Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

BARRY NICHOLSON / LEE MILLER

Has anyone heard any news/gossip on what is happening with regards to Barry Nicholson & Lee Miller signing new deals ? ? ?

It seems to have all gone very quiet on this subject since it had been about a week or so ago that Barry had been offered an improved deal and Jimmy wanted an anwer from Lee on whether he was going to stay or go.

???   

Manager Jimmy Calderwood also confirmed he won't sell Lee Miller or Barry Nicholson before the UEFA transfer window shuts again on Thursday.

The Dons still hope to persuade striker Miller and midfielder Nicholson to pen new deals before their current ones expire at the end of the season.

"We will be talking to Lee and Barry again about their contracts next week," said Calderwood.

" But they know they won't be leaving before the summer, no matter what happens."

Well seeing as we didn't blow the bank on transfers, Couldn't some £££ be put to this?

Here's hoping as at the moment, they are both integral members of the team & would both be very hard to replace.

As i think someone mentioned elsewhere neither player is (thank fuck) attracting attention from championship clubs.

I hear Barry was in one of the Sunday papers hinting that he would be off in the summer.  Don't know which paper.

Jc in most sunday papers saying that Barry wouldnt like the championship as its all long ball stuff which wouldnt suit him.

hope he stays but cant see it. he will want his retirment fund

JIMMY RESUMES BATTLE FOR BARRY

12:00 - 04 February 2008

Aberdeen manager Jimmy Calderwood will this week relaunch his charm offensive to keep Barry Nicholson at Pittodrie.

Calderwood will hold further contract talks with the midfield schemer after tomorrow night's CIS Cup semi-final with Dundee United at Tynecastle.

He's desperate to keep the midfielder, who again displayed his class when he created the winning goal for Zander Diamond in the Scottish Cup victory over Hamilton.

Nicholson is out of contract in the summer and has rejected a new deal, but Calderwood is refusing to give up.

"I will speak to Barry after tomorrow's semi-final against Dundee United," said Calderwood.

Nicholson was reported to be a January target for several English clubs but a move south failed to materialise. That has given Calderwood more hope of keeping his midfield schemer.

He added: "Barry never had a firm offer from England although there was interest in him.

"He would have told me otherwise because we're very close in terms of the relationship we have build up over the years.

"But Barry Nicholson on a free transfer would easily get a club.

"However, everything hinges on what he wants to do and if he fancies a change of scenery then I won't be able to stop him.

"That's my biggest fear but I'll be doing everything I can to keep him."

OK there seems to be a bit of chat regarding Barry Nicholson and his future.  What about Lee Miller ? I thought JC had asked him for a definite decision on whether he was staying or going so he could line up a future replacement, and I thought this was round about the time he was sniffing about Scott Dobie, before he went to Carlisle (Thankfully!!).  Anyone else heard anything else on the matter ??

Hope he stays with the club though.

MILLER KEEN TO SIGN NEW CONTRACT AT PITTODRIE

12:00 - 11 February 2008

Lee Miller is ready to lift the pain at Pittodrie by committing his future to the club.

The striker, pictured, confirmed he's ready to pen a new Dons deal after weeks of talks.

The news will lift boss Jimmy Calderwood in the wake of the heavy Celtic defeat.

Miller wants to get things resolved this week which would be a boost ahead of Thursday's UEFA Cup showdown with Bayern Munich.

"We're still talking and I'm hopeful we can get something sorted out this week," said Miller.

"I'm keen to stay at Aberdeen. I hope we can come to an agreement and I'm confident that will happen."

The 24-year-old scored in the 5-1 defeat to Celtic yesterday.

Despite hitting eight league goals this term Miller insists he's yet to hit peak form.

Miller added: "There's still a lot more to come from me."

MILLER KEEN TO SIGN NEW CONTRACT AT PITTODRIE

12:00 - 11 February 2008

Lee Miller is ready to lift the pain at Pittodrie by committing his future to the club.

The striker, pictured, confirmed he's ready to pen a new Dons deal after weeks of talks.

The news will lift boss Jimmy Calderwood in the wake of the heavy Celtic defeat.

Miller wants to get things resolved this week which would be a boost ahead of Thursday's UEFA Cup showdown with Bayern Munich.

"We're still talking and I'm hopeful we can get something sorted out this week," said Miller.

"I'm keen to stay at Aberdeen. I hope we can come to an agreement and I'm confident that will happen."

The 24-year-old scored in the 5-1 defeat to Celtic yesterday.

Despite hitting eight league goals this term Miller insists he's yet to hit peak form.

Miller added: "There's still a lot more to come from me."

Would hope this means its as good as agreed, rather than as I would suspect going along the lines of

Miller - Boss ready to sign new deal. How much more money am I getting ?

JC - More money, no son thats not how it works, you'll be on less money as we've been paying you o'er the odds on account of taking o'er the contract Eddie thomson gave you at the Arabs.

Result, nae signing new contract after all :(

Would hope this means its as good as agreed, rather than as I would suspect going along the lines of

Miller - Boss ready to sign new deal. How much more money am I getting ?

JC - More money, no son thats not how it works, you'll be on less money as we've been paying you o'er the odds on account of taking o'er the contract Eddie thomson gave you at the Arabs.

Result, nae signing new contract after all :(

Aye - same story almost word for word as we had for Diamond, Hart and Nicholson!!

Pretty sure that article or something similar has been in the EE for Anderson, McNaughton and a few others over last few seasons who all went on to leave. In fact sure Barry Nic said something idenitcal just before he rejected his first contract.

Just a player covering his bases.

Pretty sure that article or something similar has been in the EE for Anderson, McNaughton and a few others over last few seasons who all went on to leave. In fact sure Barry Nic said something idenitcal just before he rejected his first contract.

Just a player covering his bases.

I know what you mean Jute but this seems a bit different, the rest have all had wee caveates within them "if the contract is right" etc.