Wednesday 19th June 2024

Euro 2024 -  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland v 🇨🇭Switzerland

kick-off 8pm

Coffee Shops

phoenix

The National today has a voucher that entitles us to a free(Illy) coffee in Patisserie Valerie(where Peckam's used to be in Union Square). Ordered a flat white - nope , Americano or standard only.

And the patisseries are dear with no sign of a buttery , the traditional northeast delicacy.

And nae as bohemian as I would like.

Six out of a possible ten.

I see Farage wants to bring smoking back into pubs , the fud!

A Hairy Man's a Happy Man

I like the 'coffee house' just off belmont street. It's great for lunch with the soup & sandwich deal for £7.

They have gluten free cakes and bread as well, which makes it a winner with the other half. Plus the coffee is from McBeans, so it's usually pretty good!

Smoking in pubs, very good, eejit.

world is getting taken over by coffee shops. I like  coffee and have about 4 cups a day, fit I have problem with is folk buying cup coffee and then walking down union street with it ,  you ken the types . there nae even  drinking it, and the folk with the coffee flasks marching to there work holding like its some Olympic torch . fuck aff ye pretentious tit and have cup before you leave the house .  . Oh book and beans is a local coffee shop buy a cup there rather than that bastards that fill union street .

What the fuck does it matter?

Butteries , fuckin' rowies , you guys wear your prejudices like badges.

Or walking down the street with a coffee , why not?

And a' fitba beets should be black , anything else is poovery.

Sheeeeesh!

Rejoice in the diversity...or must we all confirm?    :spaz:

I like fuds.

Nae if they say buttery though.

:laughing:  :thumbsup:

I had a real pleasant morning , the Sun was out , the sky was blue , I checked out the breeks and jeckits in TK Max , one of my favourite shops , funcied a pair of lime green trousers to fit my new slim line bodi. Only bought a set of precision tools tho'...handy for opening up assorted smart phones.

world is getting taken over by coffee shops. I like  coffee and have about 4 cups a day, fit I have problem with is folk buying cup coffee and then walking down union street with it ,  you ken the types . there nae even  drinking it, and the folk with the coffee flasks marching to there work holding like its some Olympic torch . fuck aff ye pretentious tit and have cup before you leave the house .  . Oh book and beans is a local coffee shop buy a cup there rather than that bastards that fill union street .

That and folk that go to work early only to have breakfast there, and start later than anyone else.

Tits, the lot of them.

Ordered a flat white - nope , Americano or standard only.

Fit?  I mean fit? Fit the fuck ye spikkin aboot?

Coffee is either black, or white, it can have sugar, or not.

This utter poncery you get nowadays is nothing but an excuse to charge £4.75 for something that costs 10p.

And don't get me started on asking for a white coffee, and getting force fed hot milk.

Life can be so much more enjoyable if you cease to be alarmed about 'poovery'. Naebuddy these days thinks you're a poof if you wear pink fitba beets or ask for a flat white or Americano. We are(mostly) more sophisticated today , travel has broadened the mind but some of us are happy to remain teuchars and there's fuck all wrang wi' that either.

Life can be so much more enjoyable if you cease to be alarmed about 'poovery'. Naebuddy these days thinks you're a poof if you wear pink fitba beets or ask for a flat white or Americano. We are(mostly) more sophisticated today , travel has broadened the mind but some of us are happy to remain teuchars and there's fuck all wrang wi' that either.

Quite right Phoen, I have quite a wardrobe of "cerise" golf shirts, and white golf troos, but "latte" is nothing but poofery, as indeed is calling stuff "poovery" with a v, instead of poofery with a la-tay.

just sayin.

Personal preferences. Human rights these days demand that we should respect personal preferences.

That's all well and good if you live in London or Leicester but surely to fuck in Aberdeen we can play by different rules, the old school rules, intolerance and parochialism being very much to the fore, the sound you may hear when you walk into the pub I'm in with your cerise white combo, particularly if I've had a few.

Fuck getting all upset about coffee. Fuck even being interested in coffee. Tea is where it's at. Not in a cardboard or plastic cup. Just a mug of tea. Coffee is good very occasionally and only when abroad. It doesn't taste good in Scotland. Even if was the exact same product as something passable in Europe, it still doesn't taste good.

Poofs are poofs. They can do whatever the fuck they want in the privacy of their own environment. Just stay in your boxes though faggots. You start pushing for rights to have kids and I'll get the Harry Enfield NO persona on to you. That's just wrong, homosexuals parenting kids. It's like pretending that homosexuality is normal. We wonder why the country's in a mess with all these public school wankers and their bottoms not being virgin to cock?

what is a flat white? :dunno:

what is a flat white? :dunno:

If you don't like your cappuccino or latte too milky , as I don't , then ask for a flat white , G_G.

Occasionally I go for the Americano , without the milk.

I have coffee every Saturday morning wi' a half-dizzen ither wrinkles and we all like our coffee in different flavours and strengths - cappuccinos , Americanos , espressos , flat whites ,  lattes. Some of them even like hot chocolate - now that is poovery !  :P

It is not the different origin of the coffee bean we are talking here , ergo flavour(like whisky , beer or wine ) , it's the strength of the cup of coffee and the ratio of h2o to milk and preparation thereof.

'Vive la difference' but there are those who like to keep it simple by asking for 'black' or 'white'. This will ellicit further interrogation from your 'barrista'(like a barman , only in a coffee shop) because dedicated coffee shops offer more complexity or choice , if you will.

thought you would lads.  after my party days came to a nightmare end , coffee has been my drink  :laughing: book and beans good place , take my ma there a lot and guy it owns it supports the dons . I  am just a straight black coffee with dash milk nothing to fancy apart fae it being strong. 

I've never been a tea or coffee drinker. Not a fan at all.

But when it comes to football boots.. Have all the colours you want. I don't care. But at least have some fucking black ones available so that I have the choice not to buy poove boots!