Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

January transfer window 2014 - Rooney in, Alan Tate signs, Wylde out

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Official site reporting it as a season long loan deal as opposed to the remainder of the season.

Does this mean in effect he will be with them until this time next year. If so, not sure I'm keen on this at all, unless of course we can recall him at any such time as we decide  ???

Official site reporting it as a season long loan deal as opposed to the remainder of the season.

Does this mean in effect he will be with them until this time next year. If so, not sure I'm keen on this at all, unless of course we can recall him at any such time as we decide  ???

Poorly worded.

McInnes said in his press conference that's it's until the end of the season.

McManus is back from Alloa.

Poorly worded.

McInnes said in his press conference that's it's until the end of the season.

McManus is back from Alloa.

Ah thanks for that Stewart, thought it was a really strange term for a loan.

Now you've cleared that up for me, I'm all back in favour of his loan move.

Look forward to hearing of him scoring against The Rangers.

Go get them son.

Was just about to post that!

Can someone check on jute please? He'll be heartbroken!

I had just about forgotten he was at the club.

Best for all concerned if this can go through. Zola is clearly not cut out/good enough for our level of football and best for the boy if he returns to 4th division where he will be at his level. If he goes we can use wages to bring a striker who can actually play football.

From today's BBC Sport Scotland Gossip Column...

Burton Albion are keen to take back Calvin Zola after the striker failed to become a first-team regular with Aberdeen since his summer move from the League Two outfit.

:o

If someone can get him down to Glasgow this weekend, I'll drive him the rest of the way.

In his defence however, I do feel more that a little sorry for him and the way it has worked out. Bottom line he has not had a fair crack of the whip from the typically incompetent referees, who right from the word go have been far to ready to give every decision against him.

Will always be grateful for his winner against the Arabs though  :thumbsup:

I dont think Zola is a bad player as such, I just think we play a bad style of football when he plays. Look at our last defeat, first half we played flowing, at times brilliant one touch football, Zola comes on as we look for an equaliser and Anderson is humping 60 yard balls up the park, it just doesn't suit us when we have the likes of Hayes, Pawlett, Jack, McGinn, Robson etc who play on the deck and open teams up.

I'd have loved to have seen Zola work for us but Vernon is definitely well ahead of him and probably Magennis too. Think getting him off the wage bill and replaced by someone who will fit into our style of play better would be a massive coup for the remainer of the season, looked like he has just going to take up a space on the bench and take a big pay packet home.