Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

January transfer window 2014 - Rooney in, Alan Tate signs, Wylde out

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile David Goodwillie, who has been on loan at Dundee United from Blackburn Rovers, is poised to join Aberdeen on loan when his spell at Tannadice concludes after Sunday's match against Inverness.    Full story: Sun (print edition)

NO........

So, are the folk saying no questioning the judgement of the manager in signing a promising striker who cost a EPL club 1.5 million quid not so long ago?

As a person, don't know him, not sure I'd want to either, as player, very decent and I'm satisfied McInnes will get something out of him. Our other 2 strikers are not prolific.

So, are the folk saying no questioning the judgement of the manager in signing a promising striker who cost a EPL club 1.5 million quid not so long ago?

As a person, don't know him, not sure I'd want to either, as player, very decent and I'm satisfied McInnes will get something out of him. Our other 2 strikers are not prolific.

Completely agree with this!

As a player he's unable to command a place in a team with 10 points less than us.

It'd obviously be good for Vernon to be more prolific but it's not just about scoring, his link up play with the midfield is very important. Can't see Goodwillie fitting into our system, not quickly anyway.

Vernon stopped scoring when we sold bebo, and we've never replaced the delivery he provided from wide. That's the issue, not the striker.

I'd rather see us bring in someone who can cross, not some temporary bawbag who'll push Smith/McManus further down the pecking order.

He signed Zola - McInnes is human not a god, he will get some things wrong.

Anyway can see us signing a cup tied player.

Zola is part of a squad that's 2nd.

But yeah, if he signs, McInnes has made a cunt of it, so let's slate him and Goodwillie before he's even got a fucking blazer on. Dons fans at their best.

:lolabove:

Funster min I still remember you outside the pub after McGhees first leage game ranting and raving that he should be sacked and binning the players he signed  :thumbsup:

:lolabove:

Funster min I still remember you outside the pub after McGhees first leage game ranting and raving that he should be sacked and binning the players he signed  :thumbsup:

You're way off. I was complaining that JC shouldn't have been sacked and McGhee was not the right appointment. Having watched the match that day the players DID look shite and it's not like I was wrong, was it? Bearing in mind it wasn't his first competitive match, was it? We'd already had the infamous Sigma debacle.

But yeah, we're talking about signing a good player, a manager with a good record (you may check that on Wikipedia if you fancy) and there's folk moaning. Brilliant.

Can't say I've moaned about it funster. I've expressed an opinion that I think he'd upset the good vibe within the club at the mo. We've just got rid of the primadonnas from the club, but I guess if anyone is able to bring the best out of him, McInnes is a good bet. I hope this happens to be the case, should he sign.

Perhaps it may go something like this

'Right Dave yer former team don't want ya, Crystal Palace don't want ya and now Blackburn don't want ya.'

If you want to save yer career and not end up in the Scottish championship or lower you need to buck up yer ideas quick. We have you till the end of the season so that's 16 games to show everyone what you are meant to be capable of'

Zola is part of a squad that's 2nd.

But yeah, if he signs, McInnes has made a cunt of it, so let's slate him and Goodwillie before he's even got a fucking blazer on. Dons fans at their best.

Ok perhaps I should have expanded upon my one word response of NO.

My concerns are as follows.

Goodwillie is cup tied for both League and Scottish Cup.

Goodwillie will be looking for a decent wedge.

Goodwillie's form whilst at the Arabs hasn't exactly been inspiring

Goodwillie may upset harmony in the dressing room

Goodwillie will only be available for sixteen games. How many of those will he need to get up to speed, and then fuck off out the door in May.

My point is simply that I reckon there must be better options out there,....... just don't ask me who they are, but then again I'm not paid to find them.

IF however, as rumours elsewhere seem to be suggesting that this loan deal includes the option to sign him on a free (with his contract paid up to him at end of loan period) then this could be worth a punt.

Will see what the next forty eight hours or so brings us ;)

Ok perhaps I should have expanded upon my one word response of NO.

My concerns are as follows.

Goodwillie is cup tied for both League and Scottish Cup.

Goodwillie will be looking for a decent wedge.

Goodwillie's form whilst at the Arabs hasn't exactly been inspiring

Goodwillie may upset harmony in the dressing room

Goodwillie will only be available for sixteen games. How many of those will he need to get up to speed, and then fuck off out the door in May.

Exactly!

I'd be happy to have Goodwillie. If the rumour is true of him coming to us initially on loan with the option to sign him at the end of that then why not? He won't be cup-tied forever. He's more than good enough to make it worth the punt IMO my opinion. If he joins us and does fuck all then we simply decline the option to sign him at the end. In the meantime we try and pay as little as possible towards the boy's wages. He's too good a player to turn out noses up at just because he's not on a rich vane of form with Dundee United.