

Presumably they can get Christie on a loan signing again.  Id be staggered if the club pay transfer fees.

Derek McInnes does not give young talent the opportunity.  He will sign a few people and keep them on the bench (Storey being one) this excludes young talent when bringing on Ross, Wright would make sense even if its 10 minutes.

McInnes could not be anymore transparent if he tried about young players at the club.

A little surprised Shinnie isn't getting much/any recognition. We were piss in midfield early season and he's established himself in center mid, and a big reason for our strong season. Without him in the middle we struggle in my opinion. Very consistent and a true leader.