On this day

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

11.5.83 was the best day of my life, the best of six best days, beating the days our four kids were born and the day I married their mother. Not even close actually. Such a shame that 35.5 years later I finally gave up on AFC and what it had become and in 2020 became a supporter of a team in blue with a disgusting second name. I don't agree that we should have been given league 2 but we would've won it anyway. The fucks I give for Aberdeen Westhill are zero. Aberdeen Cove is my future, a far more honest organisation and a rekindler of my love for supporting the game.

30 years ago today that we last won the Scottish Cup.

Where does the time go. I was just a plooky faced 16 year old old looking forward to years of cup triumphs, didn't work out quite as I had planned, but at least the plooks cleared up.

• 2 weeks later...

Aberdeen 4 - Rangers 1  -  Scottish Cup Final,1982

What a day.Only my second cup final at Hampden,but this was the first Scottish cup final,and remains the favourite of all finals.

Was working on a farm at the time and meant to be on duty that weekend to feed the 'baists',but no way was I missing this and was up at 6am to give them a double feed to keep them going til I got back,then headed along the road to join the Inverness reds to Glasgow.

A great comeback after losing an early goal,though even at 3 -1 up in extra time,there was still a doubt that we wernt going to be allowed to win a Cup in Glsagow against the Hun,...…………….but up steppedl Neale to do his famous smash into the net..What a bounce.,what a journey home

Didn't get back to the farm til midnight to feed the coos,but noticed theyd been already fed,and got a bollicking in the morning because theyd been roaring their heads off since late afternoon

Happy days 

• 2 years later...