• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aberdeen FC eyeing Naysmith and Reynolds

Craig Brown wants duo at club

By Sean Wallace with Aberdeen FC in Germany

Published: 23/07/2012

ABERDEEN FC boss Craig Brown today admitted he’s keen on a double signing swoop for Gary Naysmith and Mark Reynolds.

Scotland cap Naysmith is edging closer to an Aberdeen FC deal after impressing as a substitute in the 12-0 rout of VfB Alstatte in Germany.

But Brown hopes his tight budget can also stretch to landing Sheffield Wednesday defender Reynolds.

Would be a good bit of business IMHO.  I've seen some criticism of Reynolds but I thought he was good and would definitely have him back.

Reynolds was a player I'd have been very happy to see at Pittodrie when he was at Motherwell, he wasn't anywhere near as impressive in his loan stint but maybe if we can get him permanently that might change. Naysmith? Nae idea, if he's still able to charge up and down the wing I'll be amazed but a pukka full back would be a pretty good idea.

CRAIG BROWN has challenged Gary Naysmith to win a longer contract at Aberdeen after offering the defender a deal until the end of the year.

Free agent Naysmith is expected to sign in the next few days after impressing on the Dons’ pre-season trip to Germany.

The 33-year-old has been offered a short-term move but the incentive is there to stay for the entire campaign.

The same applies for midfielder Stephen Hughes, who is also out of contract in January.

Brown said: “I’m interested in a short-term deal for Gary but he can play for a longer one.

“You just have to look at Hughes. He was playing out of his skin in Germany.

“I hope Gary expects the deal but we’ll have to see what his expectations are.”

Brown’s squad came through the Germany trip intact and the boss has a selection headache for the Dons’ SPL opener at Celtic.

He said: “Players who are on form will start against Celtic."

That's fantastic news if Hughes is out of contract in Jan. I was under the impression he signed a 3 year deal when he came. He can get to fuck in Jan then - horrible player.

Pretty sure Hughes was signed on a 2.5 year deal last January or that was what was reported in the papers anyway. Brown getting confused in his old age maybe?

• 2 weeks later...

I think, at this stage of the season/summer transfer window, losing someone of Milsoms quality would be a big blow. I don't think we would adequately replace him and when the team is starting to show signs of real promise, AFC should be fighting tooth and nail to keep players at the club.

Would take the money in a second. Which is about 10 seconds quicker than he can release a pass once it's available. Slows play down a lot and usually misses the opportunity to play someone through.

Always wants a fee more seconds on the ball and for some reason a lot of people mistake that for composure or some shite.