Transfer Rumour Mill - Summer 2012

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hayes picks Dons above SPL rivals and clubs in League 1

By Alex Martin and Stephen Kasiewicz

Published: 30/05/2012

Aberdeen have won the chase for Caley Thistle winger Jonny Hayes with the Irishman poised to sign a two-year contract with the Dons.

Manager Craig Brown has landed his man despite competition from English League 1 clubs Hartlepool United, managed by former Dons favourite Neale Cooper, Colchester United and SPL rivals St Johnstone and Hibs.

For the full story, pick up a copy of today’s Press and Journal or read our digital edition now

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20120530/jonny-hayes-agrees-deal-with-dons_2212158_2791689

Aberdeen FC can confirm that agreement has been reached with Jonny Hayes on a two year deal that will commence at the end of his present contract with Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC.

Chief Executive Duncan Fraser stated "We met with Jonny's agent Des Byrne prior to the last game of the season and both Jonny and his agent felt that this was the right move for him. Negotiations were carried out in an extremely professional way and I am pleased to say he has chosen Aberdeen ahead of a number of potential clubs. Jonny was a key target for Craig and we are delighted with the outcome".

Jonny will sign the deal after undergoing a medical on his return from holiday.

From Red Web.

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20120530/jonny-hayes-agrees-deal-with-dons_2212158_2791689

Aberdeen FC can confirm that agreement has been reached with Jonny Hayes on a two year deal that will commence at the end of his present contract with Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC.

Chief Executive Duncan Fraser stated "We met with Jonny's agent Des Byrne prior to the last game of the season and both Jonny and his agent felt that this was the right move for him. Negotiations were carried out in an extremely professional way and I am pleased to say he has chosen Aberdeen ahead of a number of potential clubs. Jonny was a key target for Craig and we are delighted with the outcome".

Jonny will sign the deal after undergoing a medical on his return from holiday.

From Red Web.

That is a PR statement if ever I saw one.  The club are taking a very big gamble here by making this public.  If Hayes ends up signing for someone else, there'll be a whole lot more disillusioned folk unwilling to purchase season tickets.  It would be disappointing because he's a good player.  If the club show as little ambition in the transfer market this season, and by that I mean failing to sign any players that turn my head, or signing crappy tenth rate players like Uchechi and Chalali when there absolutely has to be better players in the lower leagues in this country, I wont be at Pittodrie next season.  AFC are as close as dead to me as they've ever been.