Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

DT Politics Thread

It's not a case of "steady on" and giving it faux outrage.

It's about what's right. This is Aberdeen. We don't play by Eton, Harrow or Rugby rules.

Should you have the critical thinking ability to read and digest, you would know.

The boy took one side by discrediting the other, but never said fuck all?

How fucking stupid are you defending that non-defence you fucking retard?

Call the pc polis. You've only got two days afore the election, you non-Aberdonian cretinous cunt.

Jesus give it a rest will you? It got boring a long time ago.

It's not a case of "steady on" and giving it faux outrage.

It's about what's right. This is Aberdeen. We don't play by Eton, Harrow or Rugby rules.

Should you have the critical thinking ability to read and digest, you would know.

The boy took one side by discrediting the other, but never said fuck all?

How fucking stupid are you defending that non-defence you fucking retard?

Call the pc polis. You've only got two days afore the election, you non-Aberdonian cretinous cunt.

look-at-me.jpg

Folk trying to suggest the Jim Murphy thing was a set up is pretty laughable. The mans a cretin but going down the "Deflect Deflect Deflect" route does nobody any favours.

Come on now K, after all we saw at IndyRef, and having had a couple of days to digest this, you don't think this was Murphy's intent all along?

Come on now K, after all we saw at IndyRef, and having had a couple of days to digest this, you don't think this was Murphy's intent all along?

I can see how that would go down

'i've got a great idea. Lets send out Jim with a transvestite comedian into the centre of our largest city to campaign.

'Good idea'

'Aye and better yet lets get some anti scots nats PR going by arranging for there to be an aggressive mob to hassle them both'

'you sure thats not a bit....well dangerous?'

'How?'

Well its in a public place which we cant actually control and there is a bit of unrest among a great deal of the voting public so emotions can easily boil over. Its also a bank holiday weekend so chances are the city centre will be even busier than usual plus rangers are playing hearts in quite an important end of season game with a lunchtime kick off so theres a good chance there will be more drunken football fans in the centre who might see this as an excuse for causing trouble.'

But so many believe what they want to believe

'There are no dickheads, thugs, racists, bigots etc in;

my country/my football teams fans/ my political party/ my home town/ my church and so on. We are all angels

You seem pretty certain that it was not a set up?

Maybe you know fuck all about anything?

Or maybe you have concrete evidence to know that the possibility is "laughable".

Either way, you're a total fucking dick.

Just shoved the above through Google translate and it came back with:

Deflect, deflect, deflect

'There are no dickheads, thugs, racists, bigots etc in;

my country/my football teams fans/ my political party/ my home town/ my church and so on. We are all angels

Nobody is saying that.

however, 1. The point is creepy has form for setting this sort of thing up, & 2. The activists got a "tip-off" about where creepy would be appearing, as did the press who had already written their stories.

Regardless, lets look at the actual story here - creepy goes about shouting in public, three guys shout back, which has happened many times before, but somehow this time it's a "violent mob". And you don't think there was a plan here?

Put another way, you don't think Izzard dressing up as a wifie and then going walkies in Glasgow wasn't done deliberately as they thought they'd get some sort of homo-phobic abuse that they could peddle? When that failed to transpire they had to run with "violent", even though there was no suggestion of that whatsoever?

I presume you know who Eddie Izzard is?

He doesn't always by any means dress as a wifie.

Why did they do it in Glasgow? Hmmm, the SNP make great play of equality in all aspects of their policies, so what better way to show them up as "hypocrites" than to have a cross-dresser getting abused in the middle of Glasgow.

Oh fuck, that didna work, fit noo?  :dunno:

So that video you posted is your evidence for Jim Murphey's 'form'?

The title suggested a good old two handed shove or maybe an ice hockey body-check but instead he walks into a bit of cardboard. The power of suggestion as it were

I am a bit concerned at the paranoia which seems to be being displayed with this one. The fact the SNP took the decision to suspended two of its members suggests they don't see it that way and I wouldn't be surprised if there are a couple of slightly more senior party members getting their balls booted over the whole incident.

The press get a tip off? well I am shocked. The leader of the Scottish Labour party & Eddie Izzard will be campaigning on the streets of Glasgow less than a week before election day and the press were told it was going to happen. If it wasn't the Labour party themselves who called them up it would have been Eddie Izzards PR team or even someone from Police Scotland. There is no point having a campaign if nobody knows; a) its going to happen, and b) it happened.

As for provisional newspapers picking up the story. Oh I dunno maybe they picked it up from 'the wire' or if they as they used to call it. Local papers priority is to cover their local areas but they have to put some national/ international news to break up the local feel good issues. They have people trawling social media for it. Now if the Basingstoke gazzette has said 'to hell with whats going on in Hampshire, get everyone we can up to Glasgow as it appears there is going to be some handbags, and im not talking about the one Eddie will be wearing' then maybe the conspiracy theorists would have something.

Protestors getting tip offs? yeah because people who are prone to aggressive protesting only do it if someone picks up the phone and asks them to come along. The whole thing event would have been doing the rounds on social media days before it happened. Much like every time the BNP, SDL, EDL etc organise a march, a counter march is almost immediately organised by he anti fascist groups.

However there are apparently allegations one of Sturgeons spin doctors made a few phone calls

As for 'why did they do it in Glasgow?

Ever heard of the term 'Red clydeside'?

It has been Scotlands Labour heartland for years and if the polls are to be believed they are at risk of losing it to the SNP. It used to be you could put a red anorak on a furbie and the people would vote for it but ever since the referendum Labour have been looking north as it is an important area for them.

They are hardly going to bother making a big push in non traditional labour areas.

interesting that you linked homophobia to cross dressing. Ironically Mr izzard has covered this issue in several of his routines.

Tonight will be interesting anyway.

Channel 4s coverage seems to be the winner for me anyway. See Paxman in non official mode

I am a bit concerned at the paranoia which seems to be being displayed with this one. The fact the SNP took the decision to suspended two of its members suggests they don't see it that way and I wouldn't be surprised if there are a couple of slightly more senior party members getting their balls booted over the whole incident.

Well I believe it was staged because somebody said it was. On the internet. I'm going to need pretty conclusive evidence that it wasn't.

I presume you know who Eddie Izzard is?

Also can you enlighten me to this 'form' old Hannibal has?

No so much Jimbo but his political advisor John McTernan was accused of arranging similar incidents while working for Labour Party in Australia. Cannot find the link at the moment but he was allegedly tipping off Aboriginal rights protestors about where official Labour Party events were and then letting press know there was potential for trouble.

Given the amount of seats Labour look likely to lose in Scotland, I'm not surprised to see the Tories being predicted as the largest party in the exit polls. However, the size of the gap being shown between Labour and Tories is rather surprising!

Also can't see SNP winning 58 seats.

Given the amount of seats Labour look likely to lose in Scotland, I'm not surprised to see the Tories being predicted as the largest party in the exit polls. However, the size of the gap being shown between Labour and Tories is rather surprising!

Also can't see SNP winning 58 seats.

Just wait till the morning  ;D

Exit poll

Tory - 316 (+10)

Labour - 239 (-19)

SNP - 58 (+52)

Lib Dem - 10 (-47)

UKIP - 2 (+2)

Other parties + Speaker - 10

(this apparently doesnt include the Northern Ireland Parties)

Would rule out that Tory/UKIP coalition everyone was banging on about.

Now would the lib dems dare go back into a coalition with even less power or would old Dave & Nicola get it on?

Seriously? posted at half nine when the story was already totally and utterly rubbished by 4pm? Could you be any more anti-SNP?

I'm thinking "where this one takes us" is an apology from you?

Exit poll

Tory - 316 (+10)

Labour - 239 (-19)

SNP - 58 (+52)

Lib Dem - 10 (-47)

UKIP - 2 (+2)

Other parties + Speaker - 10

(this apparently doesnt include the Northern Ireland Parties)

Would rule out that Tory/UKIP coalition everyone was banging on about.

Now would the lib dems dare go back into a coalition with even less power or would old Dave & Nicola get it on?

Not a chance SNP will go near the Blue Tories. Would be political suicide.

Fair chance Cleggs whores will tie up again with Tories but most likely if these figures were right would be Tory minority government.

Seriously? posted at half nine when the story was already totally and utterly rubbished by 4pm? Could you be any more anti-SNP?

I'm thinking "where this one takes us" is an apology from you?

What exactly do you want an apology for?

If you are upset that I took it upon myself to pick and prod and 'atempt' to engage in debate with you regarding your political beliefs then i'm sorry you cant live in a world where everyone follows your point of view. if they did it could either be classed as boring or maybe a dictatorship

Its also no secret that I am anti-SNP but i'm pleased you have cottoned on and if you think you can somehow make me more anti SNP I welcome your input. I also welcome your input if you wish to try and bring me to your way of thinking so that come May 2017 I might have some more guidance in my decision

Some might call me a bleeding heart lefty but on occasion ive been refered to as a nazi communist. That last one intrigues me still but its always nice to have a bit of a debate and it is intriguing seeing how people react when they can easily label you with one of the current political parties.

The exit poll does interest me as we could see the first minority government for 41 years. The tories will need to think carefully how they tread as a majority opposition can call for another general election within the year if they don't like how things are going.

Maybe the majority opposition could call for the FPTP system to be scrapped and completely overhaul the system?

Maybe the SNP would use the situation to their advantage by keeping the tory minority in power in exchange for more powers for scotland or perhaps even that magical 2nd referendum?

who knows it could for once be interesting.

Who knows

What exactly do you want an apology for?

If you are upset that I took it upon myself to pick and prod and 'atempt' to engage in debate with you regarding your political beliefs then i'm sorry you cant live in a world where everyone follows your point of view. if they did it could either be classed as boring or maybe a dictatorship

Its also no secret that I am anti-SNP but i'm pleased you have cottoned on and if you think you can somehow make me more anti SNP I welcome your input. I also welcome your input if you wish to try and bring me to your way of thinking so that come May 2017 I might have some more guidance in my decision

Some might call me a bleeding heart lefty but on occasion ive been refered to as a nazi communist. That last one intrigues me still but its always nice to have a bit of a debate and it is intriguing seeing how people react when they can easily label you with one of the current political parties.

The exit poll does intrigue me as we could see the first minority government for 41 years. The tories will need to think carefully how they tread as a majority opposition can call for another general election within the year if they don't like how things are going.

Maybe the majority opposition could call for the FPTP system to be scrapped and completely overhaul the system?

Maybe the SNP would use the situation to their advantage by keeping the tory minority in power in exchange for more powers for scotland or perhaps even that magical 2nd referendum?

who knows it could for once be interesting.

Who knows

an apology for repeating the words of a lying cunt you lying cunt