Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

DT Politics Thread

to be honest, if i was Nicola sturgeon, i would have said if liebour do not want our support, then give it to the tories

Then liebour up here would be dead just like the tories.

...and then those possible 59 SNP seats become 9, 10 maybe 15 if we're lucky.

The SNP are tied to Liebour, and Liebour are tied to the SNP, indeed from the very next morning they've been backpeddling from their clearly nonsensical "I won't do a deal" pish.

...and then those possible 59 SNP seats become 9, 10 maybe 15 if we're lucky.

The SNP are tied to Liebour, and Liebour are tied to the SNP, indeed from the very next morning they've been backpeddling from their clearly nonsensical "I won't do a deal" pish.

An extremely depressing suggestion.

'I'm right behind ya Nic.....whats that....you'd do a deal with thatcher's crew? Fuck you ya turncoat.'

If it turned out to be true it would say a great deal about the SNPs current increased support ie they would rather sacrifice a shot at actually having their party influencing the UK parliament just because of their potential Bed Fellows.

Are we destined to see another party in Yellow go tits up over the next 5 years?

But then again so many people vote with their gut which is why the press still have so much influence.

Anyway had to put up with the SNP 4x4 megaphone driving past my office on numerous occasions and they were in full tartan shortbread tin mode with their little campaign desk outside Partick station. As with the referendum they seemed to take one look at me and suddenly they werent handing out leaflets or talking to people.

I'm starting to feel like Bill Hicks with the right wing christians

The SNP are exactly the same as the rest - promise you everything as long as you vote for them - it's all bullshit. Vote SNP get Tory end of.

How's that work then? SNP will never back a Tory government. As long as England and Wales returns enough Labour MPs to block a Tory Queens speech in conjunction with the SNP then no Tory government. If England does not return enough Labour MPs to block a Tory Queens speech with the SNP then it does not matter who Scotland voted for.

If it turned out to be true it would say a great deal about the SNPs current increased support ie they would rather sacrifice a shot at actually having their party influencing the UK parliament just because of their potential Bed Fellows.

Are we destined to see another party in Yellow go tits up over the next 5 years?

And why did that first party go tits up again?  Which is exactly (other than you know - there are no points of agreement) why the SNP won't deal with a Tory party that Scotland has made clear for over 20 years they want no part of.

And why did that first party go tits up again?  Which is exactly (other than you know - there are no points of agreement) why the SNP won't deal with a Tory party that Scotland has made clear for over 20 years they want no part of.

The reasons for them going tits up can be argued long into the night

- Being naive and too eager for power to read the fine print?

- The UK public not understanding the concept of an uneven coalition (5 Tories for every 1 Lib Dem) and presuming both Lib Dem and Tory policies would be implemented (even through they contradicted each other)

- Not having the balls to stick to their PR voting system policy for future elections and then being extremely fucking lazy and naive in the corresponding alternative vote campaign (Way too easily stitched up by both Labour and the Tories on that one)

- Being shite at dirty tactics and waiting till now to 'leak' unpopular and controversial tory policies (Cameron and Co would never have walked away from this coalition so Lib Dems could have stuck the knife in years ago)

- Not having the balls to say 'ah fuck right off we quit. Call another election right now'

My point is if you are an SNP voter who is expecting a Labour/ SNP Coalition and will turn nasty if a Conservative/ SNP appears on May 10th they why bother voting for the Nats in the first place?

You either want a stronger Scots Nats voice at Westminster or you don't.

If you think a coalition which is minimum 4.5 labour-ites  for every 1 Scot nat is going to be any fairer in the negotiation stakes then think again.

The tragedy of the FPTP system means we will always end up with tory or labour in some way or another and as has been suggested before they are essentially as bad as each other.

We had the chance to change this 4 years ago but the great British public happily voted to keep the status quo.

It actually made me want to strangle a friend of mine when she said she had voted against changing the system because

1) 'I want everyone to have just one vote so the government is always chosen by the majority of the UK

2) 'The other way seems way too confusing and I dont want the hassle on polling day'

She looked a bit perplexed when I pointed out Labour had formed 3 previous 'majority' governments with less than 45% of the vote ie the majority actually voted against them. I then asked how much hassle she had during the Scottish elections but she chose to change the subject

The reasons for them going tits up can be argued long into the night

- Being naive and too eager for power to read the fine print?

- The UK public not understanding the concept of an uneven coalition (5 Tories for every 1 Lib Dem) and presuming both Lib Dem and Tory policies would be implemented (even through they contradicted each other)

- Not having the balls to stick to their PR voting system policy for future elections and then being extremely fucking lazy and naive in the corresponding alternative vote campaign (Way too easily stitched up by both Labour and the Tories on that one)

- Being shite at dirty tactics and waiting till now to 'leak' unpopular and controversial tory policies (Cameron and Co would never have walked away from this coalition so Lib Dems could have stuck the knife in years ago)

- Not having the balls to say 'ah fuck right off we quit. Call another election right now'

My point is if you are an SNP voter who is expecting a Labour/ SNP Coalition and will turn nasty if a Conservative/ SNP appears on May 10th they why bother voting for the Nats in the first place?

If you think a coalition which is minimum 4.5 labour-ites  for every 1 Scot nat is going to be any fairer in the negotiation stakes then think again.

The tragedy of the FPTP system means we will always end up with tory or labour in some way or another and as has been suggested before they are essentially as bad as each other.

We had the chance to change this 4 years ago but the great British public happily voted to keep the status quo.

It actually made me want to strangle a friend of mine when she said she had voted against changing the system because

1) 'I want everyone to have just one vote so the government is always chosen by the majority of the UK

2) 'The other way seems way too confusing and I dont want the hassle on polling day'

She looked a bit perplexed when I pointed out Labour had formed 3 previous 'majority' governments with less than 45% of the vote ie the majority actually voted against them. I then asked how much hassle she had during the Scottish elections but she chose to change the subject

Reason Liberals are fucked is they proved to be whores who sold their morals to the first party that gave them a whiff of power. Latest manefesto just confirms that.

Thats one way of putting it

However based on results in 2010 a coalition government that didn't involve the tories would have required the following

Labout 258

Lib Dem 57

And then minimum 11 seats from the following parties so you would end up with a minimum 4 party coalition

DUP 8

SNP 6

Sinn Feinn 5

Plaid Cymru 3

SDLP 3

Green 1

Alliance 1

Independant 1

Lib dems whores you say?

Or was it sheer laziness on behalf of all the parties and the wish to avoid the potential powderkeg of picking say the SNP, Plaid Cymry and just one of the Northern Ireland Parties?

But your point is bollocks. There will NEVER be any sort of SNP/Tory alliance.

And n o, I don't - despite being a lifelong SNP voter - want a stronger SNP voice at Westminster, I want a stronger SCOTTISH voice, and that means not dealing with a party who have proved, especially in the last month, that Scotland means fuck all to them.

But your point is bollocks. There will NEVER be any sort of SNP/Tory alliance.

And n o, I don't - despite being a lifelong SNP voter - want a stronger SNP voice at Westminster, I want a stronger SCOTTISH voice, and that means not dealing with a party who have proved, especially in the last month, that Scotland means fuck all to them.

There are already SNP/ Conservative Alliances in 4 Scottish Councils so no reason why there could never be one at Westminster.

Politics is a dirty horrible business

Hypothetical question

If Nicola announces between now and Wednesday that she has an agreement with David Cameron will you either

A) Not bother voting

B) Vote Labour

C) Vote for another party or independant

D) Spoil your ballot paper

Hypothetical question

Like the unending boring pish we've seen in the TV debates where the "winners" of indyref want to bring up a non-existent call for indyref2, your point is not relevant to the debate.

By all means start a new topic on hypotheticals, b ut lets get back on topic oinstead of talking utter pish.

Thanks G_G

Like the unending boring pish we've seen in the TV debates where the "winners" of indyref want to bring up a non-existent call for indyref2, your point is not relevant to the debate.

By all means start a new topic on hypotheticals, b ut lets get back on topic oinstead of talking utter pish.

Thanks G_G

I doth my hat (and ginger hair) to you sir

conan-bowing.gif

Murphy, specifically his campaign manager who did exactly the same strategy in Australia, engineered the conflict and aggro in Glasgow yesterday. It was a deliberate attempt to discredit "nationalists" and therefore a massive proportion of ordinary Scottish people.

He must think we're idiots not to see through him and his cheap, shallow lack of integrity. Problem is twofold; he's right, most folk are stupid and secondly, the office of public representation can not suffer persons of low integrity.

Murphy, specifically his campaign manager who did exactly the same strategy in Australia, engineered the conflict and aggro in Glasgow yesterday. It was a deliberate attempt to discredit "nationalists" and therefore a massive proportion of ordinary Scottish people.

He must think we're idiots not to see through him and his cheap, shallow lack of integrity. Problem is twofold; he's right, most folk are stupid and secondly, the office of public representation can not suffer persons of low integrity.

Yas min, that's fit politics is all about - being a deceptive cunt. About time there was some proper scandal, the whole thing has been a complete borefest. Any proof?

Yas min, that's fit politics is all about - being a deceptive cunt. About time there was some proper scandal, the whole thing has been a complete borefest. Any proof?

Pretty much my thoughts, I quite enjoy a bit of political intrigue and thought it was an obvious ploy. But why not  ;D

Complete and Utter BOLLOCKS!

Well, within minutes, local journals such as the Basingstoke gazette, a publication I'd be pretty sure reports daily on the goings on in Glasgow, had an item up online on the "violence" in Glasgow.

Elsewhere, the twitter account of Cliff Morgan (The Kilted kelpie), one of Blair McDougall's henchmen, posted "I was in the crowd today in Glasgow, it was a warzone".  Sadly for him, he forgot to turn off his location - Bulgaria  :rofl:

Folk trying to suggest the Jim Murphy thing was a set up is pretty laughable. The mans a cretin but going down the "Deflect Deflect Deflect" route does nobody any favours.

You seem pretty certain that it was not a set up?

Maybe you know fuck all about anything?

Or maybe you have concrete evidence to know that the possibility is "laughable".

Either way, you're a total fucking dick.

You seem pretty certain that it was not a set up?

Maybe you know fuck all about anything?

Or maybe you have concrete evidence to know that the possibility is "laughable".

Either way, you're a total fucking dick.

Steady on Rocket, no need for that. A forum is for opinions and debates, whether you agree with them or not.

Steady on Rocket, no need for that. A forum is for opinions and debates, whether you agree with them or not.

It's not a case of "steady on" and giving it faux outrage.

It's about what's right. This is Aberdeen. We don't play by Eton, Harrow or Rugby rules.

Should you have the critical thinking ability to read and digest, you would know.

The boy took one side by discrediting the other, but never said fuck all?

How fucking stupid are you defending that non-defence you fucking retard?

Call the pc polis. You've only got two days afore the election, you non-Aberdonian cretinous cunt.