Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

St Johnstone v Aberdeen

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aberdeen played very well today, and MBT, as soon as Anderson went off we sat deeper and deeper and that prob cost the goal.  Anderson is a fucking great player for us.

As I have said often enough I hope he is brilliant for us, but I am still to be convinced he was/is worth the spunk-fest over his re-signing. I'd be saying the same if it was 40 years ago and it was Martin Buchan, with an injury record. You got that? Call me cynical if you like.

Fuck off with that shite.

Vernon played really well today and his two headed goals that were chopped off were superb finishes and he doesn't deserve such derision.  Could have been offside, but in all fairness, his performance perked up after the first and I think that signals that the guy just needs a goal to get his season going.

Aberdeen played very well today, and MBT, as soon as Anderson went off we sat deeper and deeper and that prob cost the goal.  Anderson is a fucking great player for us.

Fraser had a good game and I have to say the balance of Hughes, rae and Jack in midfield is good. It seems an unpopular opinion but i really like Hughes. Constantly looks to get beyond the midfield (his back heel to Hayes...superb) but also isn't afraid to go back if needed.

I've always rated hughes as a player, was delighted when we signed him as he  could actually give us the guile we have have lacked for so long to split teams open.  A regular run in the first team will be the making of him

Does Milsom want to leave?

I was just thinking that.  Seems to be a lot of people thinking that because he's not playing that he's on his way out. 

Wasn't he only getting back to full fitness during pre-season after a bad injury towards the end of last season? Seems perfectly reasonable that he's not forced his way back in yet and there's nothing at all to say that he wants out

Yep dont get it myself either, been a great player for us

no doubting the contribution he's made. fans are too often all about absolutes, like a shite game means you're a shite player.

i personally think vernon's a victim of his own success and brown's policy of always playing safe. should've been subbed against county because he was having a shocker, and should've probably been on the bench at parkhead because the system we play there means vernon was always going to be a passenger. just because he's scored a few doesn't mean he's the best option every time, but stick him up front from the start against most opposition and he'll definitely contribute.

As I have said often enough I hope he is brilliant for us, but I am still to be convinced he was/is worth the spunk-fest over his re-signing. I'd be saying the same if it was 40 years ago and it was Martin Buchan, with an injury record. You got that? Call me cynical if you like.

Your attitude re Anderson is embarrassing. The fact you don't go along with the "spunk-fest" is fine, but you do the guy down so often and that to me isn't fine. He's the best CH we can get and the guy loves the club. Injury record or not, he is by far the best CH in the country. 

He's strolled through each league game this season.  He's not Miller, but not many are, he doesn't deserve derision for that.

Was there a "spunkfest" though? You'd need to have lived in a fucking cave for the last 5 years to not know Anderson is injury prone.

BB is right, he's better than we have any right to expect and should be happy with every minute we get from him.

The "spunkfest" notion just gives the cunt a context for his pish.

My god, the minute he left people were crying out for him to return, just about every week there was an "Anderson to return?" thread.

I hope he plays on til he's 40 and is a real superstar for us, I really do, I just don't think he's as good as poeple want to think.

Fuck it, if I said something similar about Mackie or whoever else there wouldn't be such a fucking witch-hunt, now, would there?

Mackie / Anderson is a ridiculous comparison though. 

Anderson is very capable in his position, does his job week in-week out, and would give his all for the cause.

There was no 'spunkfest' from me, quite the opposite in fact as I doubted we'd ever see a fully fit Anderson again.  But having witnessed his performances in the past few weeks we should be very pleased he's back in our team.  We look organised, focused, and hard-to-beat.

I'm relishing the months ahead in a way that I didn't think possible in the post Calderwood era.

My god, the minute he left people were crying out for him to return, just about every week there was an "Anderson to return?" thread.

I hope he plays on til he's 40 and is a real superstar for us, I really do, I just don't think he's as good as poeple want to think.

Fuck it, if I said something similar about Mackie or whoever else there wouldn't be such a fucking witch-hunt, now, would there?

srsly-you-guys1_large.gif

This.  I certainly don't remember anybody getting carried away when we re-signed him.

Pretty sure we all had our doubts when he re-signed but he has proved us all wrong. It is great to have a competent centre half, now with a bit of non spl experience organising things again. Hopefully he can keep himself fit, and being the professional he is, I don't have any doubts about it.

Brown has made two masterstroke signings this summer, Anderson being one, and naysmith being the other.

WTF the fuck are you basing this on? ??? I know you live far away so you can't go to games but maybe if you did you'd realise why there's this "witch hunt". You're talking pish, min. As someone else said (forgive me, I can't remember who and I can't be arsed going back to check) Anderson is already proving himself to be one of the best CB backs in the league.

OK, so we've got the makings of a good team, one of our recent 'legends' is proving to be still on form despite struggling elsewhere with form and injuries, our top scorer had two chalked off and we've completely dominated a game and picked up three points BUT we're all moaning about it?

Phew, normal service has resumed.

Jimmy Brown must go.

OK, so we've got the makings of a good team, one of our recent 'legends' is proving to be still on form despite struggling elsewhere with form and injuries, our top scorer had two chalked off and we've completely dominated a game and picked up three points BUT we're all moaning about it?

Phew, normal service has resumed.

Jimmy Brown must go.

Take it you didn't read the thread? Who other than arguably MBT is moaning? ???