Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

DT Politics Thread

I 'shared' a news story in the off topic section of an aberdeen supporters message board.

I can only presume you are quite a sensitive soul who cannot stand any notion that there may have been a couple of blokes outside a polling office who made an ill advised joke which through the wonders of social media, political spin and good old fashioned Chinese whispers was sent down the wire to a Conservative MSP who chose to tweet it into the public domain and therefore into the media.

Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing as you have demonstrated already by refering to me as a lying cunt although you still havent used that freedom of speech to point out where I have lied?

Lying is stating something is truth/ fact when you know fine well it is neither.

Given I dont live in Annan, am not Ruth Davidson or a telegraph journalist I have the option to decide if I think it is true or mere scaremongering until further information is brought to light or i stop caring.

By your logic I could suggest you are a liar for posting Jim Murpheys 'barging a protestor' video as evidence he was behind the unpleasant scenes at St Enoch last weekend.

But back to the election

Labour 3

Conservative 1

645 seats to go

Lib dems have lost their deposit in all 4 declared seats so far.

Cannot believe what people have done in England. I'm embarrassed to be living here and the worst thing is I know plenty of Tory voters.

Edit: the only comfort is that London did the right thing, and took seats of those blue cunts.

Cannot believe what people have done in England. I'm embarrassed to be living here and the worst thing is I know plenty of Tory voters.

I think it's a mixture of Tories capitalising on England's fears about an SNP/Labour coalition, together with the fact that Labour have/had a very weak leader.  But the ball started rolling when Salmond said he would be writing the Labour budget!

It's 1979 all over again, the SNP helping deliver a majority Tory government.  Expect Cameron to offer devo max pretty quickly.

There's also a rise in UKIP voters - 3.5 million I think (twice as much as SNP?)!  Only good thing about FPTP was keeping their seats to a bare minimum.

As for the Lib Dems, it's a genuine shame for Charles Kennedy IMHO.  Anti-coalition, anti-war, and a very decent bloke and good constituency MP.

Having a political opinion is like have a great big COCK.

Be proud of it. Share it with those who want to share it with you.

BUT DON'T show it off persistently in public, and certainly don't ram it down people's throats.

This. Except I know a lot of people who I suspect are Tory voters but would never admit it (at least in front of me).

Bunch of tight fisted, selfish, self important imbeciles, lacking in original thought and with a complete lack of social conscience.

the SNP helping deliver a majority Tory government

What absolute pish - has it ever occured to you that maybe just maybe folk voted for the SNP for their policies and for the fact they are an anti austerity party - give voters credit for voting for what they believe in

A massive change swept through Scotland last night  and it has fuck all to do with the tories

Having a political opinion is like have a great big COCK.

Be proud of it. Share it with those who want to share it with you.

BUT DON'T show it off persistently in public, and certainly don't ram it down people's throats.

For the avoidance of any doubt that was posted as a joke.

Picked it up on Facebook in the early hours of this morning, thought it particularly relevant of sharing at the time.

All for good debate folks :thumbsup:

What absolute pish - has it ever occured to you that maybe just maybe folk voted for the SNP for their policies and for the fact they are an anti austerity party - give voters credit for voting for what they believe in

A massive change swept through Scotland last night  and it has fuck all to do with the tories

Many voted because there was a chance that they could be in a coalition and actually have a say.  But now we have another 5 years of austerity, unless Cameron reaches out to the SNP which he really has to do.

English voters have rejected the SNP.  If they wanted a coalition of Labour/SNP they would have voted for it.