Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Daniel Uchechi - Trialist

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Aberdeen striker Daniel Uchechi was sold on a move to Pittodrie by former Dons winger Sone Aluko.

Aluko, who joined Rangers as a free agent in November, helped convince his fellow Nigerian to agree a six-month deal with Craig Brown's side.

"When he spoke to me last summer, he said good things," said Uchechi.

"We've been friends for quite a while and he said good stuff about the club. So, I can say my decision was influenced by his opinion."

Uchechi, 22, has agreed a deal at Pittodrie until the end of the season with a further two-year option after spells with Charlton Athletic and West Ham.

Following loan deals at Leicester City and Sheffield Wednesday, he left Upton Park for FC Dender in Lagos.

The Nigeria under-23 played down the tag of the 'new Sone Aluko' and insisted he would try to bring something different to the club.

"We're not the same players - he's left footed, I'm right-footed," said Uchechi.

"We can be similar in certain ways, but I think he's a different sort of player and we have different approaches to the game.

"Saying I'm the new Sone Aluko is a good thing, but I think we bring different things to the game.

"Sone only has praise for Aberdeen. Aberdeen helped him improve as a player and help him get to where he is."

"My number one target will be to play well, to help in terms of bringing as much as I can to the table.

"I just want to help win as many games as possible and get up the table as much as I can."

Uchechi supposedly injured for tomorrow.

Fucking marvelous, tomorrow would have been an ideal game for him to make his debut in my opinion, even if only coming off the bench for the last third of the game or so.

Out of curiousity was he actually playing week in week out in Nigeria up until his transfer ???

Fucking marvelous, tomorrow would have been an ideal game for him to make his debut in my opinion, even if only coming off the bench for the last third of the game or so.

Out of curiousity was he actually playing week in week out in Nigeria up until his transfer ???

According to the ever reliable wiki he has only played one first team game in his career and thats was for Sheff Wednesday.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw him for the first time last night, would say he was trying to hard but a very tricky player with lots of flicks and turns.

Finally, I asked this question in the other thread and got no response, sounds like a good prospect! Why was he moved centrally later on in the game ???