Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Daniel Uchechi - Trialist

Dons in move to bring in Nigerian attacker

By Michael Gannon

Published: 30/01/2012

Aberdeen will today attempt to negotiate a loan deal for attacker Danny Uchechi after finalising the details of Gavin Rae’s 18-month deal and Isaac Osbourne’s one-year contract extension.

The Dons are in discussion with Nigerian club Dender and, despite claims from the African side, believe they can secure the 22-year-old for free.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott Vernon believes Nigerian trialist Daniel Uchechi would be a good addition to the Aberdeen squad if Craig Brown decides to offer the striker a deal.

Uchechi is currently training with the SPL club after he was released by League One side Sheffield Wednesday back in November.

He can also play on the wing and forward Vernon is confident that Uchechi would provide the Pittodrie club with a different dimension if he signs.

"He is the type of player that we haven't got," said Vernon. "He can play as a winger and dribbles a bit more than the players we have.

"He has good feet and good skills and I'm sure he will be a good addition if he stays."

To be honest I'd rather we were giving Chalali a run in the team.

ha ha i was reading the EE and laughing at that classic from them. The Quality Control wasn't doing their jobs on that one ha ha.

I've yet to see Charlie Allan come away with an exclusive on Twitter yet. He has obviously upset those at the club so doesn't get any info these days. Liam McLeod seems to have one or two well was first with Considine re-signing.

According to reports elsewhere he played the full ninety minutes of a bounce game against ICT earlier today and looked impressive.

Also apparently The Dazzler staked a claim for a new contract with a goal.

That'll be it for another six months or so though ::)

According to reports elsewhere he played the full ninety minutes of a bounce game against ICT earlier today and looked impressive.

Also apparently The Dazzler staked a claim for a new contract with a goal.

That'll be it for another six months or so though ::)

I spotted the Inverness team bus on Golf Road earlier and wondered what it was doing here.

Aberdeen fans - Daniel Uchechi has now completed his move to Pittodrie until the end of the season. The Dons have the option of keeping the Nigerian for a further two years. He had spells at Charlton and West Ham.

Aberdeen say that's them done now in the transfer window. They've also brought in Stephen Hughes, Gavin Rae, Russell Anderson and Mark Reynolds.

ok wages sorry. assumed you meant fee tlg.

picture on the website is in daylight. Either they take pics before deals are done, so players can go home while the grown ups negotiate the deal, or the club kept us hanging on for confirmation until just over an hour before the deadline to tell us the transfer activity was over, rather than have us wonder if we'd consider SIGNING A FUCKING FULL BACK.

Maybe I'm just cynical. either way i'm still relieved we haven't signed the "guinean roberto carlos"

although wait..."the next carlos tevez" isn't really much more encouraging!

still, welcome aboard! hopefully an adequate replacement for bebo and hopefully him and chalali can compliment crespo well.