• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

December 18th 1993

Aberdeen 3-1 Kilmarnock

My second ever game

Joe Miller put the Dons 1-0 just before half time

Duncan Shearer ad Lee Richardson scored 2 goals in the space of about 3 mins in the 2nd half to make it 3-0

Bobby Williamson sent off for elbowing Irvine. Cant remember if that was before or after Killie got their consolation.

That was a fucking hellish game. May well have been the game that heralded the "Gie it tae Johnny, he's clean through!!!!!" after a through ball was played to Stewart and he had such pish poor awareness that instead of the ball passing him leaving a one on one, it hit him on the arse. Summed up the match really.

That and the tear jerking shouts of "She takes it up the arse, Kelly, she takes it up the arse". It was a boring game.

• 1 year later...

In 1989, we signed this dude:

aberdeen-hans-gillhaus-367-shooting-stars-1991-92-football-trading-card-22920-p.jpg

Gullit's replacement at PSV, European Cup winner, Dutch internationalist and started alongside van Basten at Italia 90 for the reigning European Champions (international edition), and all for £650,000 (or 0.8125 of a Billy Dodds, if you like...). 

He was an absolute superstar of a player.  It was a privilege to see him play for the Dons.

Speaking of the Jess Gilhaus combination, my son was 3 weeks old when he attended his first Dons game.

Easter Road early 91. His mother was with him that day, like she was at Dungfermline, him being incubated in the heavily pregnant muppet wife of mine. He slept through an outstanding game of football, another 4-1 win away from home I think. And again, Hans and Eoin ran the show and bagged all the goals.

One of the guys I went to school with who I only ever saw at AFC games put his scarf round my loon, sleeping as he was on my chest in the contraption sling thing. He still has that scarf to this day, almost a quarter of a century later.

Ok. I may have got mixed up date wise. He may have been 3 weeks old attending St Mirren away. 1-0 we won. Davie Robertson hilariously gesturing to us that he had the boy in his hipper. Easter Road was definitely one of my son's first two games, both attended within his first 5 or 6 weeks of life.

Back then in that season in particular, it was compulsive viewing. That was the best season I've ever seen from an Aberdeen team in terms of quality. Fucking tragedy that Smiffy fucked us up the arse at Ibrox in May. It's almost too unreal to think it was down to simple faggotry and incompetence. I smell a new conspiracy theory brooding. Alex paedophile Smith. Lump on.

The Hibs game was 30 March 1991.

That was a cracking team that season, played the game so quickly and clinically.

Probably my favourite ever league game was the second game of that season at Parkhead.  Was there with my dad and my grandad (the last time he made it to a match with us). Pumped them 3-0 going on 23-0.  We absolutely rinsed them in the second half, Mason and Gillhaus up front, both scoring and one from Connor.

But the bounce at St Mirren when Bett scored to make it 1-0 with 15 minutes to go was just incredible.

Great detectiving young man! My Scott was born 15th Feb. There's the six weeks old at Easter Road. I swear that St Mirren must have been 3 weeks earlier then, 9th March. There were no Sunday games in those days. We all respected our kirks back then. We knew the value of community and commonality.

That's why the Muslims are a winning cult. They tune in to this. Cunts.

Saint Mirren game was 3rd last of the season, 27th of April, so he was near enough an adult by that point!

Fuck. Will have to find the calendar for that season.

I only missed ONE away game that season. Amazingly it was the hiding at St Johnstone. And yet on the 13th Feb, I dumped my wife at hospital, drove to MacDiarmid Park, Scott Booth 87th minute, 1-0, thus the name of my first born. Still got back in time to "watch" for many hours until his 1.24 a.m. entrance on the Friday.

Maybe he made three Dons games in his first six weeks. Must check. The wife was a regular attendee back then. She went to Anfield where I did not and was at Bayern 3-2 just over 3 years before we met. That's what I call a class synergy, as proved by 30 years together next year. Assuming I don't fuck off with someone else.

Fuck. Will have to find the calendar for that season.

I only missed ONE away game that season. Amazingly it was the hiding at St Johnstone. And yet on the 13th Feb, I dumped my wife at hospital, drove to MacDiarmid Park, Scott Booth 87th minute, 1-0, thus the name of my first born. Still got back in time to "watch" for many hours until his 1.24 a.m. entrance on the Friday.

Maybe he made three Dons games in his first six weeks. Must check. The wife was a regular attendee back then. She went to Anfield where I did not and was at Bayern 3-2 just over 3 years before we met. That's what I call a class synergy, as proved by 30 years together next year. Assuming I don't fuck off with someone else.

Well don't be calling her a muppet then!

• 4 weeks later...