🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer Rumour Mill - Summer 2012

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SSN reporting done deal

£500k coming our way.

Given we were always going ot get £400k in compensation would have hoped for a little bit more, but guess we will put a positive spin in that it is £500k now plus saving his wages for next five and a bit months

SSN reporting done deal

£500k coming our way.

Given we were always going ot get £400k in compensation would have hoped for a little bit more, but guess we will put a positive spin in that it is £500k now plus saving his wages for next five and a bit months

Was worth taking slightly less to get the deal done, Fyvie would have been no use to us if he had stayed imo as he would have his eye firmly on the door and would worry about getting injured.

Hopefully see a couple of full backs with this

Hopefully see a couple of full backs with this

Unfortunately I think this might be wishful thinking.

Would hazard a guess that the budget might already have been set taking a fee of around this level into account and that this cash will go to the bank. Sincerely hope I'm wrong.

But surely we're still facing "Armageddon" aren't we  ::)

Despite that (ahem) good to see we're getting something for him more than the £400K predicted, lets just hope it's a done deal, no appearance clauses et al, and we get the money in a oner, no installments.

Anyone think we had enogh foresight to get a sell on clause?  ;D

Agree with tlg he was less than stellar once he/his agent decided it was time to move on.

Are there no any full-back positional "rats leaving the sinking ship" in govan we can steal for nowt and pay with this?  ;)

Both Reynolds and Maybury have had a chance with us and not been good enough. Sends out a bad message to bring either back.

Maybury in particular because from what I've seen of him since he looks finished.

Sad to see Fyvie go, but only because of what he could've been. Should've been worth a couple mil by now, but 500k is as good as we could realistically hope for. Wouldn't be surprised if Martinez turns him into a player though.

Sad to see Fyvie go, but only because of what he could've been. Should've been worth a couple mil by now, but 500k is as good as we could realistically hope for. Wouldn't be surprised if Martinez turns him into a player though.

This^^

Think it is a superb move for the lad to a club where a lot of young Scottish lads have done well.

Good luck 34 FF

Both Reynolds and Maybury have had a chance with us and not been good enough. Sends out a bad message to bring either back.

Maybury in particular because from what I've seen of him since he looks finished.

I don't quite see how Reynolds wasn't good enough.

I don't quite see how Reynolds wasn't good enough.

I didn't see as much of him as others probably but of what I did see there was nothing convincing about him. Cost us a couple goals, including being fairly hopeless for the first in the semi, and got the impression he didn't really give much of a toss in general.

It's not so much that I think he's particularly bad though (unlike Maybury who really is shite), it's that the wages we'd probably have to pay on him would be more than a player of same ability. Eg, McArdle was certainly no worse (at centre half), and was on peanuts.

Gary Naysmith is allegedly just training with us.

However at 33 provided he still has a good level of fitness, I actually reckon he could still do a job for us in this season's SPL

Just experience to know to block crosses, show players down the outside and hold an offside line properly would be enough for me.