Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

January transfer window 2014 - Rooney in, Alan Tate signs, Wylde out

Awrabest to Chris Clark, thanks for the memories. Although the only memory I can instantly recall was the one about him being part of hebrew's fantasy threesome...?  Anyway, good dons man, did his bit for the club, hope he gets sorted with another club soon.

My favourite Chris Clark memory is the time he halfed Hutton at Pittodrie.

Good luck to him.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FORMER Don Chris Clark said he is ready for the next chapter in his career.

The 33-year-old has signed for Highland League champions Cove Rangers until the end of the season, with the option of an extension, following his release from Aberdeen last week.

The midfielder ends a 20-year association with the Dons, having spent more than a decade in Aberdeen’s first-team over two spells with the club.

The Elgin-born player, who joined the club at just 13, made his debut as a teenager in the 1999-2000 season before establishing himself as a regular.

The utility player earned a £200,000 move to Plymouth Argyle in 2008, before returning to Pittodrie in June 2011.

However, Clark was released from Aberdeen last week after struggling to break into Dons manager Derek McInnes’ first-team plans.

“It was really difficult to leave Aberdeen – I was gutted, to be honest,” Clark said.

“I had been with the club since I was 13 and was brought all the way through the system.

“I was always proud to say I played for Aberdeen and I was lucky enough to have two spells at Pittodrie.

“In the end it became a mutual decision. I wasn’t forced out in any way and I still had a contract until the end of the season. But it was just the right time to go.

“I appreciate everything the club did for me and the fans have always been fantastic to me.

“Growing up an Aberdeen fan myself, that meant a lot to me.

“It was the hardest thing that I have had to do in football. It was really hard to say goodbye to all the people behind the scenes.

“But it is time to move on – when one window closes another one opens.”