Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer Rumour Mill - Summer 2012

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Brown leaving is inevitable providing he finds a club, he wasn't even on the bench on Saturday and we all know about the off field issues. We will need a replacement and I don't see Gordon as that far fetched, don't get me wrong it would be a massive coup for us but his career path has been quite similar to Russel Anderson's. Granted Gordon doesn't have a love for us like Russell does but he needs game time and a 2 year contact here with view to selling on in a years time would benefit both parties.

However despite the huge blunder at Celtic I still think Langfield can be our number one and do a very capable job.

I don't see Gordon as that far fetched, don't get me wrong it would be a massive coup for us but his career path has been quite similar to Russel Anderson's. Granted Gordon doesn't have a love for us like Russell does but he needs game time and a 2 year contact here with view to selling on in a years time would benefit both parties.

However despite the huge blunder at Celtic I still think Langfield can be our number one and do a very capable job.

I agree with pretty much all of this.  Remember though, he was on a pretty mental £15k a week in his last year at Hearts, so it's a long time since he's had to settle for real SPL wages...

So it does beg the question, financially speaking, can any SPL club afford to pay silly money (above £5k pw) for a goalkeeper who'll save them maybe 6-9 more points over a season, when equivalent money could realistically buy a 25-goal striker or 10-goal midfielder?

<edited - didn't realise he'd actually been released>

He's not a left back , he is a right back and a good attacking one too ,,, I would take him tomorrow ,,,, but Osborne also looks really assured playing there but think he is better in midfield. Only thing is that he is quite small tho , but never looked out of place playing AGAINST us with our powerhouse strikers :)

Caddis has been known to play left back, so you weren't completely wrong TF.

Saw this lad playing youth football in Ayrshire years ago and looked pretty handy back then.

Surprised that Swindon are prepared to let him go as thought he was well thought of down there and was club captain ?

Caddis has been known to play left back, so you weren't completely wrong TF.

Saw this lad playing youth football in Ayrshire years ago and looked pretty handy back then.

Surprised that Swindon are prepared to let him go as thought he was well thought of down there and was club captain ?

The sun mentioned a spectacular fall out with Di Canio is the reason he's being let go.  Not sure how true it is or whether we have a chance of actually signing him though.

I think Caddis would be a good signing. I remember (through gritted teeth), him ripping Mulgrew a new one in a game at Pittodrie during his loan spell at Dundee Utd.  It would create a very good balance in the side if we were to get him.  I have to say though that without another striker, we're going to continue to struggle.  I'd take another punt on McFadden on a short-term deal.  Like the Gordon chat, I don't think it's necessarily that far-fetched.  He's well out of the picture at international level, he wont get a gig at EPL level, and I'm beginning to doubt he'd even cut it in the Championship right now.  We would be a fantastic shop window for him, and he'd give us what we all need, a bit of excitement.