Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

January transfer window 2014 - Rooney in, Alan Tate signs, Wylde out

Not keen on Goodwillie coming. Off field issues have clearly affected him. Also stories of attitude problems and not training properly having doing the rounds since before he left United the first time. Is he really the sort of player we want bring in to a dressing room that has only just been cleared of the last lot of slackers? Finally most Arabs will tell you Goodwillie plays well in an orthodox 4-4-2 and stuggles as the loan central striker. Would we change our current system to accommodate his style of play?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be happy to have Goodwillie. If the rumour is true of him coming to us initially on loan with the option to sign him at the end of that then why not? He won't be cup-tied forever. He's more than good enough to make it worth the punt IMO my opinion. If he joins us and does fuck all then we simply decline the option to sign him at the end. In the meantime we try and pay as little as possible towards the boy's wages. He's too good a player to turn out noses up at just because he's not on a rich vane of form with Dundee United.

This.

Not keen on Goodwillie coming. Off field issues have clearly affected him. Also stories of attitude problems and not training properly having doing the rounds since before he left United the first time. Is he really the sort of player we want bring in to a dressing room that has only just been cleared of the last lot of slackers? Finally most Arabs will tell you Goodwillie plays well in an orthodox 4-4-2 and stuggles as the loan central striker. Would we change our current system to accommodate his style of play?

Our strikers are patently not doing well enough as a group, we could do with another player in there and he is a good player. I accept the argument he's cup tied but if he scores even just 5 or 6 goals the chances are it'll be worthwhile.

If his attitude is pish, he won't play, if he doesn't train, he won't play. But aye, McInnes will be looking to disrupt the dressing room. Frankly if that group of players can't handle the introduction of Goodwillie they are not the players I think they are and McInnes isn't the manager I think he is.   

All fair points well made funster, but I guess you can never please everyone.  I'll happily eat humble pie should we sign him and he prove to be a success.

In other "news"

Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes is confident that Reading will allow him to take defender Michael Hector on loan again. (Daily Express)

All fair points well made funster, but I guess you can never please everyone.  I'll happily eat humble pie should we sign him and he prove to be a success.

In other "news"

Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes is confident that Reading will allow him to take defender Michael Hector on loan again. (Daily Express)

I hope that means that either Tate and/or Hector will still be having their wages paid by their parent clubs whilst with us and if that is the case I'd be very happy to have Hector back. I don't think he's worth a big chunk of wages though in all honesty.

I don't get the love in with Hector. He's a good player for sure, but his use of the ball out of defence was tragic at times; often just leathering the ball up the park when there is no pressure on him. If he was to come back I think it'd be good for us but I'm not convinced he's a requirement, and if he's not an option for us long term I'd rather we used Joe at right back.

Some of the things I've read about the guy you'd think he was a cross between Miller, Beckenbauer and Baresi. 

I don't get the love in with Hector. He's a good player for sure, but his use of the ball out of defence was tragic at times; often just leathering the ball up the park when there is no pressure on him. If he was to come back I think it'd be good for us but I'm not convinced he's a requirement, and if he's not an option for us long term I'd rather we used Joe at right back.

Some of the things I've read about the guy you'd think he was a cross between Miller, Beckenbauer and Baresi.

Another thing that he likes to do is try funcy tricky shit which often lands up with him losing the ball and it cost us a goal against Hearts at Pittodrie. He's a good player and I'm not adverse to having him back but I agree - I don't think it's a requirement.

St Mirren have made a loan bid for Gregg Wylde that could free up funds for the Dons to move for Goodwillie. (Express)

This works for all parties in my opinion if a loan deal until end of season. Potentially gives Wylde game time he isn't getting with us, and gives us an opportunity to see if he can cut it in SPL.

Evening Depress (fat postie) makes no mention of loan deal and just says set to sign for St Midden in next 48 hours. Not keen upon a permanent transfer, but in McInnes I trust, so will accept either I guess.

This works for all parties in my opinion if a loan deal until end of season. Potentially gives Wylde game time he isn't getting with us, and gives us an opportunity to see if he can cut it in SPL.

Evening Depress (fat postie) makes no mention of loan deal and just says set to sign for St Midden in next 48 hours. Not keen upon a permanent transfer, but in McInnes I trust, so will accept either I guess.

I'd assume he's on a good wage and hasn't played since the Thistle cup game(?) so might be best for everyone if he leaves.

Shitey rumours like that will always appear after an incident like this. The boy just didn't justify his wage and Deek has decided to cut his losses. Best for all involved. Apparently he's on a nae bad wage which is obviously wasted on a player sitting on the bench. Pawlett's fantastic form has done Wylde no favours in terms of getting game time with us.