Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

January transfer window 2014 - Rooney in, Alan Tate signs, Wylde out

I don't get the love in with Hector. He's a good player for sure, but his use of the ball out of defence was tragic at times; often just leathering the ball up the park when there is no pressure on him. If he was to come back I think it'd be good for us but I'm not convinced he's a requirement, and if he's not an option for us long term I'd rather we used Joe at right back.

Some of the things I've read about the guy you'd think he was a cross between Miller, Beckenbauer and Baresi.

Wouldn't subscribe to the notion of a love-in but agree with pretty much all of the rest. With Tate coming in it doesn't seem essential to get him back but McInnes seems very keen to get him back. Think it's his apparent flexibility.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Wylde only found out the night before he was going - sent a few messages to other youth players asking if they were busy to help him pack up. McInnes said today he lacked the drive to break into the 1st team but will be interesting to see if anything else is said in time.

I remember him being prolific but a bit too similar to Vernon if you ask me

44 goals in 104 games for Caley (1 in 2.36)

4 in 18 for Birmingham (1 in 4.5)

9 in 29 for Swindon (1 in 3.2)

4 in 22 for Oldham (1 in 5.5)

Vernon's average for us is apparently 1 in 4.5 but how much of that is down to service?

44 goals in 104 games for Caley (1 in 2.36)

4 in 18 for Birmingham (1 in 4.5)

9 in 29 for Swindon (1 in 3.2)

4 in 22 for Oldham (1 in 5.5)

Vernon's average for us is apparently 1 in 4.5 but how much of that is down to service?

Vernon also played as a left midfielder for a lot of the time.

Vernon's record in a pretty wretched side under McGhee in particular is actually fairly decent I think, all things considered. Scored goals under Brown at the start IIRC correctly, but he must have played a fair whack of games out of position.  If Vernon's not a front man, he's nothing really.